You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Harp Bar Paris

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:41am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

No worries,if anyone is feeling thankful next month,you can buy me an ice cold pint of draught brewdog IPA,which unfortunately is not included in the deals i negotiated Big smile

you will get a pint of Campus and be glad of it Thumbs Up

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 2:37pm
Pint of magners for a fiver? What a pleasant surprise. Great spot this is in with the other Irish pub and another bar right beside it. The adjacent Road in between won't have any traffic as it leads to the graveyard. Be a huge gathering of Irish fans here I'd say.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Pint of magners for a fiver? What a pleasant surprise. Great spot this is in with the other Irish pub and another bar right beside it. The adjacent Road in between won't have any traffic as it leads to the graveyard. Be a huge gathering of Irish fans here I'd say.

Be like Kingsbury all over again except on a larger scale.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 3:27pm
Sounds like this neck of the woods will be base camp so on the 13th June
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Be like Kingsbury all over again except on a larger scale.

That was great craic, everyone just started buying cans gathering on both sides of the street and nobody cared
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 4:21pm
Great prices for Paris

But Feck all chance of getting to the bar!!
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Harp bar prices for the Euros!
PINTS
Magners  5 Euro
Guinness   6  Euro
Campus Belgian beer  4 Euro
Coreff French  beer     4  Euro
Jager Bombs (Deco)    4   Euro

The bar fits only 150 people normally and street drinking wont be a problem for the few days we are there,public toilets  in front of the pub also.

There will be no objection to showing up with a few cans in the street either.

Corocrans is close by and they have just opened a 2nd bar near the old one ,Cafe Oz,James Hetfield  etc ,the whole Montmarte area  is  full of boozers,Will try and vist as many as i can ,The Kremlin looks cool,a soviet era themed bar Thumbs Up, The only food they do is pies but there is fast food places all over Montmarte.

Good man Lily, good work. 

Great work...

I remember paying €10 a pint last time I was in Paris and said never again. 

Was there 2 years ago in an Irish pub,got a pint of beer in happy hour,6€!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 4:29pm
I want to get to the fanzone one of the days but I'd prefer to be here matchday. When do you think would be the best time to go to the eifil tower? The day before, before the match or after it?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 4:33pm
Great work lilly. Clap

An absolute gentleman (for a Kildare sham) Cool 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:43am
The young chap who owns the bar only bought it 18 months ago,he is trying to compete with the bigger pub chains in the area,i tried a few places for deals,2 of which replied "why should we drop our prices,we will be full anway"  , he was the quickest to respond and was very helpful providing any info i needed,.
Navan_Bohs View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navan_Bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:47am
Thanks for putting the effort into pricing around Salzburg Thumbs Up

As luck would have it, turns out our hotel is only 500m down the street from it.
UpYePupYe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:51am
Had a gawk on street view of the Harp bar there. There is a central island across from the bar that goes down towards Moulin Rouge which should take a few thousand supporters. No real square to same extent that Gdansk/Poznan had so if expected numbers arrive...it'll be busy!
Those public jacks( 1 toilet) across street from harp will burst with piss volume I reckon..haha

Edited by UpYePupYe - 13 May 2016 at 10:51am
A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do with a gun rack?
RayHoughton View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:51am
montmartre is the Irish base camp for Sweden game. All the lads !

George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 11:35am
Originally posted by UpYePupYe UpYePupYe wrote:

Had a gawk on street view of the Harp bar there. There is a central island across from the bar that goes down towards Moulin Rouge which should take a few thousand supporters. No real square to same extent that Gdansk/Poznan had so if expected numbers arrive...it'll be busy!
Those public jacks( 1 toilet) across street from harp will burst with piss volume I reckon..haha

Plenty of bars in the area,the Harp are ordering in custom made Chicken rolls from the Hangar bar in Tbilisi Big smile
UpYePupYe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 12:21pm
Delightful! The puking and sh*ts should start just after the game if I time it right again!
A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do with a gun rack?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 12:34pm

The young chap who owns the bar only bought it 18 months ago,he is trying to compete with the bigger pub chains in the area,i tried a few places for deals,2 of which replied "why should we drop our prices,we will be full anway"  , he was the quickest to respond and was very helpful providing any info i needed,.

Can’t argue with the logic but what a wxxker . Can’t stand cxxts like that Angry

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Can’t argue with the logic but what a wxxker . Can’t stand cxxts like that Angry

Name and shame...won't be getting my custom. Fair play to lad in The Harp. Boss is going to Paris for weekend and have recommended to her
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 12:43pm
Bit of an overreaction I think. If a bar owner knows his bar will be full, why should he lower his prices? He's running a business. If you think a bar is too expensive, just move on to another bar.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic