You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 49>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Handy that all saddos who bring animals to pubs for company can be in one place.

A targeted nuke strike needed.

You would love the Gravediggers

To be fair they have done some job pretending they sell the best pint in Ireland
Agreed. Overrated 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 9:13pm

Handy that all saddos who bring animals to pubs for company can be in one place.

To be fair they have done some job pretending they sell the best pint in Ireland

I'd tend to agree now they are lovely pints but I've had better myself Tom Kennedys beside Vicar Street best for me in the city. 

Don't get me wrong, they are top quality pints, as good as you will get. But any pub worth its salt will serve the exact same. There is no magic formula. The pint in my bar out my back is the same. 
The guinness in the keg is the same for everyone. The gas pressure is regulated. 
Keeping your glasses clean is key
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 9:21pm
Awful thirst on my now Beer

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 9:33pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He should be having a pint in each one of them.

Myself and BSM planned to do this 20 odd years ago, back when drink driving was a thing.
I would pick him and a few of the lads up in an Only Fools and Horses type Polo Fox and off we went every Saturday/Sunday afternoon.

Would do a pint in 3/4 pubs in a certain area. Novelty wore off after a few weekends 
Good timesLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 12:27am

I'd tend to agree now they are lovely pints but I've had better myself Tom Kennedys beside Vicar Street best for me in the city. 

Don't get me wrong, they are top quality pints, as good as you will get. But any pub worth its salt will serve the exact same. There is no magic formula. The pint in my bar out my back is the same. 
The guinness in the keg is the same for everyone. The gas pressure is regulated. 
Keeping your glasses clean is key
what time tomorrow ****?
The Ham View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 10:10pm
Guinness is perhaps one of the most homogenised products in the world. Add that to the fact that there is countless "Quality Control" vans on the road and Diageo literally pay pubs to ensure their taps are maintained, it beggars belief that people still think there are good/bad pints nowadays. 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 9:10pm
I could barely pick Tallaght out on a map but I was out there yesterday in The Scholars for some food and a few pints after a funeral. I'm not usually a big fan of pubs that do food but the grub there was really excellent. More restaurant standard than pub. Apparently this is a recent thing as up until a couple of months ago the food was average enough, but since then they've gotten in a new chef. The roast beef was unreal. Lovely Guinness too
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 9:25pm
Got sent the price list thats doing the rounds for a well known Dublin CC pub, a pint of Guinness is €8.95 and Smithwicks/Lagers are €9.95....bottle of Smirnoff Ice/Bulmers is €9.75.......wonder is it a hoax ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 9:30pm
Its not. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I could barely pick Tallaght out on a map but I was out there yesterday in The Scholars for some food and a few pints after a funeral. I'm not usually a big fan of pubs that do food but the grub there was really excellent. More restaurant standard than pub. Apparently this is a recent thing as up until a couple of months ago the food was average enough, but since then they've gotten in a new chef. The roast beef was unreal. Lovely Guinness too
Decent boozerClap
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Decent boozerClap

The bar on the left hand side as you walk in is where I'll be parked for tye 1st 2 days of Cheltenham.  Free coddle and good Guinness 👍 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Decent boozerClap

The bar on the left hand side as you walk in is where I'll be parked for tye 1st 2 days of Cheltenham.  Free coddle and good Guinness 👍 
You go into the Speaker at all?
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 6:31pm

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Decent boozerClap

You go into the Speaker at all?

That was my local from 17 - 30! Will always have a soft spot for it. Funnily enough, never watched Cheltenham there. We always would go somewhere different.

If you're looking for great Guinness in the area, Aherns is the spot 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by The Ham The Ham wrote:

Guinness is perhaps one of the most homogenised products in the world. Add that to the fact that there is countless "Quality Control" vans on the road and Diageo literally pay pubs to ensure their taps are maintained, it beggars belief that people still think there are good/bad pints nowadays. 
Going a bit off topic for Dublin pubs but the above just isint true, was down in Galway last summer and got an absolutely foul pint in the Dail bar. Took the w**ker behind the bar 10 minutes to pull it too, won’t be goin back there !!
No Pasaran!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Going a bit off topic for Dublin pubs but the above just isint true, was down in Galway last summer and got an absolutely foul pint in the Dail bar. Took the w**ker behind the bar 10 minutes to pull it too, won’t be goin back there !!

Was that upstairs in the Dail bar after 7pm? 
AKA pedantic kunt
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 9:21pm
!

Edited by oldbilly - 19 Feb 2023 at 9:25pm
No Pasaran!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

LOL

A certain sc ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 49>
  Share Topic