You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crisps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Also very much so into the following:

Blue Doritos, stick cheese on them and put them under the grill for a few minutes. Take them out just while the crisps are beginning to brown. Absolutely lovely. Nearest thing I can get to the Cinema

one addition, scatter some chunky salsa between the nachos and the cheese and as you said under the grill for a few mins., cold beer and yer set
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:22pm
would horse down a pack of banshee bones now
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:11pm
Stumbled across Mixups today by Walkers. In crisp heaven. Bag contains Doritos, monster munch, French fries and wotsits all together at last. Amazing.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Stumbled across Mixups today by Walkers. In crisp heaven. Bag contains Doritos, monster munch, French fries and wotsits all together at last. Amazing.

Your Irish passport should be rescinded you potato and corn snack traitor
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 9:15pm

What shop would one find these in McG they sound like a great bag

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

The greatest shop on Earth Sono, Dealz!
Just so we are clear here, these are not individual bags of above crisps. This is one bag containing all of the above...!
AS YOU WERE McGx

dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 12:51am

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

The greatest shop on Earth Sono, Dealz!
Just so we are clear here, these are not individual bags of above crisps. This is one bag containing all of the above...!

They're all cheese flavoured though, thats fine for the Doritos and Wotsits but not for the Monster Munch and French Fries. Great idea though.
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 8:29am

that sounds Dead
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 9:18pm
Anyone able to answer how you end up with what I call a 'nice batch' or 'bad batch' bag of crisps?
Meaning you can get a bag of king cheese and onion in a multi pack, for example, and its lovely and flavourful, as is the rest of the multi pack.
Then you get a multi pack the next week and the same brand taste more plain in the whole multi pack. 

Assuming its something to do with them perhaps not being consistent with the production process but then I ask, why aren't they?
For example, generally a chocolate bar like Mars taste the same everytime.. ..

Edited by t_rAndy - 13 May 2020 at 9:21pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:07pm

Anyone able to answer how you end up with what I call a 'nice batch' or 'bad batch' bag of crisps?
Meaning you can get a bag of king cheese and onion in a multi pack, for example, and its lovely and flavourful, as is the rest of the multi pack.
Then you get a multi pack the next week and the same brand taste more plain in the whole multi pack. 

Assuming its something to do with them perhaps not being consistent with the production process but then I ask, why aren't they?

I have a theory on this. The sh*te goes in the multipacks - typically 25g bags
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

No I do agree the multi packs are not as flavourful in general I do imagine i its probably something similar to minced meat in that all the leftovers are thrown together and packed.
But the good batch of crisps vs. bad batch even holds true when you buy a singular pack from the shop, some are better batches than the other. They can be inconsistent, tayto's products in particular.  

P.S. nothing worse than when you get a bad batch Angry
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Agree, and in the golden days the Tayto Pub Crisps in the distinctive brown, yellow and gold coloured bag were the tops of the pops..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:47pm
Jaysus the pub crisps. That's a blast from the past. Only got in pubs too so made our trips there even more special. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:57pm
Manhattan pub crispsClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Manhattan pub crispsClap

They actually sell a large bag of those in most centras.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:04pm
The O’Donnell’s cheese and onion are lovely, especially on a sandwich. Surprisingly as they are gluten free and normally gluten free stuff tends to be not as nice
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:09pm
Keoghs red pepper and sweet chilli. My god... A taste sensation 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:15pm
Ive noticed the same be it multi packs or off the shelf. Bitter disappointment when I’ve scoffed one bag and enjoyed it so much that I get a second bag only to be majorly let down.

As an aside, Multipack bags are 25g and off the shelf bags are 35g. ALDi currently have a 45g bag for sale as part of what appears to be a thrown together multipack, as the packs are just in a clear plastic packaging. Anyhow, my point on this is directed in particular to crisp sambo fans. You’d get a well filled sambo and a decent amount leftover with the 45g bag.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
  Share Topic