You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 49>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The Windjammer is a great working class pub.

How so? 

I know the pub but just curious about your definition 
I’d have went there a good bit either before games or just some random days to watch the racing and it’s generally a local crowd wouldn’t get too many venturing in as it’s kind of out of the way. It’s also an early house so plenty of workers dropping by.

Is it local to you or are you “venturing in” 
Was local to me at one time so liked to return from time to time surely that’s allowed.

Has the pub been edited much over the years?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:14pm

How so? 

I’d have went there a good bit either before games or just some random days to watch the racing and it’s generally a local crowd wouldn’t get too many venturing in as it’s kind of out of the way. It’s also an early house so plenty of workers dropping by.

I'll pop in next Ireland game and let you know how  my veterinary partner and I are getting on in our quest in applying for a mortgageSmile
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

How so? 

I'll pop in next Ireland game and let you know how  my veterinary partner and I are getting on in our quest in applying for a mortgageSmile

Would you not just get your butler to pop in for you instead?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 5:43pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 6:54pm
Pub across the street from me has been closed for the last 16 months. A real auld lad pub. IDK how they're going to remain open once this whole thing blows over.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Pub across the street from me has been closed for the last 16 months. A real auld lad pub. IDK how they're going to remain open once this whole thing blows over.
a lot depends on their overheads in the last 18 months - if premises owned by owners of pub then it should be ok as have been paying reduced insurance, electricity (all tax deductable) and no wages, product.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 8:02pm
Going up the Cabra Rd yesterday and several tables set up on the footpath outside Downeys, lots of old codgers getting stuck into the stout. Continental lifestyle comes to D7...Wink
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 8:46am
In pub news, Weatherspoons has bought a property on Aston Quay first quay on the way to Heuston from O'Connell Bridge. Planning to build a 3 storey pub with roof garden. as much as Weatherspoons isn't for me, it's right next to Temple Bar (where publicans are ripping people off anyway), and a large Hostel so will do well there. The roof garden overlooking the Liffey is a first too is it?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:10pm
Be interesting to see what if any impact it has on Temple Bar prices. I don’t think it will have any tbh. People heading to temple bar are looking for something different (being more ripped off one of them seemingly) than Wetherspoons offer. Their Abbey Street offering didn’t impact on the North side of the river, albeit a different landscape entirely. 

Locally to myself, theres a Wetherspoon in West End Village at Blanch SC. When open it was usually ticking over bums on seat wise and fairly busy most times, but it had no impact on local pubs who still had their regular all day bar stool clientele etc and always packed at times you would expect a pub to be packed. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:18pm
Have pints on the brain now after opening this thread. My own fault really.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Take a few moments to reflect, weight up the pros and cons before you come to a sensible and thought out decision. Enjoy the pintsThumbs Up
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Take a few moments to reflect, weight up the pros and cons before you come to a sensible and thought out decision. Enjoy the pintsThumbs Up

Was at GF's nephews Christening last Saturday. Was at the house which is in the middle of nowhere in Kildare. Taps & cooler were rented, 1/2 Guinness & 1/2 Heineken kegs there when I got there. Nicest pints I've had from any home set up, would put any event bar to shame. We all chipped in to get full Heineken later on in the day so safe to say I didn't make my match at 3pm the next day. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 3:55pm

Was at GF's nephews Christening last Saturday. Was at the house which is in the middle of nowhere in Kildare. Taps & cooler were rented, 1/2 Guinness & 1/2 Heineken kegs there when I got there. Nicest pints I've had from any home set up, would put any event bar to shame. We all chipped in to get full Heineken later on in the day so safe to say I didn't make my match at 3pm the next day. 
Shocking lack of commitment to the Wanderers but impressive commitment to pints Clap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 6:21pm

LOLLOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

LOLLOL

Our lord would be proud as another child enters his flock.  Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 11:29pm

Greenforever?

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 5:13pm
Lads,,need a pub in Dublin CC to watch football today. Went to the Living Room but there was a huge queue. Resigned to watching first game in hotel bar, grateful to any ideas either side of the river....

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 03 Jul 2021 at 5:14pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Lads,,need a pub in Dublin CC to watch football today. Went to the Living Room but there was a huge queue. Resigned to watching first game in hotel bar, grateful to any ideas either side of the river....

El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 49>
  Share Topic