You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 49>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:18am
Chaplins is our regular haunt after Ireland games. Grand pub with a lovely pint of Guinness. The pint in Mulligans must be the most overrated in Dublin. My own favourite pub is The Dame Tavern. Great pint and I've never had a bad day/night in the place.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Chaplins is our regular haunt after Ireland games. Grand pub with a lovely pint of Guinness. The pint in Mulligans must be the most overrated in Dublin. My own favourite pub is The Dame Tavern. Great pint and I've never had a bad day/night in the place.

Definitely. Myself and my mate had two pints in Mulligans a couple of months back and we both felt sick as dogs after. Never got it from Guinness before but you'd think pubs that regularly serve Guinness more than any other drink would have nice pints. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:14am
Think Neds is gone now
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:08pm
I love the pints in Mulligans
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Never had a bad pint in there. Dunno what the lads are on. Always creamy goodness. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Never had a bad pint in there. Dunno what the lads are on. Always creamy goodness. 

The brother was home from Oz in May so on the way to meet our cousin in town for a few pints, we stopped into Mulligans for "one" on the way. Needless to say, we were late!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:35pm
Guinness is always great in Mulligans.

Every pub should offer card services. I carry fck all cash and use my card for almost everything. Cheaper to tap than withdraw cash from ATM also.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:40pm

Mulligans Clap
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:16pm
No doubt Mulligans does a good pint.
That little part of town around the old Irish Press always had good Guinness going back to the days of the White Horse and the Regal (Chaplins).

One memory of Mulligans for me was back on a cold winters day and a little crew of us were nursing a few pints over lunchtime in the back room. It was very quiet and we had the place to ourselves. Next in walks 4 or 5 studenty types who started to talking to Noel the barman. Noel comes down to us and tells us that they were a college theatre group who were making a radio production of one of O'Casey's plays and were recording a scene in the pub. The problem was they needed some background noise to make the scene authentic. We offered our services to provide the background noise on condition that they would provide the stout. A deal was down and what began as a quite sneaky lunchtime pint turned into a proper session lasting long into the night, long after the student group had departed. Happy Times.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

That little part of town around the old Irish Press always had good Guinness going back to the days of the White Horse and the Regal (Chaplins).

One memory of Mulligans for me was back on a cold winters day and a little crew of us were nursing a few pints over lunchtime in the back room. It was very quiet and we had the place to ourselves. Next in walks 4 or 5 studenty types who started to talking to Noel the barman. Noel comes down to us and tells us that they were a college theatre group who were making a radio production of one of O'Casey's plays and were recording a scene in the pub. The problem was they needed some background noise to make the scene authentic. We offered our services to provide the background noise on condition that they would provide the stout. A deal was down and what began as a quite sneaky lunchtime pint turned into a proper session lasting long into the night, long after the student group had departed. Happy Times.

And you are a civil servant right? LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:36pm
My Ma used to work in an office building close to Mulligans in the 1960's.
She tells me that the amount of Friday lunchtime bomb scares in that building was ridiculous!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:10pm
Just to be clear, I think the pint in Mulligans is overrated, not bad. It's actually reasonable enough. It just isn't the best pint in Dublin, or anywhere near it, as it's often touted as being.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:15pm

Just to be clear, I think the pint in Mulligans is overrated, not bad. It's actually reasonable enough. It just isn't the best pint in Dublin, or anywhere near it, as it's often touted as being.

Most seem to disagree with your analysis. Wink
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:16pm

Noel is a gas fcuker. Great barman. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:21pm

Bachelors Walk used to film the pub scenes in there.Saw a Korean TV crew in there another night filming some tv show.

Mulligans was a regualr spot for me for about 3 years,the pints were always good but not the outrageouly good pints they were made out to be.Plenty of places in the CC had as good or better pints.
The owners had the Long Stone around the corner and the guinnesss was every bit as good but you'd never hear it mentioned.

Edited by rossieman - 16 Aug 2019 at 2:22pm
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:21pm

Most seem to disagree with your analysis. Wink

I get that a lot
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:29pm

Agree fully although its been a year or so since Ive darkened the door.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:29pm

Dame Tavern is a great little pub. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 49>
  Share Topic