You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crisps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crisps
    Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 1:03am
Just realised after nearly 38 years that I actually really like Scampi fries from smiths. 
For years now I have often bought that 3 bacon fries, 3 scampi fries multipack and basically dumped or gave away the scampi fries but they are actually pretty nice.

One of the nicest crisps out there are also Bacon Rashers from Lidl. Might have mentioned before but for 69 cent for a share sized pack there is some serious flavour off them
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 5:39pm
Keoghs are a serious crisp! 

Sold loads of the in the pub in Salzburg and some of the varieties were superb - The flame grilled Irish steak is world class.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Received a box Cool of Keoghs BBQ Whiskey flavour for my recent closer to death day. First few were strange tasting, but once the gob accepted the flavour, they’re really nice. Strong flavour but salty. Defo a pint of milk or stout required with them.

Big fan of Keoghs and O'Donnells, loads of flavoring on every crisp and as you said they go great with a pint.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:23am
Received a box Cool of Keoghs BBQ Whiskey flavour for my recent closer to death day. First few were strange tasting, but once the gob accepted the flavour, they’re really nice. Strong flavour but salty. Defo a pint of milk or stout required with them.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 12:51am
Big fan of the ‘Giants’ range from Walkers.

The Wotsits Really Cheesy Giants are nice as are the Monstor Munch. Highly recommend. Look out for them in the likes of Dealz
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 1:03am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Picked up Banshee Bones. Clap
Nowhere near as good as they used to be. Lacking SnV,and have doubled in size. Not having the remake

Yeah the banshee bones are ok but do feel like I liked them better back in the day and don't have urge to gobble them up

I'd love if Tayto/tayto parent company did something similar and brought back other crisp flavours, even for a season.
 Very annoying they bought the market and then streamlined the product line, depriving us of many great crisps. I'd vote for original tayto monster munch or Perri French Fries (purple crisps bag with eiffel tower and text "oh la la" on pack)

If I was to vote, 

Edited by t_rAndy - 22 Oct 2021 at 1:06am
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 11:31pm
Ballymaloe are 5 for a fiver in Tesco at the moment.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I was working with a guy who brought in O'Donnells crisps- Ballimaloe Radish and cheese. I thought he was a snob and he insisted I try one. Unreal. Went straight to the shop to get a bag.

Radish be fairly rotten but yeah they’ve been mentioned here a few times and they are incredible ❤️
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 10:21pm
I was working with a guy who brought in O'Donnells crisps- Ballimaloe Radish and cheese. I thought he was a snob and he insisted I try one. Unreal. Went straight to the shop to get a bag.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Nowhere near as good as they used to be. Lacking SnV,and have doubled in size. Not having the remake

Spot on 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

A holiday on the continent isn’t a holiday without a Lay..
Fixed that..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 7:44pm

Seen these in Galway last week, treated myself to a bag! As good as I remember Clap
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 6:47pm

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 6:25pm
A holiday on the continent isn’t a holiday without a Lays crisp
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 6:00pm
Tried Lays KFC flavour in Belgium during the summer, very nice. Had Lays Pizza Hut margarita as well, wasn’t as good.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 5:58pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 3:14pm
TGI Friday Potato Skins Cheddar & Jalapeno.

Quite nice texture and flavour. Filling, too, which they ought to be considering the price.

Looking forward to trying other flavours.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 5:45pm
mega bag of Meanies is exceptional Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic