Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chris Hughton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Hughton adds former Ireland internationals Steven Reid and Nick Colgan to his Nott'm Forest backroom team. Thumbs Up

And Andy Read is on the coaching staff there too.
Fitness coach.
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:36am
catering and singalongs.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Hope he gets off to a great start in his new job.😉
I have not looked but take it that they are playing someone at the end of the M66 ?

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:59pm
Good win for Chris. Last minute deflection away at Blackburn for the winner, 0 -1.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:06pm
much improved. More defensively solid than in recent months. Scrappy game but last 15 mins Forest really went for the win and started to create clear cut chances. Lucky goal by Lolley but Ameobi hit the post just before it.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 12:53pm
Nott'm Forest already down to 10 men and losing to Reading. I wonder how much longer Hughton will be given. If it doesn't work out there, it'll be hard for him to find his way back to this level of management. Might have to go the Mick McCarthy route. One thing for certain is that he won't be in a position to thumb his nose at the Ireland job anymore.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 12:57pm
He inherited a glut of new signings by a different manager and they didn't gell quickly enough to save his job. Hughton will sort it out if he is given time though the Forest owners are an impatient lot.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 1:16pm
Don't know why mangers with a decent rep take jobs like this. Similar to when Coleman took over Sunderland
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:13pm
Forest beaten comprehensively again today.

He's got Hugh-ge problems.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:24pm
The way things are going for Hughton with Forest and for Kenny with us might mean we could be crossing paths before too long.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The way things are going for Hughton with Forest and for Kenny with us might mean we could be crossing paths before too long.

A top player for us. Always comes across well. A terrible decision to take charge of Forest. Unmanageable.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Forest beaten comprehensively again today.

The scoreline and goal order might suggest so, but they weren't that bad. (Or at least Brentford weren't that good)

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He's got Hugh-ge problems.

No doubt, but Wycombe are seemingly doomed and Sheff Wed likely so (Pulis notwithstanding). Rotherham will do well to avoid the drop and QPR are on a slippery slope too. And Coventry or Millwall could tumble as well.

Meaning Hughton has only got to finish above three of them this season to earn the chance to be sacked in his turn next October or November.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

A top player for us. Always comes across well. A terrible decision to take charge of Forest. Unmanageable.

He might not have had too many options.

I mean, when a decent manager like Nigel Clough is reduced to taking over Mansfield, it shows how hard it is, esp with so many clubs now foreign-owned, meaning they look abroad for new appointments - eg 7 currently in the Championship alone.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 6:44pm
he will keep them up, gain promotion next season,  then get sacked 1 game into the premier league. 
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

he will keep them up, gain promotion next season,  then get sacked 1 game into the premier league. 

As highly as I rate Hughton, I don't see a promotion happening next season. A really bad career move given that he was on an upward trajectory. I advocated him getting the Arsenal job when he was at Brighton.

The one up side, he now becomes affordable for us in to the future. The lockdown crisis has made many managers more affordable for us.

Edited by avfc - 14 Dec 2020 at 9:58am
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 12:31pm
That Nottingham Forest squad is a complete mess. Totally unbalanced, filled to the brim with aging journeymen and below average plodders. Very little pace or creativity.

They massively overperformed last season. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 1:48pm
Nottingham Forest on course for a fifth consecutive league defeat this season. They're losing 1-0 to Derby with half an hour to go.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:21pm
Forest losing 0-2 to Middlesbrough.

That's Hughton gone you'd imagine.

He's never shown much interest in the Ireland job but it might become more attractive now.

He'll probably see it as a route back into a PL or Championship job as I can't see many clubs at that level offering him a role after this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
  Share Topic