You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 49>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:47pm
Was in Slattery's on Capel St earlier watching the Liverpool game, some amount of 1916 paraphernalia.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:33pm
Took a visit to the Confession box last Saturday Great ballad session and the Guinness was one of the best I've ever Tasted Clap
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 8:40pm
It's hardly off the beaten track but met Charlton's Child, Keitho and Spooninho in The Bleeding Horse over the Christmas for a few pints : Hadn't been in there in years but the Guinness was good. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Was in Slattery's on Capel St earlier watching the Liverpool game, some amount of 1916 paraphernalia.

Good shout HB
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 7:02pm
Moaning hipster coonts complaining that Grogans don't take card. There's a fookin ATM in the place but not good enough. 

Carry some cash you fantasizing contactless w**ker!!  Angry

Best boozer in Dublin hands down. Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Moaning hipster coonts complaining that Grogans don't take card. There's a fookin ATM in the place but not good enough. 

didnt know there was an atm in there. Had to go over to Powerscourt to get money out before
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 8:25pm
It's just at the side of the long part of the bar. Nicely inconspicuous too and doesn't stick out like fookin fruit machine from Vegas. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:45pm
Serious whack of Apple tarts in that boozer. More so than is normal. Sign that the porter is decent.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:51pm

most overrated bar in Dublin, Guinness is mediocre at best 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Completely agree. More like an airport too, full of tourists. And what business these days doesn’t accept card Dead

Best to keep away from that part of town anyway. Plenty of good boozers on the Southside from the Swan up Camden Street and Baggot street.

Chaplins is a good aul spot for Guinness, you’ll near always get a seat and a proper pub with good Barmen and women

Edited by Pipkin - 15 Aug 2019 at 11:20pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:20pm
have to agree with nvidic....the Guinness is average at best but tis a fine boozer all the same.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Completely agree. More like an airport too, full of tourists. And what business these days doesn’t accept card Dead

Best to keep away from that part of town anyway. Plenty of good boozers on the Southside from the Swan up Camden Street and Baggot street.

Chaplins is a good aul spot for Guinness, you’ll near always get a seat and a proper pub with good Barmen and women

Fully agreed, in the swan tonight, great Dublin pub with no crowds, excellent Guinness too, Chaplins is a great place to escape the crowds whenever everywhere else is busy, service can be slow but doesn't bother me 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 9:36am

Actually agree with you on the Guinness. Head doesn't last at all really. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 9:38am
I think the Long Haul is overrated tbh. It's too large to be a cosy local boozer. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 9:40am

The type where they don't want some bollocks tapping his card when he's buying a mi wadi and peanuts. 

Just carry some cash. Problem solved. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 9:49am

Fully agreed, in the swan tonight, great Dublin pub with no crowds, excellent Guinness too, Chaplins is a great place to escape the crowds whenever everywhere else is busy, service can be slow but doesn't bother me 

Come on lads, the Guinness in Chaplins is far inferior to Grogans. If you're around Hawkins St just wander down to Mulligans anyway. There and Keohes have the best stout in the city centre.

The Swan is a decent shout, always used to be a bad bang of piss coming out of the jacks in there though. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:00am
Neds of Townsend Street on South Side of the river - Briodys of Marlborough Street on North Side of the river - best Guinness i had in CC.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Neds of Townsend Street on South Side of the river - Briodys of Marlborough Street on North Side of the river - best Guinness i had in CC.

ClapClapClap

Great boozer. A Marlborough Street Mini Pub Crawl - Confession Box, Pipers and Briodys.  
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 49>
  Share Topic