Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chris Hughton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

Absolutely criminal the FAI don’t have a man of his ability coaching the national side. Who knows what we could of achieved. Let’s hope no one calls him before we do next year.
Can you just hurry up and do something to get banned again?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 7:10pm

Absolutely criminal the FAI don’t have a man of his ability coaching the national side. Who knows what we could of achieved. Let’s hope no one calls him before we do next year.

LOL

Have you not got a plane to fly Topper
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 7:18pm
Must have started supporting the team after the Kerr era LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Can you just hurry up and do something to get banned again?

“Could have” ffs ffs 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 9:23pm
What happened to freedom of speech?

Olaf/Byrner is entitled to his opinion
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

For sure, but for some reason the same few latch onto everything he says, embarrassing really but not surprising.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:24pm

He was in the job 15 yrs ago with Kerr.  Both were poor in the job and produced perfomances just like tonight every game for 2 yrs.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

For sure, but for some reason the same few latch onto everything he says, embarrassing really but not surprising.

This is the poster who was cheering on Scotland when we needed them to lose. Calling for Kenny to be sacked after 1 game. He’s been banned on numerous occasions. f**k him.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:29pm

O you 🍞
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

He was in the job 15 yrs ago with Kerr.  Both were poor in the job and produced perfomances just like tonight every game for 2 yrs.

I think you should go and see what Hughton done with Brighton. He learnt his craft in England, with huge expectations. He should be our national manager. Kenny is a Kerr/Staunton in waiting, he’s well on his way now. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 6:41am
kenny has the same record as jack after two games and a better one than mick after two games.  

Staunton and Kerr both won their first game in charge comfortably. 

However what I will say is that I haven’t see as open as were against Finland since the Cyprus away game 

Edited by Baldrick - 07 Sep 2020 at 6:42am
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 8:10am
ha ha I haven’t seen us as open as this since the Cyprus game away. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 9:53am
So we bring in Hughton and defend every game from our box. Basically lets do what ended up ruining Irish football. Genius.

The only argument that would make sense in any way is a more progressive manager than Kenny with coaching credentials that show he can transform our system from bottom to senior internationals. 

Kenny should have got the job after the Denmark game. No more short termism please for god sake. We wait it out and give the man a chance he has earned

Edited by Nialler - 07 Sep 2020 at 10:26am
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

So we bring in Hughton and defend every game from our box. Basically lets do what ended up ruining Irish football. Genius.

The only argument that would make sense in any way is a more progressive manager than Kenny with coaching credentials that show he can get transform our system from bottom to senior internationals. 

Kenny should have got the job after the Denmark game. No more short termusm please for god sake. We wait it out and give the man a chance he has earned

We do what has qualified us for 6 major tournaments in 30 years. We do what works for us. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

kenny has the same record as jack after two games and a better one than mick after two games.  

Staunton and Kerr both won their first game in charge comfortably. 

However what I will say is that I haven’t see as open as were against Finland since the Cyprus away game 

I said before the game that Arter was too undisciplined to play the role he was given. Frenetic is the word I used, as he constantly runs after opposition players and leaves gaps behind him; he doesn't have the patience or focus. I also said that he's rash in the tackle and always likely to pick up a booking. Sure enough he got one yesterday. For what it's worth, I said much the same about Molumby and he also got booked. They were a mismatch together and adding Brady to the mix on top of it was the icing on the sh*t cake considering his natural tendencies. It's doubly frustrating because in the Bulgaria game O'Dowda got in Doherty's way and failed to anticipate things that would come natural to someone at Wolves. Then he kept his place in the team and we had the same clogging on both flanks with no creative player to slow things down and calm things down in the middle.

It's not all doom and gloom, though. McCarthy, Hendrick and Hourihane are better players than the three who played yesterday and our performance in Bulgaria reflected that. I think some people are remiss to give Hendrick any credit at all because the hatred of him is so ingrained in certain posters. McCarthy is also easy to dismiss but we don't even know if he was fully fit. I'd say Hendrick and McCarthy have to play against Slovakia but Hourihane's place is still a source of debate (at least within my own mind).
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 11:54am
I would agree with a lot of that. Our first choice midfield,  for all its faults, played on Thursday. 
I have been very critical of Hendrick's application in the past, but he looked far better and more involved in Bulgaria. He was also regularly looking to receive the ball, something that had been my biggest criticism of him.
Hourihane is very limited, but his set-pieces can be vital and, unlike Brady, is naturally more suited to playing centrally so holds the shape better. 
McCarthy, who was actually poor on Thursday, possibly due to fitness, was far more disciplined than Arter. I thought Arter was very poor yesterday. He would make an excellent spaniel but never a midfielder. 
The midfield on Thursday dominated the ball against a technically competent side, something we hadn't really done in years, often against poorer sides, and got sl*gged for it! I think it is our best three though.
I would also bring in a fit McGoldrick and Coleman.

I still have huge doubts about Stevens in a four too. I hope yesterday was just one of those games, but I was nervous any time the ball came near him. He looked really out of sorts.
Regardless,  I think the only position up for debate in this system, for Slovakia at least, is right of the front three.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would agree with a lot of that. Our first choice midfield,  for all its faults, played on Thursday. 
I have been very critical of Hendrick's application in the past, but he looked far better and more involved in Bulgaria. He was also regularly looking to receive the ball, something that had been my biggest criticism of him.
Hourihane is very limited, but his set-pieces can be vital and, unlike Brady, is naturally more suited to playing centrally so holds the shape better. 
McCarthy, who was actually poor on Thursday, possibly due to fitness, was far more disciplined than Arter. I thought Arter was very poor yesterday. He would make an excellent spaniel but never a midfielder. 
The midfield on Thursday dominated the ball against a technically competent side, something we hadn't really done in years, often against poorer sides, and got sl*gged for it! I think it is our best three though.
I would also bring in a fit McGoldrick and Coleman.

I still have huge doubts about Stevens in a four too. I hope yesterday was just one of those games, but I was nervous any time the ball came near him. He looked really out of sorts.
Regardless,  I think the only position up for debate in this system, for Slovakia at least, is right of the front three.

I need to go back and watch this again. How opinions change. I thought he was very good. How can you pick one lad out when there is more than 1 doing the job?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 12:02pm
The whole midfield wad poor, but Brady is never going to be a central player and Molumby is making his debut. I think the emphasis was on Arter to hold the position and shape more and I don't think he did. He probably isn't naturally suited to the role the way McCarthy is, but it is a very important one for us. 
On Thursday night it looked like McCarthy had had a very poor game, but his absence was very noticeable yesterday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
  Share Topic