You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fooking car hire companies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Got stung in Italy.

First they gave me a car I'd not ordered and then had to pay an extra 35 because it was diesel.

Then when I dropped it back there was sand on the seat - 38e cleaning fee.

The more I argued the more into detail he looked.

A tiny little mark on the bonnet then cost me another 300e.

Jaysus.. just say no. Ive hired cars mostly in Engerland,but also Spain and Cyprus.Never had an issue. Just tell the **** the car is in sh*t when you get it. I actually scribbled all over the inspection paperwork one time in Majorca. That **** knew he was not getting a red cent. Surprised at you HB being taken for a mug

They said to me don't take the car if you don't want to - buy you still have to pay for the next 3 days hire as part of the agreement.

Then what do I do?

I've 5 suitcases and 5 bags and currently 2km from the airport. They know dam well I'll take the car.

Ultimately what happened was that I didn't take their insurance so they were going to make me pay for it. They inspected the car with a fine tooth comb and they found a dent and made me pay for it.

I've put in a claim for what I paid with carhireexcess.com - will I get a refund or not I don't know but they are kicking that can down the road.

Lesson learned - I'd never take a car without taking the full insurance again.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:44pm
I am hiring a car in Manchester on Thursday. Took out the carhireexcess.com again as it saved me about 50 euro.  I emailed Blue insurance who own carhireexcess.ie to make sure I am covered for any dents or scratches and they said I am. You should be covered but will have to go to the hassle of reclaiming. Do you have any receipts or photos etc?

These carhire companies are crooks plain and simple.

Edited by Trap junior - 11 Aug 2018 at 9:45pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:00pm
Yes to both.
I'm led to believe that carhireexcess will make things difficult during the claim process and drag it out etc..and can take approx 6 months.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yes to both.
I'm led to believe that carhireexcess will make things difficult during the claim process and drag it out etc..and can take approx 6 months.

6 months? Shocked

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Anyone on here have experience with interrent in Faro? 
Just booked with them and they were way cheaper than anybody else....red flag but going to risk it

Appreciated the advice that was on here before I left. Even with that though

Went with Interrent in Malaga. 

Have to say, I will probably just pay their 20 euro a day insurance next time.

Got a big upsell on their insurance which I declined as I had my own. Was told if I broke down or maybe a blowout on the motorway I wouldnt be looked after, they would take the car but not the people. I was told excess would be 2500. Block booked 800. 

Was told to go out and make notes of the marks. The car was parked in a dark spot. Took f**king ages.

When handed back, they went over it with a fine tooth  comb. Started pointing out marks, asked for photos, luckily I had the photos. They dont tell you to take photos when you first leave, luckily I was told here and seen it been done before

All in all way too much hassle for a man who is largely hungover. Couldnt relax and Id made 2 direct drives, and parked with loads of space around me .

Ill pay their insurance next time and damn the expense, so I can relax on holidays.

Edited by OohAah... - 13 Aug 2018 at 11:55am
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Anyone on here have experience with interrent in Faro? 
Just booked with them and they were way cheaper than anybody else....red flag but going to risk it

Appreciated the advice that was on here before I left. Even with that though

Went with Interrent in Malaga. 

Have to say, I will probably just pay their 20 euro a day insurance next time.

Got a big upsell on their insurance which I declined as I had my own. Was told if I broke down or maybe a blowout on the motorway I wouldnt be looked after, they would take the car but not the people. I was told excess would be 2500. Block booked 800. 

Was told to go out and make notes of the marks. The car was parked in a dark spot. Took f**king ages.

When handed back, they went over it with a fine tooth  comb. Started pointing out marks, asked for photos, luckily I had the photos. They dont tell you to take photos when you first leave, luckily I was told here and seen it been done before

All in all way too much hassle for a man who is largely hungover. Couldnt relax and Id made 2 direct drives, and parked with loads of space around me .

Ill pay their insurance next time and damn the expense, so I can relax on holidays.

I went with the full insurance as car companies are pure dodge these days.The only way I'd be able to relax was paying the extra.€200 in total for the week is enough for a feicing twingo!
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:46pm
If I has paid it Id have been able to relax. The way it was I was keen to get to the destination and back which was a pity as We couldve stopped in more places

Anyway if you havent picked it up yet, you can always cancel the policy
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 2:00pm
Renting in Manchester Airport on Thursday.  Have the carhireexcess,ie insurance but still nervous of the rental.   Despite my experience with Green Motion Liverpool (didnt get charged but got the car with no petrol in it) I have rented with them again as they are 50 euro or  more cheaper than the rest of the companies.  Going to give it the 110% going over beforehand but still you cant spot absolutely everything no matter how carefully you look.  Always the danger of some tiny chip or scratch happening on your journey too.  Fully expecting to be f**ked over.

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Renting in Manchester Airport on Thursday.  Have the carhireexcess,ie insurance but still nervous of the rental.   Despite my experience with Green Motion Liverpool (didnt get charged but got the car with no petrol in it) I have rented with them again as they are 50 euro or  more cheaper than the rest of the companies.  Going to give it the 110% going over beforehand but still you cant spot absolutely everything no matter how carefully you look.  Always the danger of some tiny chip or scratch happening on your journey too.  Fully expecting to be f**ked over.

Have never had a problem in the UK with rentals, they dont seem to be as eager to hunt for chips
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 4:55pm
Getting burned by a rental agency and using them again because they're slightly cheaper LOLConfused
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Getting burned by a rental agency and using them again because they're slightly cheaper LOLConfused

I didn't get burned.  Where did I say that?  I am wary of them because they charge over the odds for mileage (I'm only going 50miles so won't get me on that) and also the fuel tank was nearly empty when I picked it up and told me to bring it back empty which was the first time that has ever happened in 15 years of renting cars.  Struck me as a bit dodgy.  I'm willing to take a bit of a risk as they are so cheap and I have the carhireexcess insurance to bail me out if they screw me over.  Just worried that it will be a messy process to get reimbursed or that they will not pay out for some reason.

Paying 14 euro a day for the car as opposed to 60 sterling plus with the likes of Europcar etc so not 'slightly cheaper' as you make out.  Saving 50 euro. Just hope its worth the risk.  Got burned by Alamo in Gatwick years back so even if you go ''reputable'' you are still a sitting duck with these coonts.  Its all about the person you get on the day and if they are getting commission to find dents and scratches.  Some are fair enough and aren't too bothered unless there is obvious damage and some know where the smallest blemish is and go straight there and blame it on you. 

Edited by Trap junior - 14 Aug 2018 at 5:10pm

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:08pm
Have a look at easirent next time TJ. I've rented with them out of heathrow over a dozen times without the slightest issue. They are extremely cheap as well. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Have a look at easirent next time TJ. I've rented with them out of heathrow over a dozen times without the slightest issue. They are extremely cheap as well. 

Just did a search for them via Rentalcars.com 

With Easirent a ford fiesta at Manchester airport is 127.99 for 14 hrs (all I need it for) without insurance

On the Easirent website a ford fiesta is £105 for same date and time

For a Ford Fiesta with Greenmotion (although booked a couple weeks back)  was 18.75 euro for the same time frame and date.

Massive savings but just might be too good to be true.  Only rented once before off Greenmotion. Went ok but they havent great reviews online.  As I say I am hoping my carhireexcess insurance will bail me out of anything goes tits up.

kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:50am

Have paid full insurance and have collision damage waiver at €0.However having a quick look at the small print they are still looking to block €300 on my card.This is given back when the car is returned in the same condition I rented it in Confused

Full insurance and zero CDW has always been you can bring the car back in any condition and throw the keys over to them??
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Just did a search for them via Rentalcars.com 
With Easirent a ford fiesta at Manchester airport is 127.99 for 14 hrs (all I need it for) without insurance

On the Easirent website a ford fiesta is £105 for same date and time

For a Ford Fiesta with Greenmotion (although booked a couple weeks back)  was 18.75 euro for the same time frame and date.

Massive savings but just might be too good to be true.  Only rented once before off Greenmotion. Went ok but they havent great reviews online.  As I say I am hoping my carhireexcess insurance will bail me out of anything goes tits up.

I found the bit in bold hard to believe so had a look at what a 24hr rental would cost if I was to rent a car tomorrow with easirent at MAN.

Those prices would have been lower a few weeks back.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:58am
I checked on 2 websites last night and they were the prices quoted unless I somehow messed up the dates.

The Fiesta I rented with Greenmotion cost me 18.75 euro picking up at 07.30am-9.30pm 16 August.  Thats the price I paid.  Its now quoting 57 euro for the same car with Greenmotion.

Easirent is now quoting Fiesta at 41.35 euro.

Edited by Trap junior - 15 Aug 2018 at 10:59am

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:51am

Prices with easirent fluctuate based I guess on demand. Once I book a car with easirent I tend to go back and look at amending the reservation in the days and weeks after the initial booking. 

I reserved a Ford Focus class of car for the bank holiday at the end of August. I reserved the car for 3 days initially at a total cost of £72. I have since amended the booking without making any changes which initially reduced the price to £50. Did it again at the weekend and price came down to £40. Looked at it again this morning at the price has gone up to 80 quid so obviously just left it without accepting the "changes". I'll have a quick look at it again next week in the hope the price drops below 40 quid. Even at that price though its a good deal for unlimited mileage and 3 days hire.  
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 11:10am
How did you get on TJ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic