You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 49>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:29pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

PM did ye hear about this

https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/cruise/c714/majestic-fjordland
Funnily enough I would really fancy a cruise along Norway's coastline, Norway could I ever afjord it though.

That is a great idea though, can we just put them all on boats? Is the boat powered by their farts or their smugness? And, biggest question of all, who can they feel superior too if they are all vegan?

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

These are the boozers you want to be drinking in.

Instead of some bar full of lads with short trousers, shoes, no socks, fake glasses, heavy beards, who are vegans and drinking craft beers and who have all decided to become homosexual for spring because it's in the in thing to do.

Playing pokemon with their poxy man bags.

The best ten word of this thread. 100% spot on Clap

Any gobsh*te that warns you about areas/pubs/people etc etc to avoid is someone that has never lived/drank or known anything about it/them.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is the 'Confession Box' still going? I used to enjoy the craic in there, used to be a few characters and decent stout.

The Confession Box is still going alright. Sort of place where you can get chatting to anyone. Great for a stop after one of the quieter Dubs games, you'd love the crowd for that PM!

MacNeills on Capel st. is a great spot for interesting characters. Met a few gaeilgeoir poets last time.

Not many places I wouldn't go but Sunset House is one (think its changed names after the shooting..). There was one under Harold's Cross bridge I never liked the look of, not sure if its still there. And one on a corner at the back of James' gate.
Think that's Harkins your on about! Great pub and a brilliant pint! Everyone 100%

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 04 May 2017 at 12:01am
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:20am
Went to the Capel early bar on paddies weekend , Man behind the bar was pissed and all the toilets were smashed. Having to knock to get in was new to me but I enjoyed the spot  Thumbs Up
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Is the 'Confession Box' still going? I used to enjoy the craic in there, used to be a few characters and decent stout.

The Confession Box is still going alright. Sort of place where you can get chatting to anyone. Great for a stop after one of the quieter Dubs games, you'd love the crowd for that PM!

MacNeills on Capel st. is a great spot for interesting characters. Met a few gaeilgeoir poets last time.

Not many places I wouldn't go but Sunset House is one (think its changed names after the shooting..). There was one under Harold's Cross bridge I never liked the look of, not sure if its still there. And one on a corner at the back of James' gate.

Harold House? 

That's a nice spot and pints are very cheap. Real locals place but not a bit rough. 

Is that under a bridge? Nope

those ones are across the road and closed. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

These are the boozers you want to be drinking in.

Instead of some bar full of lads with short trousers, shoes, no socks, fake glasses, heavy beards, who are vegans and drinking craft beers and who have all decided to become homosexual for spring because it's in the in thing to do.

Playing pokemon with their poxy man bags.

Clap 
Rossie's spot on too

Edited by Croftman - 04 May 2017 at 12:33pm
Some people just deserve a slap
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Harold House? 

That's a nice spot and pints are very cheap. Real locals place but not a bit rough. 

Is that under a bridge? Nope

those ones are across the road and closed. 
One of them pubs is still open,MVP it's called
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:19pm
The Dubs supporters bar on Parnell Street was a great spot

Some junkie tried to sell me a ham then a bag of coke haha

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

How much?LOLLOL
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:49pm

Is that the name of it? Never heard of it.

Who carries around a ham anyway LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Is that the name of it? Never heard of it.

You used to always get them in a pub I worked at in London, it means they have just robbed Tesco. My fella was great, used to come in and ask me what I wanted first.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:05pm

Don't Sunderland have Darron Gibson
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

No, you can cure a ham
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:18pm

Great spot - some junkie was selling books another persil and some other lad clothes. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

No, you can cure a ham

LOLLOLLOL
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:54pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:57pm
I think this thread has been done before.

The Chancery on the Quays is some spot if you're looking for a Saturday morning rollover session with all the performer enhancers to keep you going close at hand .
Also the Inn on the Liffey was a rough gay bar but I don't know if that's still going.
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 49>
  Share Topic