You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football Documentaries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Yeah I have a gra for Argentina and their football also. I was over there in January for a few weeks. Went to see Racing Club play. 

Boca have banned tourists from the ground which is fair enough. I'd been to the games there in the past though. Even the stadium tour is superb. I can't think of another club globally who invest as much socially into their local area than Boca, it's amazing. 

Is that due to crowd trouble?

worked with a lad who is an Independiante fan has told me some stories of derbies against Racing.
Their stadiums (as you probably seen) are literally across the road from each other

No, the Boca president is stopping ticket touting and wants to maintain the atmosphere in the ground. He says that tourists can go to the club museum and learn about their history there. He wants real supporters in the Bombonera. They have a huge waiting list of actual fans who can't get into the games so I can't argue with his philosophy at all (although I tried everything I could to get a ticket!).

I got an Uber back into the city after the Racing game and the driver happened to be one of their Ultras. He said he was mates with Lisandro Lopez and was showing me pics of them boozing together at a BBQ. I asked about the Independiente rivalry. He immediately shushed me and said I was not to mention that word in his car Smile  We had ordered the Uber from a petrol station a bit of a walk from the ground, he said if we had been wearing red when he showed up then he would have knocked us down. He was joking. I think. The quality of the game wasn't great but I loved the stadium. It's like a Colosseum with steep seating and a moat around the pitch. Their fans are very passionate. 

El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:31pm

Yeah I have a gra for Argentina and their football also. I was over there in January for a few weeks. Went to see Racing Club play. 

Boca have banned tourists from the ground which is fair enough. I'd been to the games there in the past though. Even the stadium tour is superb. I can't think of another club globally who invest as much socially into their local area than Boca, it's amazing. 

worked with a lad who is an Independiante fan has told me some stories of derbies against Racing.
Their stadiums (as you probably seen) are literally across the road from each other

No, the Boca president is stopping ticket touting and wants to maintain the atmosphere in the ground. He says that tourists can go to the club museum and learn about their history there. He wants real supporters in the Bombonera. They have a huge waiting list of actual fans who can't get into the games so I can't argue with his philosophy at all (although I tried everything I could to get a ticket!).

I got an Uber back into the city after the Racing game and the driver happened to be one of their Ultras. He said he was mates with Lisandro Lopez and was showing me pics of them boozing together at a BBQ. I asked about the Independiente rivalry. He immediately shushed me and said I was not to mention that word in his car Smile  We had ordered the Uber from a petrol station a bit of a walk from the ground, he said if we had been wearing red when he showed up then he would have knocked us down. He was joking. I think. The quality of the game wasn't great but I loved the stadium. It's like a Colosseum with steep seating and a moat around the pitch. Their fans are very passionate. 

Thats an interesting approach compared to Europes money grabbing elite clubs 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 6:12pm

You could say its kinds like a chocolate box 
AKA pedantic kunt
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:41pm
Not a documentary but ITV have put up highlights of the Liverpool Arsenal decider from 1989

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 8:07am

The league hadn't started back when I was there in July but an Argie friend of mine managed to get one of his friends (a season ticket member) to give us a tour around the stadium. Was interesting listening to the stories of the rivalries within Boca between players and managers, and between Riquelme and Maradona.

Can only imagine what it would be like to experience the atmosphere on match days, both outside and inside the ground. It's class the way when you start getting near the ground, everything is just blue and yellow; buildings, electrical boxes, etc.

They are fanatical (the fella who gave us the tour was a doctor but was an Ultra LOL) but my friend reckons the Uruguayans are the most fanatical in SA. Not a place I would have considered tbh.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 8:45am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The league hadn't started back when I was there in July but an Argie friend of mine managed to get one of his friends (a season ticket member) to give us a tour around the stadium. Was interesting listening to the stories of the rivalries within Boca between players and managers, and between Riquelme and Maradona.

Can only imagine what it would be like to experience the atmosphere on match days, both outside and inside the ground. It's class the way when you start getting near the ground, everything is just blue and yellow; buildings, electrical boxes, etc.

They are fanatical (the fella who gave us the tour was a doctor but was an Ultra LOL) but my friend reckons the Uruguayans are the most fanatical in SA. Not a place I would have considered tbh.
I would love to go and see a game between Penarol and Nacional myself. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 1:59pm
Watched the South American one there, very good. Love Maradona taking the piss out of Shilton at the start, and he was 100% right in his claims if he had pulled the ball back from just over the line he would't have rushed to the ref to say nope it was goal
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 2:33pm

Watched the South American one there, very good. Love Maradona taking the piss out of Shilton at the start, and he was 100% right in his claims if he had pulled the ball back from just over the line he would't have rushed to the ref to say nope it was goal
Owen cheated in '98 and it is hardly mentioned.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Cheers on the link for Howard’s way.  Excellent documentary. Politics music and football and drinking it has it all. 

Best player in the team.  Sheedy or Southall in my opinion.  

Thought Kevin Ratcliffe and Paul Power were great that season as well.

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 02 Apr 2020 at 6:58pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Owen cheated in '98 and it is hardly mentioned.
Was it 98 or 02 that he dived or both ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:10pm
Having had another look, it was both. I didn’t remember 2002 being so bad. He was some man for it! England have produced some brilliant cheats over the years! Gerrard was the worst I have seen it for it, but Owen is right up there with him.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 8:37am
Didn’t crouch blatantly yank the ponytail of the Trinidad and Tobago defender when they scored in their opening wc game in Germany I think 

Still T & T were piss poor , the fastest they moved was at full time with 3 or 4 running over to get Beckhams shirt IIRC 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Didn’t crouch blatantly yank the ponytail of the Trinidad and Tobago defender when they scored in their opening wc game in Germany I think 

Still T & T were piss poor , the fastest they moved was at full time with 3 or 4 running over to get Beckhams shirt IIRC 

As blatant a bit of cheating as you'll ever see LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 10:41am

In my mind, there is good and bad cheating. That falls in the good cheating category. 
El Puto Amo
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:04am
Some decent doc on the FIFA Channel

One about the 2010 WC seems interesting

In terms of Crouch , think he said on his podcast that he never intended or realised he had pulled your mans hair until he seen the replay back , believe what you may
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:15am

In my mind, there is good and bad cheating. That falls in the good cheating category. 
It certainly doesn’t feel comparable to diving or feigning injury. 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 2:07pm
there was a good documentary on bt sport the other night - it was about the links between corinithians, brazil and the original corinithians in london, who are now a non-league club, worth a watch. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 3:29pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic