You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fooking car hire companies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 6:11am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

im not biting on that one

LOL
look all im saying is bits of black plastic arnt cheap anymore,not to mention the labour involved.....
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 6:18am
Solicitor, and as somebody mentioned, look for rental history, just make a real nuisance of your self for as long as possible, if there is a governinbody or association of car hire companies, complain like fook to them all
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 6:43am

Now about 7 years ago in Australia we rented a car just from Melbourne to Sydney we had to have it at the airport for 12 midday two days hence . Now seeing at the time we didn't have a credit card we had to put a $400 cash bond on it which would be given back to us when we returned the car . So got to Sydney around 11am and was told we don't have any money but if you take it to Kings Cross in the city they will have the cash for you . Now I told about the time thing and they said no worries ( as Aussies do ) so turn around 12.30 and Mr Poo face said eerrrrrr your late mate . No we were at the airport and they talked to you . No no no not me your going to have to pay the penalty . Mrs Claret said let me take care of this as she could see I was going to rip yer man's smiling head off , she got someone else involed behind the counter and we worked it out and left the shop . But me been me said outside who by this time had chewed through both of my lips said ohh wait a minute i left my pen in the shop I will just pop back and get it . Now I can't print what I said the the man but I left his have with both barrels without him ever getting a word in . Came back out as sai to Mrs Claret yer got the pen I  feel so much better for that It's only a cheap pen , hummmm yes I know with a smile on my face .  

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 7:06am
Im getting onto the car rental council of Ireland now and will take it from there.

AVOID ALAMO/EUROPCAR LIKE THE PLAGUE IS MY ADVICE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 7:56am
Best thing you can do when you rent out a car is get the hire company representative to stand by the car and photo the sh*t out of each side of it. It will cover you for things like that, plus it wrecks their head too and they'll think twice about trying to make a claim against you.

Not good for you now TJ but for the rest of ye, it can save you a fortune. Car Hire companies are complete fookers
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 8:00am
Ring Davy Crockett - he was the last one to win a battle with Alamo Dead 
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 8:07am
its kinda your own fault when you only have basic insurance cause you leave yourself open to this crap.when you rent a car take full cover that way the excess is zero and you can dent the sh*te out of them. it normally costs between 10 and 12 a day but this stuff wont happen then
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 8:44am
Originally posted by devondudley devondudley wrote:

its kinda your own fault when you only have basic insurance cause you leave yourself open to this crap.when you rent a car take full cover that way the excess is zero and you can dent the sh*te out of them. it normally costs between 10 and 12 a day but this stuff wont happen then

Im over in the UK up to 10 times a year. So gets very expensive taking out the extra insurance each time. if I actually did damage it would be no problem but i didnt put as much as a scratch on this thing.

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 8:49am

The few times I've rented cars abroad I've always paid cash, don't trust those dopes with my credit card.

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 8:50am
Use enterprise myself. Absolutely spot on so far .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:56am
Got an email off Europcar/Alamo this morning saying that I signed a contract and that I'll have to fork out €637.70.  I was on to the Car Rental Council of Ireland but they say I have to take it up with some equivalent organisation in the UK. I cant find any on the net. Any advice from the YBIG legal team?

Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 5:03am

Got an email off Europcar/Alamo this morning saying that I signed a contract and that I'll have to fork out €637.70.  I was on to the Car Rental Council of Ireland but they say I have to take it up with some equivalent organisation in the UK. I cant find any on the net. Any advice from the YBIG legal team?

Could try these guys Trap

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 5:13am
You know you could have just got Annual European Excess Insurance for only €64! That would have solved your problem!!
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 5:21am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

You know you could have just got Annual European Excess Insurance for only €64! That would have solved your problem!!
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 5:26am

Thanks Hornet I'll give em a try. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 5:36am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Is this true? Or are you sitting on a river bank?

DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 6:43am

Got raped today by alamo car hire. Was in london for a couple of days. Rented out some vauxhall at gatwick. I think it may have been a meriva. Anyway gave it the once over to see if any dents in it that were unreported. There werent so i drove off.  Dropped it back earlier today in perfect nick. Handed the keys to the alamo girl that inspects for new damage.  She looks at it and says there was a black bit of plastic missing from the boot door. I didnt know what she was on about. She then compares it to the same model car with the strip. Only then do i realise that my car  hadnt got the strip when i picked it up. You wouldnt cop that it was supposed to have one.  She said since i hadnt reported it they would have to charge me. They have charged me 600 ponds sterling for this and have already charged it to my credit card.Angry I can appeal but i will be turned down.  I was fooking furious. Its all a scam.  The thieving fookers!!!!!!!Angry

get onto icebhoy 05. he will tell how how to deal with car hire companies in englandWinkLOL
cup champions
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 6:46am
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

Got raped today by alamo car hire. Was in london for a couple of days. Rented out some vauxhall at gatwick. I think it may have been a meriva. Anyway gave it the once over to see if any dents in it that were unreported. There werent so i drove off.  Dropped it back earlier today in perfect nick. Handed the keys to the alamo girl that inspects for new damage.  She looks at it and says there was a black bit of plastic missing from the boot door. I didnt know what she was on about. She then compares it to the same model car with the strip. Only then do i realise that my car  hadnt got the strip when i picked it up. You wouldnt cop that it was supposed to have one.  She said since i hadnt reported it they would have to charge me. They have charged me 600 ponds sterling for this and have already charged it to my credit card.Angry I can appeal but i will be turned down.  I was fooking furious. Its all a scam.  The thieving fookers!!!!!!!Angry

get onto icebhoy 05. he will tell how how to deal with car hire companies in englandWinkLOL

Why what did he do?LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic