You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum conduct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 7:21pm
I'm only here for Javiers comments. Pure gold!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 7:38pm
The more popular an internet community becomes, the worse it becomes. It's always the case.

For the most part I enjoy the forum information-wise, keeping track of up-and-coming players and finding out how random players are getting on etc. But yeah the general attitude of some people can be s bit toxic.

My biggest gripe of all was all the terrible clichéd puns that were recycled over and over and over, and I'm so glad that the mods cracked down on that.

I think the forum is more bearable if you read the comments without looking at who's writing them, and of course take all comments with a grain of salt.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Multi Quotes Clap

It's been more or less the same for as long as I've been on this forum. Some absolute clowns over the years. Trapnoclue, Rainpaulo, Byrner and Cathalthesmart. Around Euro 2012 was as bad as the forum has ever been.

Some great posters that don't post anymore like Tribal and some other chap whose name I can't remember but he used to have great tips for South American football

JAVIERClap
LOLLOLLOL

Just remembered your mans name. Madferret 

He was a great poster.

From what I remember, he did announce he was leaving the forum and that was the end of him.

Hope he's alright and doing well for himself!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:23pm
To be honest the pop ups drive me nuts more than anything else . 
Love the craic on here and have to get my daily fix otherwise i get lost . 

Lets face it i think we have all took something positive from here Tickets , Travel and info now as for negative people move on and we don't see them again but the nutters were outstanding i must say they must have been on truck loads of acid LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:37pm
Character limits on posts would weed out half of the b*llsh*t that gets repetitively posted daily. If you can't form an argument in less than 200 characters, don't bother. Some posters think it's time to submit a dissertation with the length of their posts.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Character limits on posts would weed out half of the b*llsh*t that gets repetitively posted daily. If you can't form an argument in less than 200 characters, don't bother. Some posters think it's time to submit a dissertation with the length of their posts.
There's a one word argument against this: Deise.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:45pm
Very true. Always well written.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:48pm
I agree about the point it can be hard to have an opinion. I see people posting an opinion and then their post is ridiculed but not really with a counter argument. 
Probably it would be better if conduct, in the ROI section at least, would be if you want to challenge, criticize or have some sort of smart comment about an opinion then have a constructive point to back it up.
Maybe not all the time, we dont want robotic posts, but constant offenders should have it pointed out to them.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:53pm
Deise's posts are brilliant. Clap

Even those intellectual lads on reddit like them.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:57pm
The ROI section is my least favourite part of the forum. Some lads get a serious horn hearing some lad playing for Rochdale who has an Oirish sounding name but it’s not for me. 

ROW can be a good laugh and you’re almost guaranteed some lunacy.

Whatever has its moments and the LOI is good at times.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Trap junior and pre Madonna must be the same poster. Both so repetitive. 

You should know you stalker.  And if I see you hiding in the bushes at night outside my house again I am calling the Guards. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:15pm
Is Post Madonna username still available?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Is Post Madonna username still available?
Lady Gaga?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:33pm
LOL

Still not over Madonnas last appearance on Graham Norton. It was spectacular coontishness. Gaga has some way to go to get to that level.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 17 Sep 2019 at 9:34pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:41pm

The ROI section is my least favourite part of the forum. Some lads get a serious horn hearing some lad playing for Rochdale who has an Oirish sounding name but it’s not for me. 

My favourite one so far has to be Sean Longstaff on the basis his name was spelt Sean and not Shaun or Shawn so he must be eligible.

People on here are crackers LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:44pm

Or a player capped at u21 level for the north has photos of GAA or Celtic on his Facebook page
He must be called into our next squad despite the fact he can’t get a game at Crusaders 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:47pm
Or the people who follow eligible players Instagram and Twitter accounts to see what posts they've "liked"

The sort of activity only Keith Lemon or Ted Bundy would participate in.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Or the people who follow eligible players Instagram and Twitter accounts to see what posts they've "liked"

The sort of activity only Keith Lemon or Ted Bundy would participate in.
Comparing anybody to Keith Lemon is very harsh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic