You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crisps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Had a few bags of Banshee Bones last week.  I forgot they were salt and vinegar flavour.  Had always thought they were bacon flavour but was mixing them up with Ghosties.

Dunno why i thought they were pickled onion flavour 
They were space invaders I think
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

The packs of Bansee Bones are selling well and thankfully picked up 2 the other day from the local Ald. Still taste very nice 

Wish Tayto would bring out some more of the old perri products like Pub crisps, Mummies(not sure were these perri)

The Perri C&O catering crisps are unreal 

The Manhattan Black Packs are very close to Pub Crisps
If Tayto are to bring anything else back it has to be Cruchos
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:05pm
 Loved Discos salt and vinegar. Mouth would be as dry as f*ck after it. But worth it. 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:34pm
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 5:09pm
Clap
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

The packs of Bansee Bones are selling well and thankfully picked up 2 the other day from the local Ald. Still taste very nice 

Wish Tayto would bring out some more of the old perri products like Pub crisps, Mummies(not sure were these perri)

The Perri C&O catering crisps are unreal 

The Manhattan Black Packs are very close to Pub Crisps
If Tayto are to bring anything else back it has to be Cruchos

very hard to get the Manchattan crisps outside of Dublin for some reason. They sell the popcorn and nuts nationwide but not the crisps 

Discos are unreal and i even remember them having Pickled onion flavoured ones for a while 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Had a few bags of Banshee Bones last week.  I forgot they were salt and vinegar flavour.  Had always thought they were bacon flavour but was mixing them up with Ghosties.

Dunno why i thought they were pickled onion flavour 
They were space invaders I think

Tried the beef flavor space invaders for the first time last month after coming across a multi-pack in a centra. Very tasty
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:31pm
Got some packets of Burger Bites.  A fine snack of choice for the sophisticated socialite such as myself.  Don't think Tayto always made them.  Perri no?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:35pm

Got some packets of Burger Bites.  A fine snack of choice for the sophisticated socialite such as myself.  Don't think Tayto always made them.  Perri no?

Can you still get them? They were lovely! 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:39pm
For sophisticated socialites,eh? I'll alert Ghislaine Maxwell.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:45pm

Tayto seem to have bought out Perri. Saw a few other old skool crisps with tayto on them. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Can you still get them? They were lovely! 

Tayto seem to be making them now.  Got a 6 pack in Dunnes.  Don't think they sell them as a single packet. I suspect that is to maintain the high level of exclusivity they hold in the mind of the public.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:46pm
Weren't 'Burger Bites' made by Sam Spudz? Did Perri own them? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Weren't 'Burger Bites' made by Sam Spudz? Did Perri own them? 

Yeah think you are right. It was Sam Spudz. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:50pm
I remember as a kid int he late 80s when we went to England I remember the crisps being absolutely crap in comparison to Irish crisps.  There was McCoys and Quavers.  Remember thinking they were all horrible.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:56pm
And Tayto make them now? Are they the same? 

McCoy's do a prawn flavour one that are in the top tier of crisps. The salt and vinegar ones are a fine effort too.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:56pm
Weren't plain crisps a thing in pubs in England or am I imagining that? Literally meant to have no flavour whatsoever. I'd say they were rank. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Weren't plain crisps a thing in pubs in England or am I imagining that? Literally meant to have no flavour whatsoever. I'd say they were rank. 
Yeah, I only remember 'plain' crisps coming in to Ireland with Walker's. They are acceptable in a crisp sandwich and that's all. People love them here though and old lads still talk about the ones where you put the salt in yourself. What a thrill!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
  Share Topic