You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 461462463464465 523>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 1:53pm
Watched England Is Mine last night.

Story of a young Morrissey.

Biggest load of sh*te I've ever watched
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Watched it in the cinema when it was released, it really is poor. They weren't helped by not having the rights to the music, but I can't help but feel that was a by-product of it being sh*te. I assume it was mostly watched by people who like the band's music and most of them know that Mozza was a weird, depressed young man with a romanticised view of the world that he didn't know what to do with until Johnny Marr knocked on his door. In hindsight, it was an achievement to get a film out of that sentence!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Watched it in the cinema when it was released, it really is poor. They weren't helped by not having the rights to the music, but I can't help but feel that was a by-product of it being sh*te. I assume it was mostly watched by people who like the band's music and most of them know that Mozza was a weird, depressed young man with a romanticised view of the world that he didn't know what to do with until Johnny Marr knocked on his door. In hindsight, it was an achievement to get a film out of that sentence!

Yop pretty much summed it up
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 2:04pm
watched "The Siege of Jadotville" on Netflix. Good film, its about the Irish Army on UN peace keeping duty in Congo in the 60's. Well worth a watch
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

watched "The Siege of Jadotville" on Netflix. Good film, its about the Irish Army on UN peace keeping duty in Congo in the 60's. Well worth a watch

I saw this a while back and enjoyed it, despite the odd dodgy Irish accent. Decent watch though.

I watched The Invisible Guest on Netflix a couple of days ago and thought it was very good. It's a Spanish thriller about a man that wakes up with a dead woman in his room, and he's trying to find out what happened. It's maybe a little contrived at times but I really enjoyed it. 8/10.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:32pm
I went to see Mid90s and absolutely loved it. I don't think I will enjoy a film more this year.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:34pm
Detroit on Netflix

4/5

Really good film, some gripping scenes especially in the house when the police were interrogating the group up against the wall and then brought each individual into different rooms to try and force answers from them all.

It was hard viewing at times, seeing the constant struggle the African American community went through (I know it's still rife in some states even today unfortunately)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:48pm
Wild Rose isn’t bad
About a single mother in Glasgow who’s been in jail that has a dream of becoming a country music star in Nashville.  

7/10
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 12:43am
Cold Pursuit is a truly awful film. Unfortunately I still have 25 minutes left of this God awful piece of sh*t yet to go. This is my Everest.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 4:59am
I gave it 1/10 3 pages back. Delighted someone else has sat through it LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 8:35am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

FREE SOLO.  Shocked

Its a documentry and I dont say this lightly but its amazing. 5/5.

If you haven't heard of it, don't bother reading reviews and just watch it blind. That's what I did ... mind blown. 

Its brilliant ,the last 15 minutes or so are unreal.

I watched this last night - brilliant!

Just Wow, you have to be crazy to call that a sport.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 10:16am
Avengers: Endgame
The remaining characters that are left try and find a way to bring back the vanished. 
Suppose that's all I can say.
It was good but I think Infinity War was probably better. Everyone seems to have their own character arc once again rather then a whole ensemble piece.
One moment was a bit cringey and Hollywood but a few 'F*ck yeah' moments. Loads of people in the cinema started clapping and yelling. It was a cool moment but I don't think I've ever experienced that before. It seemed like a very American thing to do.
Maybe it was just the excitement of seeing it on the opening day.
The dark side.. And the light
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

FREE SOLO.  Shocked

If you haven't heard of it, don't bother reading reviews and just watch it blind. That's what I did ... mind blown. 

Is it on Netflix?
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

FREE SOLO.  Shocked

Is it on Netflix?

I don't think so. It was a stream job when I saw it anyway. There's another one on Netflix though called The Dawn Wall. Both are excellent.

Edited by Paulie - 27 Apr 2019 at 12:11pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 12:38pm
Cheers. Will check out that one!
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 8:44am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Avengers: Endgame
The remaining characters that are left try and find a way to bring back the vanished. 
Suppose that's all I can say.
It was good but I think Infinity War was probably better. Everyone seems to have their own character arc once again rather then a whole ensemble piece.
One moment was a bit cringey and Hollywood but a few 'F*ck yeah' moments. Loads of people in the cinema started clapping and yelling. It was a cool moment but I don't think I've ever experienced that before. It seemed like a very American thing to do.
Maybe it was just the excitement of seeing it on the opening day.

Oh a cinema full of nerds getting to the end of a 10 year story
Saying that, I watched it, I enjoyed it, and would probably watch it again
The Hollywood moment I think you're referring to was cringey, but didn't take away from the movie

Went to see Green Book at the weekend as well. Now that's a great movie
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 9:20pm
'Woman at War' is brilliant, just brilliant.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 9:54pm
The invitation on Netflix is a decent watch horror movie
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 461462463464465 523>
  Share Topic