You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight cancellation, refund, compensation etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 12:35pm
Its actually 10%, not 20 that AL are offering on a voucher 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 4:44pm
Did anyone get their voucher yet?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 7:16am
Flights booked next month.....

Aer Lingus  Munich - Dublin

West Jet    Dublin -  Calgary

West Jet    Calgary  -Gatwick

Aer Lingus emailed me again this morning offering me the voucher with 20%, West Jet are refusing to refund but will put the price of the flights in a "Travel Bank " , to be used at a later date,i would much rather take the refund as i got great prices on them which doesn't happen very often.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 9:00am
got both my train refunds from Trainline Clap
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 2:11pm
Was supposed to fly to New York with Swiss at the end of this month but both flights are cancelled now. They are offering vouchers since even before it was cancelled but sure can get a full refund now? Anyone have any experience with them?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 8:19pm
Had a trip to Spain with Vueling booked for May, flight cancelled and full refund offered now.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Had a trip to Spain with Vueling booked for May, flight cancelled and full refund offered now.

Flight to Spain early may cancelled flight from Spain not yet 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Ryanair  - Trying to claim the refund and not the voucher but when I use the EU 261 form it says 'the application has already been submitted' and I definetly haven't applied for it as only notified the end of last week it was cancelled  .

Have used the form previously without any bother - eg Brat - Stansted

Are they forcing you to use the call centre  ?

Have at least 5 flights so I want the money
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:29am

Ryanair  - Trying to claim the refund and not the voucher but when I use the EU 261 form it says 'the application has already been submitted' and I definetly haven't applied for it as only notified the end of last week it was cancelled  .

They did the same to me. Filled in the form and requested a refund and Friday I got sent a voucher. Rats
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:35am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

They did the same to me. Filled in the form and requested a refund and Friday I got sent a voucher. Rats

slightly different point as I definelty didn't fill in the form
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 1:52pm

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

slightly different point as I definelty didn't fill in the form
Same here NR. Applied for a refund already and got the voucher email. Went to apply for the refund and the chat now option is a bot so no use. You can write to them but they’re doing everything they can to hold onto the cash so will force you to ring the pricey phone number. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 4:55pm
sham

I got onto a refund page with the option 'Refund' or 'EU261 Refund' went down the 'EU261 refund' route but it was asking for bank details after a page or 2 IBAN number and BIC number  I didnt have to hand so couldn't finish it

Not sure how I got to that page  - got numbers and applied this route  - obviously only entitled to a refund which is all I want but my 5 flights are coming out to about probably about 400 quid

Edited by Newryrep - 20 Apr 2020 at 5:24pm
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 6:24pm
I can't get onto the page NR is talking about which asks for your bank details. 5 flights booked with them in total, not all football so would like the dollars they promised. Funny they refunded one flight quickly, obviously changed tack and vouchers now. It says these are valid for a year, which I'd probably use anyways, but thought the government brought in a 5yr law for  vouchers  at Christmas time?

Plus when ye take into account the 3 games in the autumn which may change dates and some have flights for, could be another kick in the stones there. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 6:51pm
have a flight to Cologne booked on the 1st May not cancelled and their trying to get me to change it but will only allow change up to 31st august. Everything is shut down in Köln including hotels even though Ryanair are still taking bookings for hotels flutes.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If it's cancelled, you have to get your money back. If they go bankrupt, you should be able to do a chargeback on the credit card BUT you have to do that within six months of the payment afaik.
👍what if they try to ignore me,can I do anything re the payment. They seem to be trying to fob off folk
Raise a charge back immediately and you'll have have the funds back within 30 days. Phone your bank very early tomorrow morning(they have massive waiting times at the moment as they are struggling to get staff working from home and are closing branches) and say you wish to raise a dispute(chargeback) on a payment as it can't be delivered and the merchant isn't replying to your request for a refund. 
Bank saying Covid19 has changed things re charge backs and it’s not as easy to do! Any ideas ?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

I can't get onto the page NR is talking about which asks for your bank details. 5 flights booked with them in total, not all football so would like the dollars they promised. Funny they refunded one flight quickly, obviously changed tack and vouchers now. It says these are valid for a year, which I'd probably use anyways, but thought the government brought in a 5yr law for  vouchers  at Christmas time?

Plus when ye take into account the 3 games in the autumn which may change dates and some have flights for, could be another kick in the stones there. 

In the same boat though with Lufthansa re NL games 

Search for refund and it take you to timescales for refunds 

On the rhs it has refunds and eu261 refunds 

I went down the eu261 refund route which is different than the refund route which is what I used previously but that is now telling me the details have it’s already been used though I definitely didn’t apply that way for the Malaga flight as it was only recently cancelled 

I have no idea if it will work if it doesn’t I will call them from a work phone with all the details of my flights 
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 7:26pm
Fair play, I'll give it a lash and do the same. 

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 8:14pm
Have summer holiday booked in Italy, Ryanair have changed the flight home by 2 hours, sent me a link to click to accept the change. What happens if I don’t accept it? Can’t see me self going to Italy in July

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic