You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum conduct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 2:00am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Character limits on posts would weed out half of the b*llsh*t that gets repetitively posted daily. If you can't form an argument in less than 200 characters, don't bother. Some posters think it's time to submit a dissertation with the length of their posts.

Id see it the other way, threads with post after post of one or very few words or just an emoji at times are fcukin tedious. There is quality on here, some very good content but you usually have to wade through some awful sh*t to get to it. 
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

To be honest the pop ups drive me nuts more than anything else . 
Love the craic on here and have to get my daily fix otherwise i get lost . 

Lets face it i think we have all took something positive from here Tickets , Travel and info now as for negative people move on and we don't see them again but the nutters were outstanding i must say they must have been on truck loads of acid LOL

To be fair Murph you should be glad you are still
Getting pop ups at your age. 

AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

To be honest the pop ups drive me nuts more than anything else . 
Love the craic on here and have to get my daily fix otherwise i get lost . 

Lets face it i think we have all took something positive from here Tickets , Travel and info now as for negative people move on and we don't see them again but the nutters were outstanding i must say they must have been on truck loads of acid LOL

To be fair Murph you should be glad you are still
Getting pop ups at your age. 

At least I know what to do with them when i get them , now are you still reading the manual Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Character limits on posts would weed out half of the b*llsh*t that gets repetitively posted daily. If you can't form an argument in less than 200 characters, don't bother. Some posters think it's time to submit a dissertation with the length of their posts.

Id see it the other way, threads with post after post of one or very few words or just an emoji at times are fcukin tedious. There is quality on here, some very good content but you usually have to wade through some awful sh*t to get to it. 

+1

LOL

Clap

Wink

Confused

This sort of sh*t is worse than some of the lunatics that post on here. And there is some serial offenders. Also imagine I was to spell it cereal instead of serial , that would get even more replies, some people it would be the highlight of there day

Edited by foggy.nelson - 18 Sep 2019 at 8:25am
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:06am
Too many bandwagoners 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:21am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

+1

LOL

Clap

Wink

Confused

This sort of sh*t is worse than some of the lunatics that post on here. And there is some serial offenders. Also imagine I was to spell it cereal instead of cereal, that would get even more replies, some people it would be the highlight of there day
That would be ‘serial’. Spelling ‘cereal’ as ‘cereal’ would be correct. I would also use single quotation marks for emphasis, it makes it easier for the reader; after all, punctuation and grammar is merely consideration for those reading it.

In the highlights of my day so far, this comes about fourth just behind a rousing sing-a-long to ‘Louie, Louie’ in the shower, a relaxing sh*t and a very enjoyable coffee with herself. 

Edited by pre Madonna - 18 Sep 2019 at 8:21am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:24am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

+1

LOL

Clap

Wink

Confused

This sort of sh*t is worse than some of the lunatics that post on here. And there is some serial offenders. Also imagine I was to spell it cereal instead of serial, that would get even more replies, some people it would be the highlight of there day
That would be ‘serial’. Spelling ‘cereal’ as ‘cereal’ would be correct. I would also use single quotation marks for emphasis, it makes it easier for the reader; after all, punctuation and grammar is merely consideration for those reading it.

In the highlights of my day so far, this comes about fourth just behind a rousing sing-a-long to ‘Louie, Louie’ in the shower, a relaxing sh*t and a very enjoyable coffee with herself. 

Clap

Edited by foggy.nelson - 18 Sep 2019 at 8:25am
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:27am

An improvement on the "THanks" button would help this. Most of the time I forget it's there
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

The ROI section is my least favourite part of the forum. Some lads get a serious horn hearing some lad playing for Rochdale who has an Oirish sounding name but it’s not for me. 

Or a player capped at u21 level for the north has photos of GAA or Celtic on his Facebook page
He must be called into our next squad despite the fact he can’t get a game at Crusaders 
Maybe a sign of how desperate some people have become to see players tied down to us after the Grealish & Rice sagas. LOL

Oh, and you know there must be an issue with conduct on here when a thread about it has already run to 3 pages in less than 24 hours. LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 18 Sep 2019 at 8:37am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
**** View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:11am
Folks 

Still no PM's to this anonymous account in regards to names of posters you want banned. 

Regards

Gazh 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:38am
Is there any harm in putting together a list. I’ll start - 

1. Replies must not be too short or too long

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:54am

+1

LOL

Clap

Wink

Confused

This sort of sh*t is worse than some of the lunatics that post on here. And there is some serial offenders. Also imagine I was to spell it cereal instead of serial , that would get even more replies, some people it would be the highlight of there day

*their
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

+1

LOL

Clap

Wink

Confused

*their

Clap
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

2. No lists
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:05am
travel section is great , thanks superdave... is steve amsterdam still around...
great tips for getting to games. like the 160 return to geneva in oct.. yeah the emojis are annoying and when two posters ahve arguments and quote everything...
i enjoy the forum, dont post too much though
Come on Irelind
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

2. No lists

3. Don't be seen to be enjoying yourself or having a laugh
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:35am

2. No lists

4. No multi quoting. 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

2. No lists

4. No multi quoting. 

I second that