FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transfers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transfers
    Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 11:56am
Shels re sign Damien Brennan and Mark O' Brien Dead
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
Sponsored Links

DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

FAO Junkies conor sinnott any good?

was disappointed with him to be honest, considering, i think, he won the young player of the year in the 1st div last season. didnt play much but when he did he always tried to play the spectacular ball rather the simple option.
cup champions
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 2:19pm

cheers lads we need some grafters

Cant see anything on Connor Sinnott signing for you, were you hear that?
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 1:27pm
cheers lads we need some grafters
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 10:22am

FAO shoco mile synnott any good?

havn't seen enough of him though to say he's great but bits I have thought he did well
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 9:50am
yes, gives 100% shels fans will have seen him play more than me

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 9:46am
FAO shoco mile synnott any good?

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 8:43am
05 AUGUST 2010: DUNDALK SIGN KEARNS

Dundalk FC is delighted to announce the signing of Daniel Kearns who has agreed a deal to keep him at the club until the end of the current campaign, subject to International Clearance. The 18-year-old, capped at underage level for the Republic of Ireland, was released by English Premier League club West Ham United last May after a three-year spell and now returns to his native shores to take up an opportunity which he is “looking forward to”. The Belfast-born midfielder put pen to paper on a deal at Oriel Park on Thursday morning and the youngster expressed his delight at the move shortly after.

Looking forward
“I’m delighted to have signed here,” Kearns told dundalkfc.com. “I’m looking forward to getting some football and playing some matches at a competitive level, so I’m happy to be here. West Ham let quite a few of us go in the middle of May. They wouldn’t offer me a contract so I had to move on. One of the scouts that brought me over to West Ham gave me Ian Foster’s number. He said he was looking to have a chat with me and maybe come down here for a week or so and see what happens. I came down on Monday and I really enjoyed it, and he asked me would I like to come down until the end of the season and I said yes. It’s a decent setup here and it’s a good club, and, as I said, I just need to get back playing again, and I think it’s a good opportunity for me to do that.”

Foster delight

Manager Ian Foster also expressed his happiness at Kearns coming on board. “I’m delighted that I’ve been able to attract someone of Daniel’s potential,” Foster said. “I have spoken to Gianfranco Zola, who is on my Pro Licence course, about him, and he had plenty of good things to say about him. For us to capture someone like Daniel is fantastic. He’s in the same mould as Stephen McDonnell, coming back to this country where he wants to just make an impact and establish himself, and I’m delighted that we can offer him that platform.” Good reports have come from The Boleyn Ground about Kearns, who turns 19 in three weeks, but Foster says that the change of manager didn’t help his progress at the London club. “I think he was caught in between managers, really,” he said when asked why West Ham may have let him go. “When Zola left, before Avram Grant came in, I think the club had decided to release him.

‘Very talented’
“Hopefully, their loss is our gain,” the 33-year-old said. “I’m not particularly concerned about why he left West Ham, but what I am concerned about is that he’s our player, he’s got great potential and hopefully we can see that when he puts on a white shirt. He plays anywhere across the middle. He’s very talented and he’s got great feet, whether you use him left, right or through the centre. He has got exceptional ability. It’s not going to be easy for him because he’s like Dean Bennett and Matthew Tipton, they’ve come across from the UK and their body clocks are in pre-season at the moment, so he’s not going to be firing on all cylinders at the moment. But once we get him match fit hopefully we’ll see just how good a player he is. I’d expect him to be involved against UCD tomorrow night if clearance comes through, which we expect it to do today. He’ll be in the 16.”

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 8:12am
Dundalk FC has completed the signing of ex-Kidderminster Harriers midfielder Dean Bennett, subject to International Clearance. The 32-year-old has agreed a deal which will keep him at the club until the end of the current campaign

TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 5:14am
Originally posted by sledgehammer sledgehammer wrote:

Originally posted by ps bohs ps bohs wrote:

Neale Fenn retired with immediate effect ,back problems
Where is the source for this or is it another exclusive from psBohs
Gobsh*teConfused
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

boco has resigned for sligo, good player
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

Bobby Ryan and Thomas Heary have signed for Limerick
jaysus, galway must be really in the crap, our 15 fans there last week obviously didnt help

Don't care one bit. Heary is useless and was probably our highest paid player and Bobby as much as I like him and he had a great start to the year he seems to have lost interest. Both live in Dubland as well and don't make every training. Good business if it means we can bring in one decent player. There are a few on trial.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 11:21am
Tipot was very quiet last nite in the Showgrounds. That said Dundalk came for a draw and hardly had a shot on goal, so hard to judge him on that game.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 9:48am
boco has resigned for sligo, good player

Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

jaysus, galway must be really in the crap, our 15 fans there last week obviously didnt help

Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 12:24pm

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 11:06am
29 JULY 2010: DUNDALK ANNOUNCE DOUBLE SWOOP

Matthew Tipton has this afternoon signed a deal which will keep him at Oriel Park until the end of the current campaign, subject to International Clearance, while goalkeeper Paul Murphy has also been added to the ranks. The 30-year-old Welsh striker left Macclesfield Town at the end of last season and will now play outside of England for the first time with Dundalk, where he will wear the No10 jersey vacated by the retiring Neale Fenn. The former U21 Wales international played against Ian Foster during his time in the lower leagues, and Foster says that he will provide a “more physical presence” in attack.

Exciting move
“I’m delighted to be here and I’m very excited by the move,” Matthew told dundalkfc.com moments after signing. “It’s a big challenge for me, obviously coming over from England. I have come over here because I think the club can progress and they’re going to be challenging for honours – obviously they were in Europe over the last few weeks, and hopefully we can push on and get into Europe again next season. I’ve played against Wayne Hatswell over the last few years and earlier on in my career against Ian. They’re both good, honest guys who have ambition. It’s a new challenge for me and it’s something that I’ve looked at a couple of times before, and I feel this is going to be a good opportunity for me over here.

Showing ambition
“I had offers off teams in England that I didn’t think had any ambition,” he said. “I was at Bradford City at the beginning of this pre-season, at the beginning of July. They’re a club that were going places but I left because they didn’t offer me a deal. The other teams that were interested, I didn’t feel as if they wanted to achieve anything. They were just happy to plod along in League Two and just stay there. I felt by coming here that I’d be challenging for honours. Initially, it’s until the end of this season, I’ll probably just stay by myself, but looking longer term my wife and two children will probably move over if I stay here. I think I’d like to stay here long term, after speaking with Ian and Hats, and looking at the setup here, I think the club is built for going forward.

Good club
“It looks like a good club,” he continued. “Obviously, the playing surface will always be lovely! There’s not going to be any problem with games being called off here. After my first training session I think it’s a really good surface. They have some in England as well but the few of them that I’ve played on weren’t bedded in as well as this one. It’s more true to life; the artificial grass is a lot shorter so the ball runs a little bit truer. I spoke to the management and they said they wet it prior to games so the ball zips on it and I think it will be really good for a passing game, which is what I’m suited to. I think summer football will sort of suit my style of play. It’s something that I’m going to have to look at and get used to, but I’m going to give it everything I’ve got. Obviously, it’s going to be hard for me in the first couple of games to get up to the speed of it. The little bit of experience might help but we’ll have to take it each game as it comes. We need a result down in Sligo on Saturday, and if the manager calls me to start the game I’m sure I’ll be OK.”

Physical presence
Foster, meanwhile, expressed his happiness with the arrival of Tipton, who landed in Ireland on Wednesday evening before signing on Thursday afternoon. “I have played against Matthew an awful lot and I’ve seen him play for years now, so I know what he’s about,” Foster said. “We’re delighted to be able to get him on board. He will give us a more physical presence. He’s not your 6ft2 striker but he’s big enough and strong enough, and he gets hold of things and he brings other strikers into play. And importantly he nicks goals as well. He’s an excellent pro and I’m looking forward to working with him.”

Career path
Tipton began his career at Oldham Athletic, moving up through the youth ranks, eventually making his debut at just 17. During that period he also played a number of games for the Wales U21 side. In 2002, he moved to League Two side Macclesfield, where he enjoyed his most prolific spell. This was followed by a brief spell with Mansfield Town, before he moved back to the North-West of England with Bury, before he returned to Macclesfield. Tipton then dropped out of the Football League and joined Conference North outfit Hyde United. A season later he transferred to Droylsden, where he scored the only goal in a giant-killing win over league side Darlington. Twelve months ago he made a third comeback at Macclesfield, where he was an ever-present before being released at the season’s end.

Murphy added
Dundalk have also today signed goalkeeper Paul Murphy who returns to the club after a six-year absence. The 25-year-old played with Leeds United and Leicester City in England before returning to his hometown when Jim Gannon brought him to Oriel Park in August 2004. A short spell here was followed by time at Newry City, Portadown, Ballymena United, Newry again, Cliftonville, Lisburn Distillery and most recently Drogheda United where he spent the first half of this season. “I’m delighted to be back, it has been a long time,” Murphy told dundalkfc.com. “I nearly signed last summer but that fell through at the last minute, but, as I said, I’m very happy to be back here. It’s brilliant to be back with my hometown club. I know coming from Drogheda it’s a little bit of a step, but I’m delighted. Dundalk are flying at the moment so I’ve been looking forward to maybe getting the chance to come back over the last couple of years.

Proving worth

“I enjoyed my half a season at Drogheda,” he added. “I didn’t play as much as I would have liked to play. I played maybe 12 or 13 games. I felt I done OK in some games and maybe in others I didn’t do so well because I haven’t had much match practice since I finished in the north last year. It’s starting to come back now slowly but surely, and I’m looking forward to getting stuck into the training here and proving my worth and hopefully pushing Peter (Cherrie) for a place. I played with Peter all of last summer when I was here for around six or seven weeks and he is top quality, and you’d be doing well to dislodge him. It’s good competition and that’s what it’s all about. You need someone to push him and somebody to push me as well, even if it’s just in training, and I’ll be behind him all the way.” Commenting on his new netminder, Foster said: “It’s great to bring Paul to the club. It is important that we have two goalkeepers and it will add competition for places. Following Matt Gregg’s departure, I’m very happy to get a local lad in, and like Matthew Tipton, I look forward to working with him.”

Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:34am
Jesus, thats a massive loss for Dundalk if confirmed.
"Just put it up there..."
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 8:36am
Originally posted by sledgehammer sledgehammer wrote:

its been orielweb for a few days now, was in one of the rags too

sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 8:08am

Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
  Share Topic