Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Billybob

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Billybob
    Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 5:54pm
Having watched the Besiktas match tonight, which home support would u think creates a better atmosphere, Besiktas or Manure?

Edited by Sono - 15 Sep 2009 at 5:56pm
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 6:05pm
and also can you also admit that Utd too can be very boring when going about getting wins
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 6:07pm
The whole Champions League is boring at this stage, predicable sh*te unlike the FAI Cup this evening; much more interesting Thumbs%20Up
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 6:30pm
I was busy training so got home in time to watch the end of the Rovers match.

Champs league is a sh*te competition and im bored of it. They need to go back to knock out rounds all the way through and stop this league carry on and forget about the money.

I'd go to Old Trafford to watch cricket before id go to Old Trafford to watch soccer. 10% from Manchester, 30% from Ireland, 20% from Japan, 10% from India and the remaining 30% from god knows fookin where and you call yourself real supporters??

billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

and also can you also admit that Utd too can be very boring when going about getting wins

The whole competition and Premier league is boring
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 6:52am
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

I was busy training so got home in time to watch the end of the Rovers match.

Champs league is a sh*te competition and im bored of it. They need to go back to knock out rounds all the way through and stop this league carry on and forget about the money.

I'd go to Old Trafford to watch cricket before id go to Old Trafford to watch soccer. 10% from Manchester, 30% from Ireland, 20% from Japan, 10% from India and the remaining 30% from god knows fookin where and you call yourself real supporters??

You missed out so, absolutely quality they were, Manure fans throwing prawn sandwiches at them from their end telling them to shut up Thumbs%20Down
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:03am
Ye the united fans are all bandwagoners- terrible atmosphere in ot- champions league is crap aswell dont know why they bother holding it anymore tbh shamrock rovers are prob a bit above the champo league- wouldnt lower themselves to that level- be interesting to see what shamrock rovers average attendace was in 06 compared to this year.

24 August 1949, Manchester united beat bolton 3 0 witnessed by 41,748 supporters in old trafford

-10% from Manchester, 30% from Ireland, 20% from Japan, 10% from India and the remaining 30% from god knows fookin where and you call yourself real supporters??
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:10am
bored with the premier league and the champions league myself , knock outs are good in the CL and when its tight at the top of the league its interesting but really i can understand people who are not supporters of the teams calling it a load of me bollo.

if you are a fan of those teams of course you will think differently..

if you are a man u or liverpool fan here though why not take the time to go to the Domestic league games , too many fellas stuck to the armchair and going to liverpool/manchester/london once a month or every two months..

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:14am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

bored with the premier league and the champions league myself , knock outs are good in the CL and when its tight at the top of the league its interesting but really i can understand people who are not supporters of the teams calling it a load of me bollo.

if you are a man u or liverpool fan here though why not take the time to go to the Domestic league games , too many fellas stuck to the armchair and going to liverpool/manchester/london once a month or every two months..

Over the course of a league season there are bound to be plenty of boring games- Look at city arsenal at the weekend though- absolutely full of incident- and 6 goals- then again you have brum villa which was absolute sh*te- happens in every league/ cup- i do think they should go back to the old format in the european cup ie a straight knockout with only the  league winners entering the competition- but with the tv money and that they try to squeeze loadsa average teams into the champo

Edited by Vivakenbarlow - 16 Sep 2009 at 7:15am
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Over the course of a league season there are bound to be plenty of boring games- Look at city arsenal at the weekend though- absolutely full of incident- and 6 goals- then again you have brum villa which was absolute sh*te- happens in every league/ cup- i do think they should go back to the old format in the european ie a straight knockout with only the  league winners entering the competition- but with the tv money and that they try to squeeze loadsa average teams into the champo

the thing is when its your own team you are glued to it but if you are not a fan of these teams you just think , meh , man u v barca again ?? inter v liverpool again ?? milan v ah jaysis  who cares..

i think they are killing the fatted calf for sure..
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 7:19am

Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Over the course of a league season there are bound to be plenty of boring games- Look at city arsenal at the weekend though- absolutely full of incident- and 6 goals- then again you have brum villa which was absolute sh*te- happens in every league/ cup- i do think they should go back to the old format in the european ie a straight knockout with only the  league winners entering the competition- but with the tv money and that they try to squeeze loadsa average teams into the champo

the thing is when its your own team you are glued to it but if you are not a fan of these teams you just think , meh , man u v barca again ?? inter v liverpool again ?? milan v ah jaysis  who cares..

i think they are killing the fatted calf for sure..

Ye i totally agree with that as i said they squeeze as many teams into it as they can- like who the fook wants to watch kiev against kasan kasan or what ever the fook their called
Toto Riina View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toto Riina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Having watched the Besiktas match tonight, which home support would u think creates a better atmosphere, Besiktas or Manure?

Villa's fans are far far better than all english club fans in europe Sono..Shockedoh no wait!!
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 2:22pm
Toto - You needed to be on the balcony in the Mon Repos on the Thursday night room number 202 to understand the joke  Confused
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 2:24pm
Was at United vs Watford FA Cup Semi Final in Villa Park a couple of years ago and it was the best atmosphere Ive experienced at a football match..Also United vs Barca Champions League Semi Final 2 years ago was unbelieveable.

Not many home supports in the PL cover themselves in glory,the hardcore away support is always better than the home fans..
Theres only one sport that matters..
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 2:33pm
I can feel Vivakenbarlow's blood boiling from here !! LOL
Why no wine??!
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:11am
Lads sorry I have to disagree wit a few of ye !! besiktas was million times better..hardcore !!

I'm a united fan and have been at about 25 matches in the last 16 years and I have always thought the atmosphere was sh*t.
- I went to watch Salzburg in Trappas last match 2yrs ago, and the atmosphere was 10 times better.
- I was at Sheff Wed-Sheff Utd Match last year and atmosphere was electric, again 10 times better.

I could list off 5/6 other examples where atmosphere was alot better.
In OT half the fans don't know songs, and are generally quiet !!
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:52am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Lads sorry I have to disagree wit a few of ye !! besiktas was million times better..hardcore !!

I'm a united fan and have been at about 25 matches in the last 16 years and I have always thought the atmosphere was sh*t.
- I went to watch Salzburg in Trappas last match 2yrs ago, and the atmosphere was 10 times better.
- I was at Sheff Wed-Sheff Utd Match last year and atmosphere was electric, again 10 times better.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:11am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Its the same everywhere though. With 75000 supporters at OT you are always going to get people who dont care about generating an atmosphere. Look at Ireland games at Croke Park. Been to most home Utd games the last few seasons at OT and some games atmosphere has been
class and others not so good. Away games have always a great atmosphere though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic