You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Great Ronaldo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:11am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

LD did you watch the programme on Sky sports over the weekend  "Ronaldo - Tested to the Limit". Great watch and insight into the great man

Thought it was complete bollix myself

Kicking balls at 80mph through glass and keeping the ball away from some lads trying to focus a couple of lazers on it

Cant stand the lad presenting it either complete lick arse- andy anson i think his name is

Did that street striker sh*te with rooney aswel spent most his time brown nosing rooney too
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

He will make his 500th appearance in professional football tonight Clap

243 goals Shocked

The man's a God ClapClapClapClap
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:41am

He will make his 500th appearance in professional football tonight Clap

243 goals Shocked

Clap Ridiculous record Clap
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:46am
'The Great Ronaldo'? But sure he retired!

This chap is 'CR7' as he and his marketing team wishes him to be known. 'Great Ronaldo' my arse.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

This chap is 'CR7' as he and his marketing team wishes him to be known. 'Great Ronaldo' my arse.

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 12:50pm

The fat ronaldo hasn't a patch on CR7.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 12:51pm
CR7 has less fat than a Super Model.

Edited by tribalarmy - 14 Sep 2011 at 12:51pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Both Ronaldo's were/are amazing Clap

Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 1:06pm

The problem is quite a few people have a problem admitting to this
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Just checked and its on Sky anytime but only the HD channels Thumbs Down
on sky sports 4 now
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 3:48am

The problem is quite a few people have a problem admitting to this

Says the man who just claimed one of the greatest strikers in the history of the game - if not the greatest - doesn't have a patch on CR7. Confused

I have no problem admiting to disliking CR7 for a number of obvious enough reasons, but I can still accept he is an outstanding player. I would argue however that he should not be considered amongst the all time greats - i.e Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo, Messi etc.

Edited by Devrozex - 15 Sep 2011 at 3:49am
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:58am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by OldBawnHoop OldBawnHoop wrote:

Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

52 goals in 54 games for Madrid He has no equal when it comes to goalscoring Fookin awesome he is

Messi's record is as impressive! If not better. 68 in 70 or something like that

101 goals in 154 games for barca

Not detracting from Ronaldo's record, but Messi broke into the team at a very young age.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 3:25pm

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/09/15/uk-soccer-champions-real-ronaldo-idUKTRE78E1TP20110915

People envy my cash and looks - Ronaldo

(Reuters) - Opposing fans give Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo a hostile reception because he is "rich, handsome and a great player," the Portuguese said after Wednesday's 1-0 Champions League win at Dinamo Zagreb.

Ronaldo, the world's most expensive signing, was roundly booed and whistled during the Group D opener in Croatia and was also the target of some robust challenges, one of which drew blood on his right ankle and required several stitches.

The 26-year-old was unhappy with referee Svein Oddvar Moen and said top players were not getting enough protection.

"We are very happy with three points we took, but I'm not so satisfied with the refereeing," he told reporters.

"I hope we never have this referee again. People talk of fair-play, of protecting good players, but I never get any of that. I don't understand a thing.

"I'm sad because I hear referees saying they will protect skilful players, but while some are untouchable it seems I can be mauled."

Ronaldo was asked about the behaviour of the Dinamo fans, who gave him the kind of unfriendly reception he endures week in week out in La Liga and chanted the name of his Barcelona rival and World Player of the Year Lionel Messi.

"I think that because I am rich, handsome and a great player people are envious of me," he said. "I don't have any other explanation."

Argentine winger Angel Di Maria scored for Jose Mourinho's side in the 53rd minute as Real began their quest for a 10th title in Europe's elite club competition.

(Reporting by Iain Rogers, editing by Alastair Himmer)

So true Clap

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 3:41pm
have to love his honesty Clap

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Kerrybai View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrybai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 3:53pm
Since 2009 messi has 106 goals in 114 games. 
                  Ronaldo has 91 in 94 games.

Both unreal records and it looks like there both going to have 40 or 50 plus goals again this season.
"We came from the sea originally, now we're going back in it. Don't go in it, unless you're in a boat." - Karl Pilkington
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 4:11pm

(Brazilian) Ronaldo was one of the greatest forwards of all time , he also won 2 World Cups , countless honours at club level & not to mention he played in a time where the standard of player was alot better than that of today when he was in his prime!!! The calibre of player 10/15 years ago is astonishing compared to now considering you had the likes of  Zidane , Keane , Figo , Maldini , Stam , Van Der Sar , Schmeichel , Desailly , Bergkamp , Rivaldo , Scholes , Romario , Hagi , Hierro , Batistuta , Suker , Cafu ,  Thuram , Cannavaro , Davids etc etc along with the likes of Nesta , Giggs ,  Henry , Carlos etc etc all in their prime can be classed as World Class!!

Who is truely in those players class bar the likes of Messi , Ronaldo , Xaxi , Iniesta & Rooney nowadays????

Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player but he has abit to go before he gets to Ronaldo luis nazario de lima level imo Wink

Edited by Green Devil - 15 Sep 2011 at 4:12pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

(Brazilian) Ronaldo was one of the greatest forwards of all time , he also won 2 World Cups , countless honours at club level & not to mention he played in a time where the standard of player was alot better than that of today when he was in his prime!!! The calibre of player 10/15 years ago is astonishing compared to now considering you had the likes of  Zidane , Keane , Figo , Maldini , Stam , Van Der Sar , Schmeichel , Desailly , Bergkamp , Rivaldo , Scholes , Romario , Hagi , Hierro , Batistuta , Suker , Cafu ,  Thuram , Cannavaro , Davids etc etc along with the likes of Nesta , Giggs ,  Henry , Carlos etc etc all in their prime can be classed as World Class!!

Who is truely in those players class bar the likes of Messi , Ronaldo , Xaxi , Iniesta & Rooney nowadays????

Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player but he has abit to go before he gets to Ronaldo luis nazario de lima level imo Wink

Confused Yes thats easy to say 10/15 years later. In 10/15 years time another person will be saying the exact same thing about the current crop of players and that the players of the day are not like they were back in the day. Im fooking sick of football fans being slaves to the past. Footballers now a days are stronger, fitter, faster, smarter and more talented than they were 10/15 years ago. In 10/15 years time players will be stronger, fitter, faster, smarter and more talented than they are now. Football must be the only sport around that does not believe in evolution.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 4:53pm
come on now Evolution??

Evolution is incremental over thousands of years - this is just good practice in the short term
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic