You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paris Metro iPhone/iPod Touch App

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paris Metro iPhone/iPod Touch App
    Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 12:00pm
Downloaded it last night, looks pretty handy; you can search for stations and it locates them for you and you can look at individual lines. Also has the key landmarks on the map in case you want to be a bit toursity...

...slight downside is that its in French, but its not hard to work out!
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 12:05pm
Totti should know all you need to know about this
And you can use his i Phone when you are away too
totti View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 12:38pm
Had a look at the store for this, and there seems to be a few, would come in handy for locating yer nearest station when tipsy, and where to get off.
But they all seem to connect over 3g to get gps locations, which would mean data charges.
And i know that sad story, watching the 20 second amir khan fight on me iphone over 3g, and costing me only 120 euro for the 20 second clip
Plastic Bari View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic Bari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 2:32pm

Only problem with the I touch is you have to be connected to the wireless !! Anyone any idea is there mmuch free wi-fi around Paris Confused

Twitter @VonBarracuda
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Plastic Bari Plastic Bari wrote:

Only problem with the I touch is you have to be connected to the wireless !! Anyone any idea is there mmuch free wi-fi around Paris Confused

Aye I have an iPod Touch, but you can still use the app to search for stations when you know there names, and for looking around the map in general, better than nothing...
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Plastic Bari Plastic Bari wrote:

In our Hotel there is Thumbs%20Up

Not much use for going on the metro though Ouch

Edited by McGoldrick - 22 Oct 2009 at 2:34pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Plastic Bari View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic Bari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 2:45pm

We could use the hotel Wi-fi to search for everything around Paris!!!Thumbs%20Up

Twitter @VonBarracuda
nero View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 2:54pm
Anyone got the app for the Nokia 5800
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 3:47pm
I just hope the networks do not go down the way they did on our last visit to Paris!!
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 3:51pm
Jazus lads....half the fun is getting lost and discovering a city the hard way. Or what happened actually stopping someone in the street and asking for directions??
nero View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Jazus lads....half the fun is getting lost and discovering a city the hard way. Or what happened actually stopping someone in the street and asking for directions??

The world is gone made BB LOL
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Agree with yer there Billy, Gidday mate Big%20smile
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 4:07pm
This is Going to be GreatThumbs%20Up
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic