Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They need me more than I need them

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 6:48am
Maybe the media will now stop hijacking every news conference/squad announcement with reference to this .

Good news , good riddance, will send you a postcard from SA c/o Eastlands

Edited by Newryrep - 30 Aug 2009 at 6:48am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 7:38am
Why would he come back, he has been abused by oireland fans on this website since he did get forced out and the truth is oireland do need stephen ireland more than he needs them. Thats just stating the truth. Why would he want to play in front of a few thousand drunk lepregoons anyway

Edited by Gouldinho09 - 30 Aug 2009 at 7:39am

The Scientist View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

Why would he come back, he has been abused by oireland fans on this website since he did get forced out and the truth is oireland do need stephen ireland more than he needs them. Thats just stating the truth. Why would he want to play in front of a few thousand drunk lepregoons anyway
hahahahahahaha

as they say in poland

ur mothers a horse
Mother Theresa in skins!!
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 7:50am
Its all in The Sunday Times this morning(Jonathan Northcroft)
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 7:56am
http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2009/0830/1224253502875.html

Ireland rules out return to international arena

Stephen Ireland looks to have put an end to speculation on any imminent return to international football after admitting his decision to stop playing for his country “feels like the best decision I ever made”.

The 23-old Manchester City midfielder has not played at international level since the Republic of Ireland’s game against Slovakia two years ago.

Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni has talked to the former Cobh Ramblers player about a possible return, but has always admitted that the call must come from the player himself.

Now it looks like Ireland has made up his mind, saying he is looking forward to the upcoming international break to work on his fitness after a fine start to the season with Mark Hughes’ side and that playing for his country is the furthest thing from his mind just now.

“I’m not thinking about it at all. It’s just my position and it feels like the best decision I ever made,” said Ireland.

You are too good for them Stevie

Edited by Gouldinho09 - 30 Aug 2009 at 7:56am

SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 8:04am
Will the irish media move on and forget about this story ? I doubt it. What annoys me is he always comes out with some stupid interview on the eve of a big international game which leads to more speculation.

Lets move on and support the lads that want to play for their country.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 8:44am
"Retiring still feels like the best decision I ever made"

The above statement is hard to believe but it should finally put an end to any more specualtion. The lad obviously doesnt give a sh*te about his Country's football side or it's supporters.

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 8:52am
Stephen Ireland f**k off you ****

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 8:52am
case closed
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 8:55am
I sense a banner too for Cyprus... Along the lines of what Newry said. "Don't worry Steve, we'll send you a postcrd from Africa". Get to work lads Thumbs%20Up
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

i feel a banner coming for on cyprus

Yes please, what a prick Ireland is.
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 10:06am
THE END.
Now can we please get on with our lives?
And as has been said, get the media to stop pestering Trappa and co. about the issue. It is dead and buried.
There are friendlier places to drink.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 10:47am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I sense a banner too for Cyprus... Along the lines of what Newry said. "Don't worry Steve, we'll send you a postcrd from Africa". Get to work lads Thumbs%20Up

wouldnt waste too time/effort MM on anything to do with him.

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

wouldnt waste too time/effort MM on anything to do with him.

Actually, I agree 100%
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 1:18pm

my final word on him is fcuk off you c**t....

come on you boys in green!!!!
Here we go again
trapsflipflop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapsflipflop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 1:52pm
glenn whelan gave a good interview in the mail today came across as a sound bloke who loves playing for ireland and has feet on ground and not forgot where he came from, shows up that bucket of donkey piss ireland
The game is about
Being effective
Being aggressive
Winning the ball
Getting it on with the play
We'll Put 'em Under Pressure

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 2:19pm

What an absolute fcukin t**ser. Even though he appears to have ruled it out don't bet against this tosspot having a sudden change of heart if we qualify
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 2:29pm

'YOUR NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT'

Theres only one sport that matters..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic