You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post match analysis, and group so far

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 9:40am

last night was the game i missed, the auld recession got the better of me..thats not the point though. i think people have a right to question the managers performance without being criticised or dismissed as fairweather fans etc...i know its a crazy concept but it is a football forum, not a forum dedicated to the infalability of the great trapattoni

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

l i think people have a right to question the managers performance without being criticised or dismissed as fairweather fans etc...

thats a crazy fukn concept...
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 9:50am
maybe you should write a poem about itLOL

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 9:59am
I once knew a fairweather fan,
Who's bitching is worse than a tan
you dont question trappa as that just lacks decorum 
especially on YBIG, Which is a real football forum...

(*i bet my hangover is worse than yours to citizen!)

Edited by billybunter - 06 Sep 2009 at 10:01am
The Rovers View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Rovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 10:00am
Originally posted by billybunter billybunter wrote:

i'd rather be in our position than Argentina, France, portugal (all the great 'pretty football  / passing sides) that will likely not be at the big dance next summer.

We have never passed teams off the park except back in the days of Brady, Grealish and co. Listening to some people you would think we were fukn brazil before trappa came along.
credit where its due ffs. He's not lucky, He's not a waste of money, he fukn well has us where we all wanted to be and thats still not enough for some people. Has anyone considered the fact that Shay had fcuk all to do last night might just be down to the job the midfield did?  - easy to slam them from the barstool. Get behind the fukn team, or hand over your ticket in croke park to someone that will.

WELL SAID BILLYBUNTER, couldnt have put it better myself. We might not be good to watch but Trap is doin something right and its results that matter at end of the day. We have been lucky at times but then again maybe we were unlucky not to win at one of bulgaria, italy or monty away. Never mind us, Italy have been very lucky in this group, injury time winner in cyprus and 2 og's last night. I think we deserve to be in the position we are and can still win this group.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 10:03am

WELL SAID BILLYBUNTER, couldnt have put it better myself. We might not be good to watch but Trap is doin something right and its results that matter at end of the day. We have been lucky at times but then again maybe we were unlucky not to win at one of bulgaria, italy or monty away. Never mind us, Italy have been very lucky in this group, injury time winner in cyprus and 2 og's last night. I think we deserve to be in the position we are and can still win this group.
[/QUOTE]

my biggest concern is that Lippi will call up Kaka Kaladze for our game in Croker...... - what a fukn finisher!!
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 10:05am
Originally posted by billybunter billybunter wrote:

I once knew a fairweather fan,
Who's bitching is worse than a tan
you dont question trappa as that just lacks decorum 
especially on YBIG, Which is a real football forum...

(*i bet my hangover is worse than yours to citizen!)
  ClapClap i like it...

DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 10:43am
anyone else think that they is something "dodgy" about kakaldze, who plays his football in italy, scoring two own goals against the italians.

after the 2002 world cup, when the korean(who played in italy) got the winner to knock out italy, didnt the club owner sack him, or something like that.
cup champions
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 11:10am
Yes DG80!!! Especially since they were both savage finishes!!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
The Rovers View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Rovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 11:19am
And Buffon made an unbelieveable save just a minute before the first own goal, sounds like georgia could well have got a result last night
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 11:51am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

no sign of the match on rte liveplayer yet, usually up straight away.....

why isnt this up yet?Angry
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

last night was the game i missed, the auld recession got the better of me..thats not the point though. i think people have a right to question the managers performance without being criticised or dismissed as fairweather fans etc...i know its a crazy concept but it is a football forum, not a forum dedicated to the infalability of the great trapattoni

i agree 100% this is exactly the place to discuss it ,

we were feckin muck last night but we were still miles better than the last time , thats the only yardstick i am using , argentina and the rest of the more talented teams can fcuk off , we are well on our way and it is down to trapp
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

anyone else think that they is something "dodgy" about kakaldze, who plays his football in italy, scoring two own goals against the italians.

after the 2002 world cup, when the korean(who played in italy) got the winner to knock out italy, didnt the club owner sack him, or something like that.

i think the korean sued the hole off the club owner though..
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 12:05pm

no sign of the match on rte liveplayer yet, usually up straight away.....

why isnt this up yet?Angry

Why would you want to sit through that again? ok we know the result but it was torture.

Just to see the goals again?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 12:07pm
+ see the flag again Thumbs%20Up
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 2:13pm
We were desperate last night, what is with scoring first then turning sh*te for the rest of the game??

Just glad we have our bogey team out of the way, but more performances like that and we can kiss SA goodbye
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 2:15pm
Pathetic performance yet again.
Result is all that matters now though.

However if we get to afreeca, i really fear we will be embarressed
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 2:26pm

2nd place as a minimum should of been sow up by now, twice we surrendered 1-0 leads to the Bulgarians which would of effectively eliminated them as contenders.

Still 2 games to go with everything to play for - just wish to see us play a bit better, (I not asking for Brazil circa 1970) just some sort of retention of the ball as opposed to hoofing it long.

Roll on the Italians should be some day
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic