You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 472473474475476 523>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:37pm
Watched Breakfast On Pluto at the weekend. A very bizarre but enjoyable movie with Cillian Murphy in a slightly different role than in Peaky Blinders 
8/10
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 2:12pm
Saw JoJo Rabbit as well over the weekend. I just seem to love everything that Taika Waititi does, direct or staring in.
The young actors and Sam Rockwell were very good too. 
The dark side.. And the light
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Saw JoJo Rabbit as well over the weekend. I just seem to love everything that Taika Waititi does, direct or staring in.
I really want to see this, I think the guy is brilliant.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Jojo Rabbit - Probably not for everyone but I thought it was the best comedy I've seen in years, 9/10

Comedy?

I just watched it this evening and didn't find it funny and I don't think anyone else in the cinema did either.

5/10 - the first hour was very slow and then it picked up a bit.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 3:14pm
We need to talk about Kevin

Makes Damien outa The Omen look like Anne of Green Gables
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 3:59pm
Rewatched The Untouchables last night. It really hasn’t aged well at all. Some of the acting was appalling. 

Loved it as a kid but doesn’t stand up well. How Connery won amp Oscar I’ll never know LOL tokenism 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 5:38pm
Watched The Gentlemen last night. Good show. It's just like Guy Richie's other movies, but enjoyable none-the-less, Hugh Grant and Colin Farrell's characters are excellent in it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Watched The Gentlemen last night. Good show. It's just like Guy Richie's other movies, but enjoyable none-the-less, Hugh Grant and Colin Farrell's characters are excellent in it.
yeah went to the cinema last night and watched this. Both you mention were excellent alright. Farrell was funny too from the chipper scene. Ritchies movies are all similar but i always enjoy them.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:49pm
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 1:19pm

Saw this at the weekend, very enjoyable, another Taika masterpiece Clap
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:51am
Image result for history of david copperfield

A lot of 5 star reviews out there for this and I generally like the work of Armando Iannucci.
Some good actors are playing good characters, even thing is very over the top.
But just the story wasn't gripping. About half way through I wasn't liking it and just seemed to drag. It's very rare that I look at my watch in the cinema, but when I do I just want to go home.
The dark side.. And the light
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 12:40am

Another belter from Taika Waititi, I know it was a book but I love how he brings his strain of comedy to a very serious matter.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 4:08am
The Gentleman - 6/10.

Nowhere near as good as Guy Ritchie's other films but a decent effort. Colin Farrell is good as people have said but Hugh Grant steals the show IMO, never thought I'd say that.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 11:25am
"Uncut Gems" on Netflix, over hyped! Adam Sandler plays a Jeweller whose constantly wheeling and dealing to pay off debts and a gambling habit and hopes to hit big with a smuggled Black Opal that Kevin Garnett the Basketball player becomes attached too. Worth watching, sound track/backing music and constant waffling/shouting is annoying so could increase a headache if watching hungover! 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:25am
Richard Jewell - Decent watch about a security guard who discovers a bomb in Atlanta 1996, saves a number of lives and becomes the prime suspect after
7/10
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

"Uncut Gems" on Netflix, over hyped! Adam Sandler plays a Jeweller whose constantly wheeling and dealing to pay off debts and a gambling habit and hopes to hit big with a smuggled Black Opal that Kevin Garnett the Basketball player becomes attached too. Worth watching, sound track/backing music and constant waffling/shouting is annoying so could increase a headache if watching hungover! 

Agreed. It's a decent film alright, certainly well worth a watch, but the ubiquitous 5 star reviews (Irish Times, Guardian x 2 etc) are a bit excessive. It's probably a 3.5 star job at best.
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

"Uncut Gems" on Netflix, over hyped! Adam Sandler plays a Jeweller whose constantly wheeling and dealing to pay off debts and a gambling habit and hopes to hit big with a smuggled Black Opal that Kevin Garnett the Basketball player becomes attached too. Worth watching, sound track/backing music and constant waffling/shouting is annoying so could increase a headache if watching hungover

These actually gave me a headache, and I wasn't hungover.    Music was sh1te, and the constant shouting was very annoying.

Average film at best.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 12:13am
just mercy. Great show.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 472473474475476 523>
  Share Topic