You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football Manager - PC Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 7:38am
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>When you take over a club what do you do?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></span>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'><o:p> </o:p></span>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>I tend to sell nearly all the squad and only keep young good players. Get rid of all the coaches etc. and bring in my own. Spend hours then going through the lower leagues of countries looking for bargains. I’m a flat 4-4-2 man all the way though.<o:p></o:p></span>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'><o:p> </o:p></span>

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;'>Think I was with Waterford united in season 12 when I won the champions league with the average age of the team about 23. Dominated then for year after. <o:p></o:p></span>

I have my own coaching staff as well. Also get rid f the sh*te youngsters and replace them with Irish kids.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 8:39am
Haven't played a game like this is years, the last one would have being championship manager Italia 95 or games of that generation. I've being toying with getting the 2014 version for a while now, its it worth it tho some of the Amazon reviews are less than complimentary.
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Came home drunk one night and fired on my Hoffenheim game in FM2011. Woke up the following morning having signed both Maicon and Luis Suarez and the Bundesliga in the bag. 

The best part of my League 2 title win with AFC Wimbledon in 2012/13 was done under the influence Thumbs Up

Edited by Del-Piero - 05 Dec 2013 at 8:41am
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 8:43am
Rushden & Diamonds in CM 00/01 was my greatest achievement.

They get £1m to spend in the conference of which you only really need about 50k-100k to get promoted. Astute loan signings key as well as the capture of Taribo West on a free and Kevin Pilkington in net. Leo Fortune-West for 30k was my top scorer as i gained successive promotions to the old 1st Division via automatic places. 

Took me three years to get out of the 1st by which time i was putting faith in experience and had aging rivaldo, bergkamp and Ginola on my books! Won the FA Cup in this time and finally progressed to the Premier League where the real cash rolled in. Never won the Prem but after 2 years got Champions League football, reaching the Semi-Finals. 

In all this time I had two original players from the Conference as regulars. They started off worth approx 50k and could never sell them. When i eventually stopped playing the game they were both worth nigh on £20m....... Needless to say the Junior Cert bore the brunt of my exertions. Told my mam to hide the CD rom 6 weeks beforehand and found it like a junkie LOL

Fun times........
Living for Away days
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 9:31am

Many a long a summers,autumns,winters...you get my drift spent playing this. 01/02 Season

Greatest Achievement and most remembered time was taking Bristol rovers from Division 3 to Champions League final in 6 years then got offered Barcelona job and went on to do the Treble three times in a row,would have done four but lost champions league final to Juventus in last minute of extra time Broken Heart
Had a short spell in International management with Ireland getting to 1/2 finals of Euros but failed to qualify for World Cup and got sacked.

Had a short spell 1 season at Inter Milan won Serie A  by 15 points and won UEFA cup before getting Germany job after the aforementioned WC.

Won the next Euros and WC.

Greatest Signing had was between Kim Kallstrom or  Lad name Mark Kerr formed the center of my Glorious Barca team which I still to this day remember :-) 4-3-3 formation

Landreau-Puyol-Mexes-Christianval-Emerton-Xavi-Kallstrom-Kerr-Saviola-Kluivert-Rivaldo.

Used to have A4 pads of tactics and scout reports on players stats. Never got dressed up in a suit though was more of Tracksuit manager during my years of Barca would wear the full Barca tracksuit while playing.

Good times :-)
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 9:51am
Kerr was never good for me in the big leagues. Cry

Andrei Sigporrson was the main man as striker aswell until he got to the premiership.

Tonton Zola Moukouko was the best signing for me. Attacking mid wid a small arrow pointing forwards
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Kerr was never good for me in the big leagues. Cry

Andrei Sigporrson was the main man as striker aswell until he got to the premiership.

Tonton Zola Moukouko was the best signing for me. Attacking mid wid a small arrow pointing forwards

Heart
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:17am
AKA pedantic kunt
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Haven't played a game like this is years, the last one would have being championship manager Italia 95 or games of that generation. I've being toying with getting the 2014 version for a while now, its it worth it tho some of the Amazon reviews are less than complimentary.

Get on it mate.
I might buy a new pc to play this stuff. my laptop didnt support the last one i bought and i fell out of the loop need to get back on it.
Great for passing the winter and actually keeps you out of the pub and is a healthy option Confused
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:34am
Ibrahim Bakirciouglu....... Fine player.
I think it was CM 03 in which Ireland were f**king boss. Would get to world cup and euro semis quaters for about a decade being run by the computer.
coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:58am
Anthony Van Den Borre was a must in 06 for 250k, once you signed him think his value went up to 6 mill
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 11:08am
Dale Watkins used to be a great cheap option form Cheltenhamthink it was, get 30+ a season no matter what league you were in.

I got the latest one recently, hadn't played in a while. game with Derby County, got promoted after sneaking into playoffs in 6th place and beating Watford at Wembley. Struggling badly in premiership though, 1 draw and 5 losses so far. Its proper Billy Davies with Derby, we went up too soon, not ready for prem. Signed Seamus Coleman for 4.5 mil, he is disappointingly crap. Will Hughes is a little gem of a player though. 

Enjoying it so far anyway.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 11:17am
Kennedy Bakircioglu was a beast.

as was fake superstar To Madeira I think some FM "scout" put himself in the game.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 05 Dec 2013 at 11:19am
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 12:46pm
Won Euro 12' with Ireland in FM 2012....Adam Rooney with a brace to win in Extra Time against Ze Germans!
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 12:54pm
Champions League victory with Celtic with a midfield consisting of Lampard, Juninho (Lyon version), and Joe Cole...who the following season I sold to Barcelona for £95M Clap
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 1:02pm
Gareth jellyman and Simon Davies from Peterborough were unbelievable cheap signings back in the day !
Why no wine??!
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 1:04pm
Lads dressing up in suits. Wacko That would be like me sitting in full fatigues with a fake gun on my shoulder playing Modern Warfare or Call Of Duty. LOL 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Gareth jellyman and Simon Davies from Peterborough were unbelievable cheap signings back in the day !

brilliant signings
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic