Firhouse as an area to live...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 7:00am

If money wasn't an object what town would you pick to live in lads ?

Barcelona
Same here.
Double Bay, Sydney or Noe Valley, San Francisco .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 7:25am

Lived in apartment right beside Super Valu for 5 years until I'd met Mrs FW. Was very happy there. Summer sees teenagers meeting on the green at the church but while some complained about them they never bothered me.

Grand spot Podge.

Podge will probably join them for cans anyway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 7:59am

If money wasn't an object what town would you pick to live in lads ?

Barcelona
Same here.

Double Bay, Sydney or Noe Valley, San Francisco .

New York

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 9:31am
Yeah Darren Geoghegan and Gavin Byrne were blown away in a car in nearby Carrigwood in 2005, Crumlin/Drimnagh feud.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:29am

Yeah Darren Geoghegan and Gavin Byrne were blown away in a car in nearby Carrigwood in 2005, Crumlin/Drimnagh feud.

Behind my mams gaff,remember it well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 12:05pm

Wouldn't mind somewhere like Firhouse/Ballycullen myself but for the other half it's still too close to my mam. 

Whipped

Ah no, she'd get herself a key cut and be up nearly every day.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 12:58pm

Wouldn't mind somewhere like Firhouse/Ballycullen myself but for the other half it's still too close to my mam. 

Whipped

Sure she could do the housework for ya while there Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 1:02pm

Whipped

Sure she could do the housework for ya while there Clap

And probably the dinner too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 2:43pm
I've lived here 26 of my 29 years. It's a grand spot. Not knackery like a lot of tallaght and not up its own hole like most of knocklyon. It's the perfect goldylocks situation if you ask me Speaker is fine, nothing special

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 2:52pm

I've lived here 26 of my 29 years. It's a grand spot. Not knackery like a lot of tallaght and not up its own hole like most of knocklyon. It's the perfect goldylocks situation if you ask me Speaker is fine, nothing special

Yeah but what about the fella's trek to Ballsbridge every morning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 4:27pm

Behind my mams gaff,remember it well

You never get done for it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:01am
Don't want to start another thread about other places to live but does anyone know what Cellbridge is like? Might have to broaden my search and it seems like a nice enough area, just wondering if there's any parts that aren't great?

Also Podge how's your search getting on?

Edited by darmack - 27 Jun 2017 at 9:07am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:25am
I read back a bit of the thread... I can't get around this sh*te of its too close to your parents . It's a load of bollox and I'm not criticising either as I hear the same sh*te from the O/H aswell .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:45am

Don't want to start another thread about other places to live but does anyone know what Cellbridge is like? Might have to broaden my search and it seems like a nice enough area, just wondering if there's any parts that aren't great?

Also Podge how's your search getting on?

The search is over Darmack, sale agreed on an apartment in Bray, will be signing the contracts later today Thumbs Up 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:59am
Fair play. That didn't seem to take too long for you.

As for me not wanting to live close to my mam it's because she's very controlling and a little bit nuts. Like most families there's always a bit of drama and that's why I wouldn't want to be living on her doorstep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 10:52am

I read back a bit of the thread... I can't get around this sh*te of its too close to your parents . It's a load of bollox and I'm not criticising either as I hear the same sh*te from the O/H aswell .
Mate of mine lives next door to his mother-in-law.

He says it's great because she's so close she never visits, his mot just pops next door.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 10:59am

Brother lived in Celbridge in Crodaun Forest Park and in Abbey Farm.

Celbridge is grand and quiet enough, scrotient level would be low.

Only bitch is the cost of a taxi from town as you cross the state line.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 11:20am

Fair play. That didn't seem to take too long for you.

As for me not wanting to live close to my mam it's because she's very controlling and a little bit nuts. Like most families there's always a bit of drama and that's why I wouldn't want to be living on her doorstep.

Yeah it wasn't too bad.

It's awful frustrating though when you're constantly getting into bidding wars, we actually ended up getting the highest bid on the apartment in Firhouse but it was ridiculous, back and forth with offers and counter offers for a few weeks, soul destroying stuff, it ended up 45k over the asking price!

The place we did get we got for the asking price and there was one other interested party that didn't want to enter a bidding war so left it to us, we were lucky really!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>