You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finland Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

I’d like to see Jayson Molumby get a chance. He’s got great energy and good on the ball and is dynamic . Hourihane is too much of a luxury and hasn’t been great in general play attacking and defensively and is too slow 

We need either one of Hourihane or Brady in the side to take the set-pieces, surely?

How else are we going to score?
Out of Brady and Hourihane which do you think might offer more in general play?
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 4:10pm

I’d like to see Jayson Molumby get a chance. He’s got great energy and good on the ball and is dynamic . Hourihane is too much of a luxury and hasn’t been great in general play attacking and defensively and is too slow 

We need either one of Hourihane or Brady in the side to take the set-pieces, surely?

Own goal? 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 4:12pm

Given that we are going to play 4-3-3 with Connolly on the left: Hourihane.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:21pm

Given the system Hourihane would seem a more natural fit. That said, despite, like a number of other players, being obviously some way off full match fitness, even aside from he goal assist, Brady seemed to offer a bit more during his short time on the pitch and should probably be given the chance against Finland.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:30pm
Were they any good against Wales?
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:52pm
I see McG has joined up with the squad in Dublin.
Why did he miss the away trip?  Injury?  and if so, how is he back now and if he wasn't fit for yesterday why would we expect him to be fit for Sunday?

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:02pm
Foot injury.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:21pm
doubt McGoldrick starts coming back from injury and just joining up with the squad. Probably have him come off the bench. 
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:31pm
Got to give idah the nod, we all know what mcgoldrick offers, this lad is the future we should stick with him. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

If mcclean doesn't start on Sunday I think that would be a hard pill to swallow for the lad.

He's had a decent season for Stoke (ok I know its just Stoke)

He really hasn't. No one had a good season at Stoke. He was given the best of the absolute trash award and that's about it.
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:38pm
Slovakia battered by Czech Republic tonight, Good sign, after last night I was thinking we would need a small miracle to get to the Euros
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Got to give idah the nod, we all know what mcgoldrick offers, this lad is the future we should stick with him. 

The future is a game vs slovakia next month.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

Slovakia battered by Czech Republic tonight, Good sign, after last night I was thinking we would need a small miracle to get to the Euros

Good results from the North and Bosnia.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

According Dan McDonnell they were missing a good few players due to injury and COVID restrictions. Wouldn't read too much into it.

I'm sure Slovakia would have been encouraged based on what they saw of us last night, but likewise, they're also well aware Kenny's only had 2 training sessions.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 1:06am
Would like to see 

Randolph
Doherty Duffy Egan Stevens 
Mccarthy 
Hendrick Brady
Robinson Mcgoldrick Connolly 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 2:07pm
People talk about 3-5-2 making more sense in terms of accommodating Stevens, Egan, Doherty, and potentially Coleman, into a formation that suits them. But it would also mean not continuing to get diminishing returns with O'Dowda/Robinson whoever we stick on the right hand side. Playing McGoldrick and Connolly as a two might bear more fruit as well.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Were they any good against Wales?

I only saw highlights but not great. A 50-50 game and they created very little.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 2:36pm
The criticism O'Dowda is coming in for is bizarre, and as is so often the case the evaluation of his performance seems to have been decided before the game even begun. He was our best player in the 1st half by a distance and provided a genuine threat. The only negative I would have is that his style of play doesn't really suit Doherty's if they're playing on the same side; O'Dowda usually looks to drive inside which means he doesn't make much use of Doherty's overlapping runs.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
  Share Topic