You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Formula 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 9:56pm
F1 heads, do Setanta Ireland/1 show all the races? I would half consider following it again but don't want to follow it on a stream for Sky coverage if at all possible.

Or combined with BBC coverage, are all races covered for?
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

F1 heads, do Setanta Ireland/1 show all the races? I would half consider following it again but don't want to follow it on a stream for Sky coverage if at all possible.

Or combined with BBC coverage, are all races covered for?

Yes they show all the races and Qualifications but they have no build up. The feed comes on air 5 mins before the race and is the commentary from the BBC. The BBC show half of the season.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 21 Apr 2013 at 10:10pm
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 10:44pm
Cheers! watching repeat of Bahrain GP here now, was never impressed with their coverage back in 07 & 08 but its not bad so far.
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 1:29pm
Watching British GP atm, 16 laps in and there have been three tire blow-outs already, and they were all the same tire, left rear Shocked
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 1:42pm
Menthol sh*t. Anymore and they may have to red flag the race.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 2:48pm
Hamilton's first GP win for Mercedes in Hungary. good stuff Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 4:59pm
Provisonal Calender for 2014 released.

New Jersey GP dropped again. Mexican GP provisionally pencilled in for a return after 22 years.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 3:39am
In a few hours, Seb Vettel will win his 4th consecutive world title at the age of 26. If he doesn't, he will win it the week after regardless. It is quite an achievement for F1's 2nd best driver Wink, he will become only the 3rd man (Mick and JM Fangio the other 2) to win 4 consecutively, given he could have a full 14 years or so left in F1, Mick's record of 7 WC's is under serious threat. 

Was just looking at Denis's post Re Mexico GP above, the last one was in 1992, 15 teams (30 cars) entered, of those, only Ferrari, McClaren and Williams still exist today. (although Force India, Mercedes, Lotus, Toro Rosso can claim some class of heritage from teams that existed at the time)

Jaysus, it has got seriously boring since......

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 3:46am
Lads,whats yere opinions on Kimi re-joining Ferrari?I love the man to bits,but I'm worried about him going somewhere where he won't be guaranteed to be number 1
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 4:20am
Kimi just doesn't give a fcuk one way or another, and whatever the team orders are, he will outqualify Alonso (qualifying prob Fernando's only real weak point) on several occasions, which should lead to some interesting situations. Shouldn't be underestimated, he is still the last Ferrari World Champion, and like Alonso, a better racer than qualifier in general, but he can pull out the qualifying laps when he has to, if he gets the better of Alonso in the first few races, who knows.

There is also the strong rumour that Alonso will be rejoining (a Ronless) McClaren for 2015 when they return to Honda engines, next year is sh*t or bust for Ferrari as far as Alonso is concerned, if they can't provide him with a car good enough, he will likely be out of there the year after, which could lead to politics actually favouring Kimi next year. 

In general though, there are currently 5 world champions on the grid, there was a time I could predict from 2 or 3 lads where the next one was coming from, and be accurate enough about it, but it is very hard to see outside of  the 4 (I can't see Button winning another), maybe other than Rosberg in the next few years. 

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 4:38am
Yeah I can see Kimi outperforming Alonso (always thought he's the most talented driver in the current line-up) but I'm worried about he might react if he doesn't get the full support from the team
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:35am
He won't outperform Alonso over a full season, in all Alonso's 13 seasons, only Hamilton has managed to do that, and that had as much to do with Alonso's mental state (and his perhaps irrational belief he was being undermined by Ronzo) as anything else. The only way Kimi will get the better of him is if Ferrari start messing with Alonso's head, which they may well do if they think Alonso is jumping ship in 2015. 

If they do think Alonso will skip it, they will do whatever it takes to get Vettel, who might well be bored at RB at that stage. Alonso has only ever vetoed one man (Hamilton) as a potential teammate, Kimi has the speed and talent to put it up to him for a while, but I don't think he can sustain it over a full season. If Alonso actually saw him as a serious threat , Raikonnen wouldn't be there in the first place.  I wouldn't write off Kimi for a second, and politics may play into his hands, as well as whatever circumstances occur in the first few races, but all things being equal, I don't think there is a driver out there more complete than Alonso, the only fella who could beat him in an equal car is Hamilton, not necessarily because he is better, but just because for some reason, Alonso fears him since the 07 season. 

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:59am
Not a hope in hell Kimi would pull over to let Alonso by, Ferrari are fully aware of this. I would pay good money to hear his response at a "Fernando is faster than you" message.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:31pm
RIP Andrea De Cesaris. Most probably won't remember him, but he used to drive this;

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:34pm
After seeing the video of Bianchi's crash on Sunday I don't know how he is still alive. Hit the tractor at an incredible speed. Extremely close to taking out one of the safety guys as well.

Edited by tribalarmy - 06 Oct 2014 at 8:35pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:34pm
jaysus thats a name i havent heard in a long time

RIP

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

After seeing the video of Bianchi's crash on Sunday I don't know how he is still alive. Hit the tractor at an incredible speed. Extremely close to taking out one of the safety guys as well.

I don't think he will survive unfortunately. crash helmet cannot do much when hitting something at that speed and seems his head took the full force.

Edited by t_rAndy - 06 Oct 2014 at 8:41pm
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 9:09pm
Any news on how the lad is?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
  Share Topic