You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 49>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is the 'Confession Box' still going? I used to enjoy the craic in there, used to be a few characters and decent stout.

The Confession Box is still going alright. Sort of place where you can get chatting to anyone. Great for a stop after one of the quieter Dubs games, you'd love the crowd for that PM!

MacNeills on Capel st. is a great spot for interesting characters. Met a few gaeilgeoir poets last time.

Not many places I wouldn't go but Sunset House is one (think its changed names after the shooting..). There was one under Harold's Cross bridge I never liked the look of, not sure if its still there. And one on a corner at the back of James' gate.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Is the 'Confession Box' still going? I used to enjoy the craic in there, used to be a few characters and decent stout.

The Confession Box is still going alright. Sort of place where you can get chatting to anyone. Great for a stop after one of the quieter Dubs games, you'd love the crowd for that PM!

MacNeills on Capel st. is a great spot for interesting characters. Met a few gaeilgeoir poets last time.

Not many places I wouldn't go but Sunset House is one (think its changed names after the shooting..). There was one under Harold's Cross bridge I never liked the look of, not sure if its still there. And one on a corner at the back of James' gate.

Harold House? 

That's a nice spot and pints are very cheap. Real locals place but not a bit rough. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:54pm
Id say he means the other side. It's MVP now,hipster spot I think. Years ago it was a right kip,McKenna's maybe,can't remember
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Id say he means the other side. It's MVP now,hipster spot I think. Years ago it was a right kip,McKenna's maybe,can't remember

That's the one I think, was well dodgy looking.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:08pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

That's the one I think, was well dodgy looking.

My mate  lived very close to there but yah it's some crustie place now for arseholes that like paying 6 quid for some craft beer piss. 

Edited by irishmufc - 03 May 2017 at 9:09pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:25pm
Think it was the Glimerman back in the day
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If you wouldn't venture in there, how do you know it's full of 'headers and bogeys'?

The only time I drank in that pub, one of the locals was selling disability car parking stickers and bus passes. I drove by the place every day for years on way home from work and the smoking area (Gardiner St side) used to have the same bogey looking heads every day. Looks like the kind of place you would put an order in with a shoplifter to stroke clothes and toys for the kids for Christmas!

Might be grand on match day or if there was a concert on but even at that, I wouldn't go near it!

Now it is probably 3 years since I've been near it so perhaps it's a lovely establishment now with Tapas on a Thursday and Jazz music on Monday nights!
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

If you wouldn't venture in there, how do you know it's full of 'headers and bogeys'?

The only time I drank in that pub, one of the locals was selling disability car parking stickers and bus passes. I drove by the place every day for years on way home from work and the smoking area (Gardiner St side) used to have the same bogey looking heads every day. Looks like the kind of place you would put an order in with a shoplifter to stroke clothes and toys for the kids for Christmas!

Might be grand on match day or if there was a concert on but even at that, I wouldn't go near it!

Now it is probably 3 years since I've been near it so perhaps it's a lovely establishment now with Tapas on a Thursday and Jazz music on Monday nights!

I'm from the area. Apparently it went under a change of ownership and whoever was previously barred are now the regulars LOL my old man drinks there occasionally and i'd know a few of the people in there but it wouldn't really be my kind of a spot, if as much because i'd be far younger than most of the clientele as any other reason. Havent really heard of any more trouble from it than the other local pubs though tbh

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 03 May 2017 at 9:34pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:35pm

Not to mention Weight Watchers on Tuesday's and the Legion Of Mary on Wednesday's
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:36pm

Give me the former to the latter, cheap clothes and a few pints.ClapClapClap There are enough places doing jazz and tapas, you need proper pubs with a bit of edge.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:54pm

That will probably all change when the new Luas line brings in a different crowd to the area.Is Marlborough St still very ran down ?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:57pm
These are the boozers you want to be drinking in.

Instead of some bar full of lads with short trousers, shoes, no socks, fake glasses, heavy beards, who are vegans and drinking craft beers and who have all decided to become homosexual for spring because it's in the in thing to do.

Playing pokemon with their poxy man bags.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:03pm

Instead of some bar full of lads with short trousers, shoes, no socks, fake glasses, heavy beards, who are vegans and drinking craft beers and who have all decided to become homosexual for spring because it's in the in thing to do.

ClapClapClap
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:04pm
auld man boozer with good pints and a bookie within 100 yards is all thats needed Thumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:05pm

ClapLOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:13pm

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:27pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 49>
  Share Topic