The Harp Bar Paris

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:41am

No worries,if anyone is feeling thankful next month,you can buy me an ice cold pint of draught brewdog IPA,which unfortunately is not included in the deals i negotiated Big smile

you will get a pint of Campus and be glad of it Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 2:37pm
Pint of magners for a fiver? What a pleasant surprise. Great spot this is in with the other Irish pub and another bar right beside it. The adjacent Road in between won't have any traffic as it leads to the graveyard. Be a huge gathering of Irish fans here I'd say.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 3:01pm

Pint of magners for a fiver? What a pleasant surprise. Great spot this is in with the other Irish pub and another bar right beside it. The adjacent Road in between won't have any traffic as it leads to the graveyard. Be a huge gathering of Irish fans here I'd say.

Be like Kingsbury all over again except on a larger scale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 3:27pm
Sounds like this neck of the woods will be base camp so on the 13th June
valo88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 4:18pm

Be like Kingsbury all over again except on a larger scale.

That was great craic, everyone just started buying cans gathering on both sides of the street and nobody cared

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 4:21pm
Great prices for Paris

But Feck all chance of getting to the bar!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 4:27pm

Harp bar prices for the Euros!
PINTS
Magners  5 Euro
Guinness   6  Euro
Campus Belgian beer  4 Euro
Coreff French  beer     4  Euro
Jager Bombs (Deco)    4   Euro

The bar fits only 150 people normally and street drinking wont be a problem for the few days we are there,public toilets  in front of the pub also.

There will be no objection to showing up with a few cans in the street either.

Corocrans is close by and they have just opened a 2nd bar near the old one ,Cafe Oz,James Hetfield  etc ,the whole Montmarte area  is  full of boozers,Will try and vist as many as i can ,The Kremlin looks cool,a soviet era themed bar Thumbs Up, The only food they do is pies but there is fast food places all over Montmarte.

Good man Lily, good work. 

Great work...

I remember paying €10 a pint last time I was in Paris and said never again. 

Was there 2 years ago in an Irish pub,got a pint of beer in happy hour,6€!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 4:29pm
I want to get to the fanzone one of the days but I'd prefer to be here matchday. When do you think would be the best time to go to the eifil tower? The day before, before the match or after it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 4:33pm
Great work lilly. Clap

An absolute gentleman (for a Kildare sham) Cool 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:43am
The young chap who owns the bar only bought it 18 months ago,he is trying to compete with the bigger pub chains in the area,i tried a few places for deals,2 of which replied "why should we drop our prices,we will be full anway"  , he was the quickest to respond and was very helpful providing any info i needed,.
Navan_Bohs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navan_Bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:47am
Thanks for putting the effort into pricing around Salzburg Thumbs Up

As luck would have it, turns out our hotel is only 500m down the street from it.
UpYePupYe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:51am
Had a gawk on street view of the Harp bar there. There is a central island across from the bar that goes down towards Moulin Rouge which should take a few thousand supporters. No real square to same extent that Gdansk/Poznan had so if expected numbers arrive...it'll be busy!
Those public jacks( 1 toilet) across street from harp will burst with piss volume I reckon..haha

Edited by UpYePupYe - 13 May 2016 at 10:51am
A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do with a gun rack?
RayHoughton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:51am
montmartre is the Irish base camp for Sweden game. All the lads !

George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 11:35am
Originally posted by UpYePupYe UpYePupYe wrote:

Had a gawk on street view of the Harp bar there. There is a central island across from the bar that goes down towards Moulin Rouge which should take a few thousand supporters. No real square to same extent that Gdansk/Poznan had so if expected numbers arrive...it'll be busy!
Those public jacks( 1 toilet) across street from harp will burst with piss volume I reckon..haha

Plenty of bars in the area,the Harp are ordering in custom made Chicken rolls from the Hangar bar in Tbilisi Big smile
UpYePupYe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 12:21pm
Delightful! The puking and sh*ts should start just after the game if I time it right again!
A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do with a gun rack?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 12:34pm

The young chap who owns the bar only bought it 18 months ago,he is trying to compete with the bigger pub chains in the area,i tried a few places for deals,2 of which replied "why should we drop our prices,we will be full anway"  , he was the quickest to respond and was very helpful providing any info i needed,.

Can’t argue with the logic but what a wxxker . Can’t stand cxxts like that Angry

Colum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 12:40pm

Can’t argue with the logic but what a wxxker . Can’t stand cxxts like that Angry

Name and shame...won't be getting my custom. Fair play to lad in The Harp. Boss is going to Paris for weekend and have recommended to her

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 12:43pm
Bit of an overreaction I think. If a bar owner knows his bar will be full, why should he lower his prices? He's running a business. If you think a bar is too expensive, just move on to another bar.

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>