Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minute's Silence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minute's Silence
    Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 8:02am
Dunno if anyone else noticed...........

At least our RTE pundits stood up for the minute's silence, they stayed in their seats in the Sky Studio. Thumbs%20Down
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 8:05am
i thought it was a very short minute

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Mafi Mushkila View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 8:07am
It was a short minute indeed but some clowns started to shout during it so don't think the ref had much choice Angry
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I thought the same shoco........just wished the ref used the same watch for the last 3 minutes!!Cry
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
ollie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I thought the same shoco........just wished the ref used the same watch for the last 3 minutes!!Cry

How very trueAngry
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 10:29am
Angryfew ppl were shouting not long into it. Gaabsh*tes
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Tash Kent View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tash Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 10:33am

Think the Italian fans started to applaud and that’s why the ref had to stop it early was well enough observed apart from the odd clown shouting not much of that in truth I think.

Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Tash Kent Tash Kent wrote:

Think the Italian fans started to applaud and that’s why the ref had to stop it early was well enough observed apart from the odd clown shouting not much of that in truth I think.

Agreed. In all it was pretty well observed ClapClap
First Commander-Galway Regatta
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 10:46am
From where I was there were more than a few clowns. No f**king respect. it's disgusting... Might have been a 'moment' silence as opposed to a minute.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 11:05am
Tash is right, the Italians actually started clapping after about 20 seconds and the ref panicked and blew........LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 11:08am
Thumbs%20Downi noticed a good bit of heckling
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 5:08pm
An Italian fan shouted out "thank you Ireland" after about 20 seconds and that was greeted with applause and about 3 seconds later the ref blew it up..
Theres only one sport that matters..
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Tash is right, the Italians actually started clapping after about 20 seconds and the ref panicked and blew........LOL

yea, was close to the itlaian fans and they started to sing after a while.

thought the minutes silence was very well observed.

also love the way soccer fans sing the national anthem right to the end and then cheer.gaa and rugby dont do the last line.
cup champions
darmurt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:34pm

thought it was very short alright ..from where i was ...it seemed a lot of noise coming from the stalls, people out buying burger and cups of tea..suppose they didnt know about the minuts silence 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:44pm
Yeah the odd fool but well observed and it was cut short after the Italians applauded  us.  I must say I love Italian culture I love their passion for food and football and sex. All three close to my heart.  Unfortunately food is the only one I am good at 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by darmurt darmurt wrote:

thought it was very short alright ..from where i was ...it seemed a lot of noise coming from the stalls, people out buying burger and cups of tea..suppose they didnt know about the minuts silence 

Are you talking about Sligo Hornets genitalia again. 
AKA pedantic kunt
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

From where I was there were more than a few clowns. No f**king respect. it's disgusting... Might have been a 'moment' silence as opposed to a minute.

You not think thats more a GAA thing though?

I think that the introduction of the minutes appleause, which was supposed to be used in situations where there was a worry that people would heckle, has caused people to expect noise rather thatn silence
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Spot on and the Italians did start clapping first
Thats not to excuse the couple of clowns who did shout during it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic