You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 459460461
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Grinds my gears.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 21 minutes ago at 1:03pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Cold Pursuit - 1/10

Seems to be the standard role for Liam Neeson these days, getting revenge on those who murdered or abducted a family member. 

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Walked out after 40 minutes.
Leaving 'Schindler's List' aside of the debate, has he been any film that is worth watching the whole way through?

Michael Collins 
The Mission*
Batman Begins 
The Next Three Days*  

*he was in them at least ;)
Michael Collins was sh*te, although I did watch it through. I actually met Neeson in Clon as aresult. Nice fella, terrible actor.

I couldn't watch 'The Mission' all the way through, I thought it was awful. It had an excellent score though. He was a large part of that. He is just not very believable.
I don't understand Batman at all, especially the attempts to make them some sort of gritty noir.

I haven't seen 'The Next Three Days, but it is, supposedly a poor remake of a French film that I din't think much of.

Looking at his filmography, he has been in some awful sh*te.
you were probably told to leave an Irish centre one night but kept mouthing off and some big church going Gaa player f**ked you out the door hence your hatred for the Catholic Church and Gaa aswell!
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 7 minutes ago at 1:17pm
Suppose in the 90s he would have been considered a 'serious actor' with Schindler's List and the others mentioned and Phantom Menace would have been a step out of that.
But since Taken (which is 10 years old now) he has done a lot of repetitive stuff.
Saying that, I've heard a few reviews and they seem to think that Cold Pursuit is pretty decent.  
The dark side.. And the light
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 13 minutes ago at 2:11pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Cold Pursuit - 1/10

Seems to be the standard role for Liam Neeson these days, getting revenge on those who murdered or abducted a family member. 

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Walked out after 40 minutes.

Leaving 'Schindler's List' aside of the debate, has he been any film that is worth watching the whole way through?

Michael Collins 
The Mission*
Batman Begins 
The Next Three Days*  

*he was in them at least ;)

Michael Collins was sh*te, although I did watch it through. I actually met Neeson in Clon as aresult. Nice fella, terrible actor.

I couldn't watch 'The Mission' all the way through, I thought it was awful. It had an excellent score though. He was a large part of that. He is just not very believable.
I don't understand Batman at all, especially the attempts to make them some sort of gritty noir.

I haven't seen 'The Next Three Days, but it is, supposedly a poor remake of a French film that I din't think much of.

Looking at his filmography, he has been in some awful sh*te.

I thought Silence was very good, although it wouldn't be for everybody. Also, now that I think of it, he wasn't actually in it very much. I recently saw Widows and enjoyed it, albeit not as much as the reviews lead me to believe I would. Taken was very good. One of those movies where you leave your brain at the door and tell it that you'll collect it on the way out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 459460461
  Share Topic