You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firhouse as an area to live...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Firhouse as an area to live...
    Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:47am
What's it like as a place to live?

Looking at buying a place next to the Supervalu - would it be quiet enough around there or full of scobies knacker drinking etc?

What's the Speaker Connolly like as a boozer?

Any advice appreciated.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:49am
Think there's one or two of the lads on here from that neck of the woods.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:56am
Sausy only moved in there a couple of Months ago around the corner from the speaker. Nice quiet mature area. Was in the Speaker with him the day after the housewarming, not much life in it tbh at that time although it was busy enough.... 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:57am

El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:00pm
I got this from the Lonely planet guide to Firhouse

"Violent crime in Firhouse is pervasive, both in the Speaker Connolly, and in the Shopping Centre area. The vicinity has one of the highest per-capita murder rates in the world. Armed robberies take place in broad daylight throughout the region, including areas generally presumed safe and frequented by tourists. A common technique is to choke the victim into unconsciousness and then rob them of all they are carrying. Well-armed criminal gangs operate with impunity, often setting up fake police checkpoints. Kidnapping is a particularly serious problem, with more than 1,000 reported during the past year alone. According to press reports at least 45 culchies were kidnapped in the first eight months of 2016. Investigation of all crime is haphazard and ineffective. In the case of high-profile killings, the authorities quickly round up suspects, but rarely produce evidence linking these individuals to the crime. Only a very small percentage of criminals are tried and convicted."
El Puto Amo
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:04pm
LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:05pm
I hear Firhouse is a magnet for pickpockets these days. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:06pm
LOL
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:07pm
You'll be grand Podge. Been living up in Jobstown for the last 2 years and that's a kip, without any issues.

Obviously there will be dirty little knackers up around there but you get that everywhere. Head down, keep yourself to yourself. I find that always helps. The ones that usually have the issues are the nosy busybodies that get involved in everyone's goings on.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:09pm

First day after you move into Firhouse, you have two options if you want to survive. Either batter one of the big lads in the area or else become someones bitch. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:13pm

Genuinely though, it's a grand area. Fairly quiet in general and a bit far out of the action in the city centre. The Old Mill is pretty close and that's lively enough. There's some nice parks and walks nearby. 
El Puto Amo
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:15pm
The Gerk lived there and moved out, that says all you need to know...but on the plus side he moved out of the area
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:47pm
Cheers for the posts folks (especially MC Hammered) Thumbs Up

I'd live anywhere without any worries really, I just want somewhere where herself would feel safe on her own or out at night.

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

You'll be grand Podge. Been living up in Jobstown for the last 2 years and that's a kip, without any issues.

Obviously there will be dirty little knackers up around there but you get that everywhere. Head down, keep yourself to yourself. I find that always helps. The ones that usually have the issues are the nosy busybodies that get involved in everyone's goings on.

Jaysus. It's hardly a ringing endorsement!
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:21pm
Morton's is grand for a sneaky pint, but stick to the bar. The lounge, and the pool tables especially, has been nicknamed 'Snorton's'.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:27pm
Top spot Podger Speaker was my local for many a year
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

The Gerk lived there and moved out, that says all you need to know...but on the plus side he moved out of the area

Prices going up so.
@AntrimMan85
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 3:49pm
Dublin kid.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic