You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Footballers - who's Brexit and who's Remain?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 3:59am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Neil Warnock always reminded me of the Joke rwith no make up  from the Adam West Batmans

Paddy Power had it up before but he's the image of Tony Soprano's mother.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:15am
Article about John Sitton (of Leyton Orient documentary fame on the 42. Here's his take on Brexit;

He bemoans the state of the NHS, citing examples in which “I pick up a nurse after an 18-hour shift because she is too tired to get public transport” and he voted for Brexit as he became fed up with the EU from a “historical perspective”.

“I know it might be overly-simplistic, but my main issue is that you have the people who kicked off the trouble in Europe, twice – ergo the Germans – and we gave them a slap, twice, yet they seem to have conquered us economically and to be dictating policy”

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:42am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:08pm
Well well look who's a Brexiteer

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 10:20pm
Leave is what he does the  snake ****
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 10:33pm
Sorry, where is that from and is it actually real?

Harry Kane either wants to avoid controversy or he's thick as champ (or at the very least lacking in basic curiosity about a matter that could fundamentally affect his ability to earn a living overseas).
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 7:43am
It's on the internet it must be real. Taken from Twitter, I believe that wins awards for the honesty and integrity of the local oafs posting on it 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 11:59am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Sorry, where is that from and is it actually real?

Harry Kane either wants to avoid controversy or he's thick as champ (or at the very least lacking in basic curiosity about a matter that could fundamentally affect his ability to earn a living overseas).

Came from Jonathan Liew and it was not real. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 12:06pm
I don’t want to know their opinions on football, why anyone would want to know their opinions on Brexit is beyond me! Making them up is quite funny though!
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 10:39am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Alan Pardew

WRONG

Pards is a REMAINER
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:39pm
http://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1163929537488576512?s=20

Ian Holloway surprising nobody by sounding like an idiot. Hes after coming out with some nonsense about Brexit and the new handball laws.

Edited by HuntysCousin - 20 Aug 2019 at 11:39pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:58pm
LOLLOLLOL

What a fckin idiot.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 12:20am

I wonder how Beardsley voted.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 20 Sep 2019 at 12:21am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:47am
How’d they work out what he was saying?
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 7:59pm

It says a lot about the stupidity of such a nasty and objectionable post that its sheer vacuity is the most offensive thing about it..
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:18pm

Does Peter Beardsley actually have the intelligence to ....

i) register to vote in the first place.
ii) successfully locate his local polling station.
iii) correctly mark his choice on the ballot paper.
iv) successfully deposit the ballot paper in the little box.

I'm rather sceptical.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

It says a lot about the stupidity of such a nasty and objectionable post that its sheer vacuity is the most offensive thing about it..

I'm not saying that Brexit is racist (there are a lot of valid reasons why people voted to leave) but there can be little doubt but that, following the Brexit vote, there has been an increase in racist incidents in the UK. Now, correlation and causation are tricky things, but it is generally accepted, and I believe rightly so, that the Brexit vote has acted as an influence and indeed something of a licence for behaviour the like of which occurred less frequently prior to the referendum. Distilled, I think it is fair to say that the average (median) Brexit voter is not racist, but racists are disproportionately in favour of Brexit.

My post may have been pithy but vacuous it was not.

And it is remarkable that you have to chosen to highlight your objection to my post rather than addressing, in any way, the truly remarkable objectionableness of Beardsley's comments. I'll say little more than that your attitude is itself deserving of remark. To go to the bother of posting that a somewhat glib aside on my part is nasty and objectionable, while saying nothing of Beardsley's antediluvian attitude, is striking. You may agree that Beardsley's comments were deplorable yet that is not what you chose to highlight. Incredible.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 20 Sep 2019 at 8:22pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Does Peter Beardsley actually have the intelligence to ....

i) register to vote in the first place.
ii) successfully locate his local polling station.
iii) correctly mark his choice on the ballot paper.
iv) successfully deposit the ballot paper in the little box.

I'm rather sceptical.

It’s a good observation. People in Newcastle do have difficulty with reading and writing 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic