You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They need me more than I need them

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by filthymcnasty filthymcnasty wrote:

Ah, my favourite subject...

I think these quotes could be pretty accurate alright.

I’ve defended Stephen Ireland on here many, many times.  And I have no doubt that he was ‘bullied’ within the squad – this should never ever have been allowed to happen.  Bullying is not a matter which can be trivialised and people can take the ‘he’s a big boy, he should be able to take it’ stance until they’re blue in the face but the fact remains that people react to this sort of thing in different ways.  Ireland has been badly scarred from his time in the Irish squad and to think that we have lost our best player since Roy Keane because some tit was allowed to pick on him ‘til his heart was content is quite frankly, a f**king disgrace.  This was, after all, our best player in years.  Why didn’t someone step in and knock this on the head (yes, you Delaney and all those f**kwits that work with you in the FAI).  Don Givens is also a disgrace and undoubtedly hammered another nail in Ireland’s coffin when he made unwelcome comments about him when he was caretaker manager.  Hunt also did the same, the stupid twat.  Neither of these men spoke on behalf of us, the fans.  Deep down, we all wanted him back in the green shirt.  It seems now that that will never happen and I personally blame the aforementioned Gives and Hunt for this.  I’m not convinced Stan had much to do with this but this is as I think that, despite being a sh*t manager, Stan wasn’t/isn’t a bad chap at the end of the day.

This situation, however, took a dramatic turn for the worse this week when Ireland said he would rather practice martial arts than play for his country – even those in the pro-Ireland camp like me and Eamon Dunphy  et al have to now concede that this matter is now dead and buried.  He will never play for Ireland again.

I do believe that Stephen Ireland disrespected our great nation and the Irish fans with all that martial arts sh*te before declaring the decision to ‘retire’ was the best he ever made.  Why didn’t he come out like a man and tell us exactly what happened – show those people who forced him out for what they really are?  He didn’t but instead punished a nation for the wrong doings of a few.  For this reason, I will no longer be championing his cause anymore.  I don’t care what happens him at City – I hope when the next manager comes in at City (let’s face it, Hughes loves him) and casts him aside for some swarthy, exotic, £4o million player, he doesn’t come crawling back to us when he finds himself a bit-part player at Sunderland.  ‘Cos I think we’ll all happily say ‘f**k off Stephen, you turned your back on us when we needed you most’.

can i ask what evidence we have to say he was "bullied"? until something concrete is revealed i for one dont think that part of the story should be givem credence. i happened to be in the bar of the radisson that morning in bratislava and there didnt appear to be any issue at 11am when they left the hotel - why didnt he end up in ptague then?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sponsored Links

Irishlad View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 4:19pm
  Well Said
MOB
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 4:24pm
Just added him on facebookThumbs%20Up and sent him a message of support!!

Trapp out
Irishlad View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by SuperDub SuperDub wrote:

Will the irish media move on and forget about this story ? I doubt it. What annoys me is he always comes out with some stupid interview on the eve of a big international game which leads to more speculation.

Lets move on and support the lads that want to play for their country.
MOB
Irishlad View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 4:31pm
Couldn't agree more...
MOB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic