You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firhouse as an area to live...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:08pm
Where in Finglas you base yourself may have an impact on the amount of normality in your life. Everything is relative though. If you grew up in Baghdad or Basra, you might consider Finglas somewhat quiet. 

Ah in fairness, I think most of it is grand and is a handy commute to town. Along the same lines, have you looked at Crumlin?
El Puto Amo
mbyrne15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbyrne15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by mbyrne15 mbyrne15 wrote:

Thinking about buying in Finglas as thinking its a good central location not that far from everywhere Good bus routes aswell! What's It like as an area?

The Steerling Wheel there is a great spot for a late drink
Good stuff! Always handy to get a late drink sometimes! Meet the local characters!

Head up to Finglas for an afternoon if you get a chance and have a bit of a look around. Ask in the Wheel for Tommy Mac, absolute character alright.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Where in Finglas you base yourself may have an impact on the amount of normality in your life. Everything is relative though. If you grew up in Baghdad or Basra, you might consider Finglas somewhat quiet. 

Ah in fairness, I think most of it is grand and is a handy commute to town. Along the same lines, have you looked at Crumlin?
Haven't really thought about Crumlin even though a friend is buying there! Was never mad about that place just from driving through it! The Crumlin shopping centre was very bad for a while aswell not sure if it ever got renovated! Thanks will keep options open!!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 29 Jun 2017 at 4:24pm
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:06pm
I remember years back when Morrissey went to Crumlin to see where his parents came from. Not sure if he was impressed or not but he ended up living in a flat in Mountjoy Square for while in the 90's before moving to LA.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:31am

Thinking about buying in Finglas as thinking its a good central location not that far from everywhere Good bus routes aswell! What's It like as an area?

The Steerling Wheel there is a great spot for a late drink
Good stuff! Always handy to get a late drink sometimes! Meet the local characters!

Head up to Finglas for an afternoon if you get a chance and have a bit of a look around. Ask in the Wheel for Tommy Mac, absolute character alright.
Haha!! A legend of a man! Can drink all night!!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 01 Jul 2017 at 6:31am
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:04pm
The Speaker hasn't reopened yet and I'm starting to get worried. I've been told by a few people that Morton's wasn't going to be reopening but I was sure The Speaker would given the amount of food they do. Have heard 2 stories this week that it's being turned into Apartments or a petrol station (which to be fair is needed in Firhouse), I've gone to the extent of checking planning application and nothing on SDCC!! I need The Speaker back for afternoon & evening pints!! 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:09pm
Heard they were getting some refurbishment done?

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:14pm
Haven't seen any movement in or out of it, then again I haven't been on 24hr watch (yet). They don't really have a website for info. I'll ask around in the bookies tomorrow. Would be a massive loss if it didn't reopen.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:23pm
Sausy outside the Speaker in a few weeks if it hasn't re-opened

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:38pm

It's only a couple of hundred meters from my house and I've only spent a dozen or so nights in it (not busy at all at night) but many many afternoons have been spent in there. Are churches back open, can I go in and light a candle?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:08pm
Speaker opening on the 20th👍
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Speaker opening on the 20th👍

I'll buy you a pint that evening to celebrate Clap
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 4:13pm
There was a rumour too at the the start of the outbreak that Aherns, the mill and Scholars wouldn't be reopening.
Not that it would concern you Firhouse folk.

Was in Mortons once. A lad on a guitar singing in the corner for the night and someone on the way to the toilet asks him to play a request.
the guitar player stops mid song and starts shouting down the mic to the guy saying 'can't you see I'm singing here? don't interrupt me'
The whole pub turned even more silent.

Edited by darmack - 03 Jul 2020 at 4:15pm
The dark side.. And the light
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 5:36pm
Building going on behind the Mill,it won’t affect the pub
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 1:51pm
3 years on and I'm delighted I ended up in Bray over Firhouse, mainly due to having the seafront so close by, lockdown was a lot easier being able to go there each day! 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

3 years on and I'm delighted I ended up in Bray over Firhouse, mainly due to having the seafront so close by, lockdown was a lot easier being able to go there each day! 
Stop that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic