You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Foot.ie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt the Shamrock Rovers board ask for their members to pay their subs in 2008 and 2009...

People paid multi-year memberships up front at one point to cover legacy debts from the pre-examinership period. It had absolutely nothing to do with the current fans run administration.
Sponsored Links

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Sonny Sonny wrote:

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt the Shamrock Rovers board ask for their members to pay their subs in 2008 and 2009...

People paid multi-year memberships up front at one point to cover legacy debts from the pre-examinership period. It had absolutely nothing to do with the current fans run administration.

LOL LOL I forgot, sure that was when ye started your new club so of course its nothing to do the the new administration and new fans. Look the fans were asked for a dig out to pay their players. This is just over 2 years ago and youre having a go at us. No offecne but ye're full of crap. Embarrassed

Sonny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:25pm

LOL LOL I forgot, sure that was when ye started your new club so of course its nothing to do the the new administration and new fans. Look the fans were asked for a dig out to pay their players. This is just over 2 years ago and youre having a go at us. No offecne but ye're full of crap. Embarrassed

Erm it was six years ago, and I don't think it is a secret that a load of dirty rats ran the club into the ground and nearly killed it. We stopped them.

There are a lot of parallels between the Rovers boards of that era and your two-bob parish operation yous are running now.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:41pm
Eh no. 6 years ago would be 2006, not 2009.

Your fans dug out the club to pay the players. End of. Short memories some Shams fans have I tell ya. And what would you know about how our club is run, I'll tell ya, nothing.

This is why people dont like Shams fans. Short memories and a were beter than ye attitude.

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:50pm
Hold up. We have 450 odd members who have either payed or direct debit €600 per annum. Season tickets and assorted sweeties are included. That money is used to run the club and accounted for in our books. Same setup with Bohs.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with what Sligo arecurrently at which is asking fans to pay MORE money to keep the club afloat.

Now the cynic in me would suggest the new board have found a hole or are not willing to continue an expenditure
Sonny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:51pm

Eh no. 6 years ago would be 2006, not 2009.

Your fans dug out the club to pay the players. End of. Short memories some Shams fans have I tell ya. And what would you know about how our club is run, I'll tell ya, nothing.

This is why people dont like Shams fans. Short memories and a were beter than ye attitude.

The five year memberships were taken out in 2006 to pay legacy debts from the examinership. Is that difficult to grasp?

I know plenty about your absolute shambles of an operation. Pharmacists paying players wages, paying players in groceries, stealing money from other clubs by underestimating cup attendances, allowing the players dictate who hands them their contracts, blowing player budgets on 14 players, bucket collections, leave your season ticket at home games..........I could sit here all night.

Tin pot club from a tin pot town. Enjoy it before the house of cards collapses.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:03pm
In 2006 they paid a 5 year membership and in 2008 and 2009 then were asked to pay sub players wages. SOunds like a dig out to me Sonny.

All ye need to know is that we have made a profit for the last 4 seasons. But thanks for your level of concern on how our club is run. Thumbs Up

The only thing for sure is this place is going the way of foot.ie. The only difference is that there is mainly SHams fans on here as opposed to foot.

Sonny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:11pm

In 2006 they paid a 5 year membership and in 2008 and 2009 then were asked to pay sub players wages. SOunds like a dig out to me Sonny.

All ye need to know is that we have made a profit for the last 4 seasons. But thanks for your level of concern on how our club is run. Thumbs Up

The only thing for sure is this place is going the way of foot.ie. The only difference is that there is mainly SHams fans on here as opposed to foot.

Where are you gettin this 08/09 sh*te from?

Your books are about as believable as your cup attendance figures. Sure Joey spent the last few years working behind the counter of a chemistLOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:23pm

Forget the 5 year membership. Did the members dig out the club by paying the sub players in 2008 and 2009? Thats all Im wondering?

Its amazing how the Shams attitude has changed toward us in recent years. Fans always have a soft spot or some sort of respect for another club. But as soon as they start puting it up against them all they want to do is discredit and belittle their eforts. It really is sad.

Sonny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:31pm

Forget the 5 year membership. Did the members dig out the club by paying the sub players in 2008 and 2009? Thats all Im wondering?

Its amazing how the Shams attitude has changed toward us in recent years. Fans always have a soft spot or some sort of respect for another club. But as soon as they start puting it up against them all they want to do is discredit and belittle their eforts. It really is sad.

No.

The second point is fairly obvious, although aside for appreciation for the solidarity in Milltown, I don't really recall anyone having any feelings toward Sligo either way.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:41pm
The answer is no GTS and I have never even heard the rumour otherwise.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:47pm

No.

The second point is fairly obvious, although aside for appreciation for the solidarity in Milltown, I don't really recall anyone having any feelings toward Sligo either way.

Oh right. So what the hell is the obbsession at having a go and making up tribe now then apart from the fact that ye cant stand why a club from a small town down the country is puting it up to ye!!!

It really is a sense of great ammusement between Sligo Rovers fans how ye pick over every little thing we seem to do. Keep up the good work lads!

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

The answer is no GTS and I have never even heard the rumour otherwise.

Fair enough, maybe Im remembering somthing differently.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 10 Apr 2012 at 11:49pm
Sonny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:56pm

No.

Oh right. So what the hell is the obbsession at having a go and making up tribe now then apart from the fact that ye cant stand why a club from a small town down the country is puting it up to ye!!!

It really is a sense of great ammusement between Sligo Rovers fans how ye pick over every little thing we seem to do. Keep up the good work lads!

There were people from every club questioning your need for a donation to plug a budgetary shortfall. The same goes for when committee members were making public pronouncements about taking financial risks to achieve success.

Considering the recent history of the league, I don't think it's surprising in the slightest that everyone is wary of a club of Sligo's size competing where they are.

Edited by Sonny - 10 Apr 2012 at 11:57pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 12:15am

The recent history you talk about is based on sugar daddy and cash happy banks tho Sonny.

The reason were competing is simple. People dont seem to realise how much Sligo Rovers is embbeded in the community of Sligo and how much they are loved. The amount of hard work that our fans put into this club people cant even imagine.

Anyway dont let me interup ye picking away at every little thing we do. As I said, a great ammusement to SLigo Rovers fans.

The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 3:31pm

good to see this thread didn't go way off topic in less then 3 pages

FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 3:54pm
Back to the point. Been on it there this morning and I thought it was muck. Long live ybig
Chips don't bounce
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

good to see this thread didn't go way off topic in less then 3 pages

After reading the last page or 2 and then this post, I actually had to go back up and look at what the thread topic was LOL

Edited by Max Power - 11 Apr 2012 at 4:01pm
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic