You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:06am
Currently trying to break Real and Barca's stranglehold on La Liga with Malaga. Won't be long before I mount a serious title assault
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:08am
Sacked in the morning,your getting sacked in the morning,sacked in the morning!
Theres only one sport that matters..
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:10am
Its horrible the way they count how long you've played each game, it really is information you dont need to know! I remember there was one year a few years back where my play counter was at about 5 or 6 days in total Shocked
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:11am
"That smell is your dinner burning"
"Don't forget to shower"

Edited by JH91 - 01 Dec 2011 at 9:11am
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:28am
"When was the last time you changed underwear"

Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:37am
15 days of gameplay !!  Its so sad but its worth it ! 6 the Serie A in a row on the way and just beat Blackburn in the 2024 champions league 1/4 final Big smile
Why no wine??!
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

15 days of gameplay !!  Its so sad but its worth it ! 6 the Serie A in a row on the way and just beat Blackburn in the 2024 champions league 1/4 final Big smile

Now that is absolute dedication to the cause, Legend Clap
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:45am

Jeesus, it's been so long since I was addicted...Used up a vast amount of my late teens playing manager games.  Without doubt, the most addictive thing I've ever come across - and that includes blowjobs and weed!

The games were so detailed around 1996-1998 that I can't even begin to imagine what they are like now!  It probably takes a couple of hours to clear one match these days, does it?  I was a stickler for every milimetre of detail when I played those games....would love to have a crack at the current game, but I'd need to add an extra few hours to the day!

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:50am
It is unbelievable amount of detail in it nowadays. The amount of work that must go into making them every year. There is a tutorial that you'd have to watch to grasp it if you've not played since around 98, it's like a completely different game! You'd love it though...
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Now that is absolute dedication to the cause, Legend Clap
Still a few real players knocking around too !! Jack Wilshere plays in my midfield , 32 years old .

Im totally addicted , getting to bed at all hours and being wrecked in work all day , I would scrap the methodone program in Ireland and get every Junkie a copy of this game , no more Heroin !Clap
Why no wine??!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:06am
Can ye get one of these for iPhone app?
Used to play this as a nipper
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:09am
Have been thinking of asking santa for this game, havent played it properly in 3 or 4 years.
But after reading this I am deo gonna get it.
Read it 3 times before posting
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:09am
It took me 6 years to do a 4 year degree thanks to this game!...i was slowly going insane due to lack of social life!...i read up on it when i was in college,it actually should have a health warning!!....there are some harrowing stories on the net where people have lost everything due to this game,plotting ways to get the game away from them,getting friends to hide it,destroy it etc...mad stuff!!
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Can ye get one of these for iPhone app?
Used to play this as a nipper

coming soon...but I doubt it has anywhere near the detail of the pc version. haven't tried it myself mind.

http://www.footballmanager.com/games?game_version=ios

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 3:53pm
This is gonna be my 1st FM in 4 years as I'm getting a new laptop at christmas so my social life is over it seems! Southampton for Champions League in 5 years is the aim!Thumbs Up
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 4:58pm
Cost me a minimum 50 points in d leavin. 4-1-2-1-2, that formation brought me some success through the years, Champions League Semi with Rushden and Diamonds in CM 00-01 was the pinnacle of my career. 2 lads started that game started the first game of my reign in the conference 7 seasons previous. The memories.....
Living for Away days
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 5:06pm
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 5:33pm
Just thinking last one i played was 05 i think wen it changd to fm, and it was 2012 when i won the euros with ireland then beaten wc finalists. Alan malone i think was the name of my star striker wit keaneo with him, kieran richardson was playing lb for me 2!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic