You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fooking car hire companies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

Got raped today by alamo car hire. Was in london for a couple of days. Rented out some vauxhall at gatwick. I think it may have been a meriva. Anyway gave it the once over to see if any dents in it that were unreported. There werent so i drove off.  Dropped it back earlier today in perfect nick. Handed the keys to the alamo girl that inspects for new damage.  She looks at it and says there was a black bit of plastic missing from the boot door. I didnt know what she was on about. She then compares it to the same model car with the strip. Only then do i realise that my car  hadnt got the strip when i picked it up. You wouldnt cop that it was supposed to have one.  She said since i hadnt reported it they would have to charge me. They have charged me 600 ponds sterling for this and have already charged it to my credit card.Angry I can appeal but i will be turned down.  I was fooking furious. Its all a scam.  The thieving fookers!!!!!!!Angry

get onto icebhoy 05. he will tell how how to deal with car hire companies in englandWinkLOL

Why what did he do?LOL

its been mentioned a few times in the "your funniest moment on tour" thread
cup champions
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 1:45pm
Any recommendations for car hire stateside - prefer the well known ones but any preference
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 3:45pm

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

You know you could have just got Annual European Excess Insurance for only €64! That would have solved your problem!!

Is this true? Or are you sitting on a river bank?

http://www.insurance4carhire.com/

http://www.carhireinsurance4u.com/

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 3:38pm
I ended up getting €550 back after fighting this for months.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 3:46pm

Good man TJ, I think the thing with these bastards is to not give in and wear them down. Took me about 3 months (for a far lesser amount). Why did they give in in the end?

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 3:46pm

Fair play to ye, only seeing this now, horrible kunts!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 3:49pm

Can you elaborate on how did you get that money back?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 3:53pm

fair play trap.

but unfortunately you're probably an exception as most people wouldn't bother fighting that long to get their money back. If I were you I wouldn't give up until you got the rest back too.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 4:00pm
I booked thru a website called carhire 3000. After battling directly with alamo/europcar and getting no joy I just thought I'd ring up carhire3000 to see what they thought. Turns out when I booked the car I was covered for car excess insurance with car hire 3000 even though I hadnt taken out the insurance to remove the excess at the europcar desk when i picked up the car.  They gave europcar 28 days to show a repair invoice for the silver trim (even though i hadnt damaged a thing) and asked them how they can justify taking €637 from my account. So thats how I got a refund. I might go after the rest.

Edited by Trap junior - 27 Aug 2010 at 3:33am

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 4:05pm

I booked thru a website called carhire 3000. After battling directly with europcar and getting no joy I just thought I'd ring up carhire3000 to see what they thought. Turns out when I booked the car I was covered for car excess insurance with car hire 3000 even though I hadnt taken out the insurance to remove the excess at the europcar desk when i picked up the car.  They gave europcar 28 days to show a repair invoice for the silver trim (even though i hadnt damaged a thing) and asked them how they can justify taking €637 from my account. So thats how I got a refund. I might go after the rest.

I thought it might some have something to do with fake drivers listed on he car insurance LOL
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 4:40pm
LOL

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:36pm
I am going to Birmingham for 2 days in a couple of weeks time.  I booked through a company called 'Interrent' or 'Autoeurope'.  Anyone have any experience of these lads?  I took out full insurance but fooking hate car rental companies as they are frequently scammers who try to catch you out with tiny scratches etc..

Even with full insurance I am wary of these bastards.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:41pm
Enterprise are the cheapest out there and you can get excellent deals, havent heard anyone complaining about them, we use them for getting a van for our golf sim.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:42pm
I rented a car last year in Italy and they gave me the keys and went through the car in good detail - the chassis was damaged underneath the car.

I went back in and told them and they marked it on the rental agreement, they could have nailed me proper if I hadn't of sussed it.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:45pm
Some of these cowboys are on commission to find damage I'm sure. Got done there 5 years back.  So I'm wary as f**k of these scheisters Horse.

Might have a look into Enterprise Bob.  Was googling Interrent and seems they have a shady reputation.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 11:06pm
I think with Enterprise if you book it early its very cheap but if you try it last minute then it's a lot more expensive. I'll chat to the fellah I work with as he books it and drives so he'd know better
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I rented a car last year in Italy and they gave me the keys and went through the car in good detail - the chassis was damaged underneath the car.

I went back in and told them and they marked it on the rental agreement, they could have nailed me proper if I hadn't of sussed it.

You slide under to have a looksie?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I think with Enterprise if you book it early its very cheap but if you try it last minute then it's a lot more expensive. I'll chat to the fellah I work with as he books it and drives so he'd know better

Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic