You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boozers closing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 22>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Try a boozer were the food is franchised. Bar staff less likely to give a fook as the cash isn’t going to them. Heard of a few spots this works

Can’t think of many locals having a franchised grub provider in the place. 

I’d imagine some are doing wink wink nudge nudge goujons and chips for €9 receipt and here’s your two pints.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 3:26pm
Heard of a couple of places in town giving you a food receipt with your first pints alright
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 4:27pm
It’s evident that Failte Ireland got it very wrong on the reopening guidelines if they wanted a safe reopening. They clearly don’t understand Irish social culture and the pub industry. They should stick to tourism as this is more feasible to enact on tourists whom mosey around town and drop in and out of shops, tourist attractions and a restaurant/pub 2 or 3 times a day.

The 105 minutes was never going to work, was never feasible and frankly it is obvious some gobsh*te came up with it as a health conscious measure ignoring that it encourages binge drinking, pub crawls leading to potentially multiple clusters, bar staff having to deal with more customers increasing risk of infection.  

Instead of sending punters in for a time limit of 105 minutes that was going to cause friction between owners, staff and punters - especially regulars/locals - the onus should be on sanitation and promoting personal hygiene when entering the premises, social distancing amongst staff and regular wipe downs of tables. Instead we have a situation where lads aren’t even sat at their table and they have ordered pints and the game is to drink as much as possible in as little time as possible. Sanitation and personal hygiene is secondary.

The Vintners won’t come out of this well either. Pubs now easy targets as they are seen as ‘flouting’ the ridiculous rules and it’s hard to see them not having to close again at some stage.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Try a boozer were the food is franchised. Bar staff less likely to give a fook as the cash isn’t going to them. Heard of a few spots this works

Can’t think of many locals having a franchised grub provider in the place. 

I’d imagine some are doing wink wink nudge nudge goujons and chips for €9 receipt and here’s your two pints.
Most be more a south side thing. Loads out here
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

It’s evident that Failte Ireland got it very wrong on the reopening guidelines if they wanted a safe reopening. They clearly don’t understand Irish social culture and the pub industry. They should stick to tourism as this is more feasible to enact on tourists whom mosey around town and drop in and out of shops, tourist attractions and a restaurant/pub 2 or 3 times a day.

The 105 minutes was never going to work, was never feasible and frankly it is obvious some gobsh*te came up with it as a health conscious measure ignoring that it encourages binge drinking, pub crawls leading to potentially multiple clusters, bar staff having to deal with more customers increasing risk of infection.  

Instead of sending punters in for a time limit of 105 minutes that was going to cause friction between owners, staff and punters - especially regulars/locals - the onus should be on sanitation and promoting personal hygiene when entering the premises, social distancing amongst staff and regular wipe downs of tables. Instead we have a situation where lads aren’t even sat at their table and they have ordered pints and the game is to drink as much as possible in as little time as possible. Sanitation and personal hygiene is secondary.

The Vintners won’t come out of this well either. Pubs now easy targets as they are seen as ‘flouting’ the ridiculous rules and it’s hard to see them not having to close again at some stage.

Two things are gonna happen...people won’t like/get bored of the current formate of going to the pub or the buzz of the pubs opening will fade after 2/3 weeks...either way the pubs are screwed if they don’t open longer for people to get drunk so they think they’ve enjoyed themselves or got some value for there money.

Edited by JUICEBOMB - 04 Jul 2020 at 11:15pm
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:00am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Two things are gonna happen...people won’t like/get bored of the current formate of going to the pub or the buzz of the pubs opening will fade after 2/3 weeks...either way the pubs are screwed if they don’t open longer for people to get drunk so they think they’ve enjoyed themselves or got some value for there money.

The city centre pubs in Dublin anyway will be crippled by the remote working and I think they know that they need to make hay.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:07pm
Having a pint in some Portarlington boozer. Everyone drinking pints and no food at all. They've menus at the bar. 

One of the locals asked what food they were doing and the barmaid goes ham and cheese sandwiches as soon as the owner goes to the supermarket. 

That €9 substantial meal was never going to work especially in boozers down the country. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:19pm
Four pubs in Dunboyne and none of them open. two of them do food but they haven't re-opened yet either.

One of them, Slevin's, is being sold to the crowd who own the Paddocks in Littlepace apparently.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Four pubs in Dunboyne and none of them open. two of them do food but they haven't re-opened yet either.

One of them, Slevin's, is being sold to the crowd who own the Paddocks in Littlepace apparently.

Brady's is a cracking boozer. Brady's doesn't do food no? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:47pm

They're ****s. Used to drink in there all the time. Charging deposits now for tables and rip off merchants in their OL.

O’Dwyers or the Fingal if I venture to Meath. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Brady's is a cracking boozer. Brady's doesn't do food no? 

Has never done food from what I can remember. The closest I've got to food in there is a few cocktail sausages and chips watching the AI final. 

They're just not bothered with the hassle that comes with it. They own it outright too so wouldn't be worried about making money from food and are happy enough to just concentrate on the drink instead. 

Does a great pint of Guinness though Clap

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

They're ****s. Used to drink in there all the time. Charging deposits now for tables and rip off merchants in their OL.

O’Dwyers or the Fingal if I venture to Meath. 

Do you mean Slevin's or the Paddocks are c*nts? Have only been in the Paddocks a few times, always too busy, seats reserved everywhere, and full of scrotes any time I was there. Not a place you can just call in on a Friday or Saturday night and enjoy a pint.

Kelly's (Fingal House, or the Zoo as it's known locally) does the best pint in the village, followed closely by Brady's. A real locals pub though, full of weird characters. Never a woman in sight either LOL

Dwyer's isn't great but chances of a lock-in are always high.

Will most likely be drinking in the Grasshopper until our pubs open.

Edited by The Huntacha - 05 Jul 2020 at 3:36pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 7:15am
Paddocks owners I meant. Horrible ****s. They own a few places. RHK bars i think they call themselves . 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:36am
local back open. he bought a mobile chipper during lockdown and serving grub out of that in car park.  went in yesterday at 3pm and was home by 10ish. didn't bother with grub. will never drink a can of Guinness for the rest of my life! 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

local back open. he bought a mobile chipper during lockdown and serving grub out of that in car park.  went in yesterday at 3pm and was home by 10ish. didn't bother with grub. will never drink a can of Guinness for the rest of my life! 

It really is amazing what we can get done in 105 minutes when we put our minds to it, I got 2 matches in with pints yesterday. Hopefully our bosses don't figure out about our new found productivity genius. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:42am
LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:28am

Paddocks owners I meant. Horrible ****s. They own a few places. RHK bars i think they call themselves . 

Quality website though

RHK Bars was established in 2XXX. Our group runs 3 award winning pubs and employ over XX staff. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 12:15pm

Hard to disagree. They let some amount of c*nts in to the place. And charging a deposit for a table is sh*tbaggery of the highest order.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 22>
  Share Topic