You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football Manager - PC Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Football Manager - PC Game
    Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 2:03pm
Any of the YBIG crew play Football Manager? If so what's your greatest achievement? 

For some reason I love a bit of international management instead of big long club seasons. Getting Jamaica to the 1/4 finals of the 2014 World Cup was a great moment. Managing San Marino and beating Montenegro away in a WC qualifier was great along with getting a 1-1 against Denmark. 

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 4:48pm
I love fm. Been playing it since before the split with champman. Bout 20years now.
It's a bit too easy realy so the last few years I like to play the llama style. no transfer list searching, no tipping, no editor or premade tactics, only sign players you can scout and start as sunday league footballer and unemployed or at a team in the lowest division.

Some Highlights include qualifying Ayr for the uefa cup, saving Tralee Dynamos from relegation then getting them to the uefa qualifiers in 4 seasons, Winning the 1st and premier with Athlone town and getting to europe with Go ahead Eagles all in the same game.

Won the world cup with Cameroon and qualified with Algeria and still couldn't get the Ireland job ahead of f**king Owen Coyle.

In my current game (FM2013) (possibly my most successful) I have won the brasilian 3rd division and state with Brasilenense, the 2nd with Guarani and then Serie B with Hellas Verona and survived in Serie A. I then went to FC Den Bosch and won the Dutch Cup Thumbs Up (beating Ajax in the semi 4-3) and got promoted via the playoffs. I'm now at Udinese but I'm thinking of getting 2014 and starting that.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 4:58pm
Back i FM 2006 I got Melfi from Serie C2 to Serie B in succesive promotions, where upon I left for the moneybags of Genoa, go them to Champo league but stopped playing then. Won everything in tat game with Atletico as well, although I inherited an Aguero-Torres strikeforce. Remember spending 47.5 million on Lahm even though I didn't really need a right back, ah the memories...
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by coleman's coleman's wrote:

Back i FM 2006 I got Melfi from Serie C2 to Serie B in succesive promotions, where upon I left for the moneybags of Genoa, go them to Champo league but stopped playing then. Won everything in tat game with Atletico as well, although I inherited an Aguero-Torres strikeforce. Remember spending 47.5 million on Lahm even though I didn't really need a right back, ah the memories...
I remember one year buying Saviola and Aimar from river plate for Athletico. Won everything for fecking years.

some great stories in it. Like the guy who dressed up in suit for a cup final and someone that got divorced because of excessive FM playing.

IG @flanno_7hi
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 5:33pm
I haven't played FM in about 4 or 5 years. I used to be addicted big time to it. No time to play anymore with the kids. If I ever win the lotto and don't need to work I'll get back to playing.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 5:40pm
a uni mate of mine took FM to extremes. He did a 20-season Yeovil campaign. Got them to the FA CUp final once during that time and got suited and booted to play the thing. Utter oddball from Antrim. He also had a collection of swords. Confused
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 6:18pm
Lads is the PC game any different to the Apple app on iPad ?
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 6:54pm
Is a whole different planet.
IG @flanno_7hi
coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 7:22pm
probably the most addicitve game I've played. wasted so many summers in my teens, looking out the window at the sun, hitting spacebar for hours on end! I remember I played it one day from 10am and the mother came home at 5, I'd only had a pint of water in all that time and a few biscuitsDead, thank god I've grown up a bit
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

a uni mate of mine took FM to extremes. He did a 20-season Yeovil campaign. Got them to the FA CUp final once during that time and got suited and booted to play the thing. Utter oddball from Antrim. He also had a collection of swords. Confused

I see this all the time I think it's hilarious in a sad way LOL

I love International Management on the game, I always start with a lower-league club - Preferably North east one like Gateshead or Blyth Spartans + Ireland
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 7:28pm
I used to play premier manager back in 1998 and thought it was brilliant when it came out.It was actually very basic compared to the extremely detailed pc  manager games.Nowadays with the master league on  pes and career mode on fifa, i find there's enough of the management features there for you to enjoy while actually getting to play the games.They'll never be as detailed but at least you'r in control more of the team when you're playing as them imo
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:22pm

His name isn't Ian is it? There's a lad on the SI forum from the north with a similar story and team.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 04 Dec 2013 at 9:22pm
IG @flanno_7hi
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

His name isn't Ian is it? There's a lad on the SI forum from the north with a similar story and team.

his names Brian.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I used to play premier manager back in 1998 and thought it was brilliant when it came out.It was actually very basic compared to the extremely detailed pc  manager games.Nowadays with the master league on  pes and career mode on fifa, i find there's enough of the management features there for you to enjoy while actually getting to play the games.They'll never be as detailed but at least you'r in control more of the team when you're playing as them imo
why I like it is because you can't play the games. Otherwise if you are a crap manager but a decent player you will always win.   
IG @flanno_7hi
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:31pm

Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

his names Brian.

Must just be loads of eejits like him Haha
IG @flanno_7hi
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 1:40am
ha many times i have gotten suited and booted for a cup final ! 

having an imaginary press conference while lying in bed .............
Why no wine??!
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 2:25am
Came home drunk one night and fired on my Hoffenheim game in FM2011. Woke up the following morning having signed both Maicon and Luis Suarez and the Bundesliga in the bag. 
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 3:53am

When you take over a club what do you do?

I tend to sell nearly all the squad and only keep young good players. Get rid of all the coaches etc. and bring in my own. Spend hours then going through the lower leagues of countries looking for bargains. I’m a flat 4-4-2 man all the way though.

Think I was with Waterford united in season 12 when I won the champions league with the average age of the team about 23. Dominated then for year after.

The main thing is not to panic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic