You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crisps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 20>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:22am
Would slaughter a bag of banshee bones or mini chips now.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:37am
Anyone remember Curry chips crisps. They were out in the mid 90’s, 10 or 20P a pack. Quality crisps.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:44am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

https://netcrisps.com/

Standard fare on that page. Only ones I wouldn’t see around are Tayto Wuster Sauce. I guess that is from the Nordie Tayto place 

Correct. The very oddly spelled Wuster Sauce are northern Tayto. And they are absolutely lovely. Local here sells them. A fine accompaniment to a nice pint of Stout.  

Must look out for them and give them a bash
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:52am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Would slaughter a bag of banshee bones or mini chips now.

Banshee bones were lovely alright. Wonder why they stopped producing them I’m sure they were still a hit. 

I think Tayto/Largo own all the Old brands like Perri, King, KP, etc.
So they should have the possibility to easily bring stuff back.
They should start a promotional campaign to vote for the return of your favourite crisp Big smile
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 12:02pm
I treated myself during lockdown and got a box of 24 Salt and Vinegar Keogh's from Amazon.
Obviously, I'm now complaining about being fat as f**k after lockdown but there you go!

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Anyone remember Curry chips crisps. They were out in the mid 90’s, 10 or 20P a pack. Quality crisps.

Clap

Cruncho's which were hot dog flavoured. Think they were about 12p

When you think about you could get a load of things out of a pound in the shops back then

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Jul 2020 at 12:33pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 12:16pm
Was just going to say Crucho's. They were amazing
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:49pm
Scrolling Facebook there and Rory stories posted a pic of a packet of banshee bones saying they are coming as a limited edition this Halloween Nuke
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:03am

Scrolling Facebook there and Rory stories posted a pic of a packet of banshee bones saying they are coming as a limited edition this Halloween Nuke

Indeed.  What's the point of just for Halloween?  Might as well give with one hand and take with the other.

Stuff that needs to come back

Fat Frogs
Loop the Loops (the proper ones)
Wibbly Wobbly Wonders (the 90s ones)
Cadet Cola
Frosties (not sure if still made)

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Indeed.  What's the point of just for Halloween?  Might as well give with one hand and take with the other.

Stuff that needs to come back

Fat Frogs
Loop the Loops (the proper ones)
Wibbly Wobbly Wonders (the 90s ones)
Cadet Cola
Frosties (not sure if still made)

I could make an A4 page list of the things I'd like to see back. Annoying thing is it's not like the companies that made them have gone out of business, they just streamlined the product range based off some financial analysis of the optimum number of products to produce in the certain category no doubt. If I was in management or marketijg for tayto or whatever id be running polling campaigns, what flavour to bring back for a limited time, do it once per quarter.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 1:38pm
Just having a bag of bbq beef hula hoops for the first time in ages. You know when they just tip the tongue and your mouth orgasms Heart
AS YOU WERE McGx

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 1:53pm

Just having a bag of bbq beef hula hoops for the first time in ages. You know when they just tip the tongue and your mouth orgasms Heart
My buddy that lives in Spain always makes me bring over sh*tloads of these when I’m going over. I think that’s what he misses most about Ireland.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 04 Oct 2020 at 1:53pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 2:07pm

My local shop does the big bag for 1e😍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 2:16pm
The king of all crisps, corn snacks and anything else you care to mention. Truly wonderful things, but incredibly addictive. I try to save them for hangovers these days.

Is there a way of getting the smell off the paws though? Even in these days of washing them even more and applying hand sanitiser multiple times a day there is still a slight whiff of it for ages.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 2:20pm
The Jason Lee Mallrats trick.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 2:31pm
The packs of Bansee Bones are selling well and thankfully picked up 2 the other day from the local Ald. Still taste very nice 

Wish Tayto would bring out some more of the old perri products like Pub crisps, Mummies(not sure were these perri)

The Perri C&O catering crisps are unreal 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 2:36pm
Had a few bags of Banshee Bones last week.  I forgot they were salt and vinegar flavour.  Had always thought they were bacon flavour but was mixing them up with Ghosties.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Had a few bags of Banshee Bones last week.  I forgot they were salt and vinegar flavour.  Had always thought they were bacon flavour but was mixing them up with Ghosties.

Dunno why i thought they were pickled onion flavour 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 20>
  Share Topic