You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 50>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Flowing Tide back open and selling Harp on draught...€6.20 a scoop.

We used to drink in the Neptune (back in schooldays fado fado fado). And mostly likely Harp.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

We used to drink in the Neptune (back in schooldays fado fado fado). And mostly likely Harp.
My early haunts were Madigans in North Earl Street and The Elbow Inn at the corner of Mary and Liffey Street.

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 5:24pm
I think my last time in Madigans I was carried out by work colleagues and deposited at front door.

Parents less than impressed. The lad who cycled my bike back to Cabra also unimpressed as he had no idea where he was going (he went via Glasnevin & Finglas).
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 6:25pm

Looking forward to seeing what they've done with it. That stretch with Briodys, Confession Box and previously the Sackville is the finest stretch of pubs in the city for me. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Looking forward to seeing what they've done with it. That stretch with Briodys, Confession Box and previously the Sackville is the finest stretch of pubs in the city for me. 
That's possibly the greatest name for a pub I've ever heard. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 7:29pm

All done this evening - all packed, happy faces, great to see. Guinness went from €5.80 to £5.60 to £5.50...Confession Box is right beside the Pro Cathedral....hence its name. Work on going in FT, looks like there going old Dub pub moving away from the link with the Abbey
...plenty of old photos of GAA teams similar to those in Briodys....

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 04 Nov 2022 at 7:35pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 9:30pm
The Strawberry Hall use to be a great place for a scoop is it still going strong?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 10:06pm

All done this evening - all packed, happy faces, great to see. Guinness went from €5.80 to £5.60 to £5.50...Confession Box is right beside the Pro Cathedral....hence its name. Work on going in FT, looks like there going old Dub pub moving away from the link with the Abbey

Brian stynes bought (or is part owner ) of the flowing tide so plenty of Gaa will be on show I’d imagine.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 10:19pm

Used to start at Lanigans and work our way up. Some fantastic spots along it, Confession Box and Brannigans were 2 of my favorites. Havent been over that way for a pint since the Luas works got underway.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

The Strawberry Hall use to be a great place for a scoop is it still going strong?
yep still going well
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

What time does Mulligans stop serving at on Tuesdays ?

Going to a concert in the 3Arena and my bus home from Georges Quay is not til 00.05. Closet pub is Mulligans

11.30pm I imagine. 

Thanks for that 

Might have a leg it from the 3Arena so, 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:01pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:20pm
Temple Bar are bringing in financing to allow their customers to buy drink.  You can now pay in affordable monthly installments.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 8:13pm
Flowing Tide a great little spot some absolute class pints no TVs and a two nice little snugs
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 8:05am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Flowing Tide a great little spot some absolute class pints no TVs and a two nice little snugs

Went back in on Fri, they did a great job of the refurb, was worried it'd turn a not hipster but not sure a bit of it 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

OMG, the paint was flaking. Well I will never ever be back to one of the best pints of Guinness in Dublin again.

Its only as good as any other pint around.  Totally overrated.

Last time I was there the pint was very average. Big let down
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 6:10pm

I am lucky to work on Talbot Street. Confession Box is superb in every way. 
Add Cleary's on Amien Street to this area and Molloy's and the Celt on Talbot Street.
Great boozers 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 10:22am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I am lucky to work on Talbot Street. Confession Box is superb in every way. 
Add Cleary's on Amien Street to this area and Molloy's and the Celt on Talbot Street.
Great boozers 
Fantastic Guinness. That and MacNeils on Capel Street have some great Guinness.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 50>
  Share Topic