You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 49>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie_os Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dublin Pubs
    Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 3:41pm
For those of us who unfortunatley cant go to the game, where are the top places in dublin to watch the match? me and the lads were thinking of heading to the living room on cathal brugha street.. nice big screens all over!
(San Marino) I think i'd settle for the draw.
bossofthemoss View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossofthemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 3:53pm

i like the living room, will occasionally go there before the home games but it's an eastern european pub, and with russia playing make sure to check the times of their games that they don't clash.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 4:18pm
Why cant you go to the game if you can watch it in a pub around the corner from the ground.  There are more tickets on sale. 
AKA pedantic kunt
richie_os View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie_os Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by NeilMcD NeilMcD wrote:

Why cant you go to the game if you can watch it in a pub around the corner from the ground.  There are more tickets on sale. 

Unfortunatley being 19 in a recession means money for match tickets is non existant. So sober night in the pub will have to do
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 4:45pm
The Players Lounge is a great spot with
a great atmosphere.
Out of order
richie_os View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie_os Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 4:48pm
what time should we be heading in at if we actually want to get in? im assuming the pubs will be packed from fairly early on in the day
GARY_BREEN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY_BREEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 5:42pm
I'd go Woolshed if i wasnt going! Was there for Cyprus away match, was jampacked and a Quality atmosphere!!!
#FinnanWithTheAssist
walsheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walsheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 5:47pm
back oasis fire,horse running tomorrow!!!will get ya money for a ticket!!!
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by walsheman walsheman wrote:

back oasis fire,horse running tomorrow!!!will get ya money for a ticket!!!

ashkazar in the last in cheltenham and garde champetre in the 3.00

Double=Match TicketClap
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:31pm
There's a pub I always pass on the bus on the way home near The Big Tree called the Auld Triangle. Hunger strikers memorial on the facade but apart from any anti/pro IRA replies, good spot for a pint? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:08am
Full of headers and bogeys. Wouldn't venture in there myself!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:29am
If you wouldn't venture in there, how do you know it's full of 'headers and bogeys'?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:34am
Been in loads of pubs that are deemed dodgy and full of 'bogeys'. Never had a problem and usually the scoops are top notch in sh*tholes
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:26am
Mate of mine is from Dorset street and I have ventured into the triangle with him a few times. Nothing to worry about Muff, it's a grand spot and the pints are great.Thumbs Up
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:51am
Auld Triangle is fine. Been there a couple of times. Sure they're well used to culchies and strangers with Croke Park around the corner.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:53am
The Auld Triangle is a fine pub. I drank in there a few times when I lived in that part of town. Nothing wrong with it, and a decent pint too.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:55am
The Findlater on Dorset street is a grand pub with a good crowd of regulars. Even met Hoskins in there one night. How he got past security i'll never know!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

There's a pub I always pass on the bus on the way home near The Big Tree called the Auld Triangle. Hunger strikers memorial on the facade but apart from any anti/pro IRA replies, good spot for a pint? 

Muff grow a set and venture in ,what's the worst that could happen?

Is there any really big kip/dodgy pubs in around the city centre ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 49>
  Share Topic