You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 458459460461462 521>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The Green Book - 7/10

Viggo Mortensen plays an Italian-American who, while out of work, receives a job offer to drive a black musician around the deep south as he plays a series of gigs.

Would definitely recommend it. Great dynamic between the 2 characters. Mortensen's character is like a slightly more intelligent version of Homer Simpson, but is very entertaining.

Thought it was just ok - 
Very predictable and full of cliches. 

Herself wanted to see this last night and that's how it came across in the trailers. 
We went to see 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' instead. I knew the story, but they still told it well and Richard E. Grant showed us that Withnail never grew up, he just moved to New York! Really enjoyed it. 8/10

It's very well acted but the story is just so dull. 6/10 from me.

I think 7/10 for Green Book is fair. It's basically a buddy movie with a bit of the aul racism thrown in for good measure.
Dull? Really? I think it is absolutely fascinating! She made people think she was some of the greatest wits of all time. She was a genius!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 1:35pm

The Green Book - 7/10

Viggo Mortensen plays an Italian-American who, while out of work, receives a job offer to drive a black musician around the deep south as he plays a series of gigs.

Would definitely recommend it. Great dynamic between the 2 characters. Mortensen's character is like a slightly more intelligent version of Homer Simpson, but is very entertaining.

Thought it was just ok - 

Herself wanted to see this last night and that's how it came across in the trailers. 
We went to see 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' instead. I knew the story, but they still told it well and Richard E. Grant showed us that Withnail never grew up, he just moved to New York! Really enjoyed it. 8/10

I think 7/10 for Green Book is fair. It's basically a buddy movie with a bit of the aul racism thrown in for good measure.

Dull? Really? I think it is absolutely fascinating! She made people think she was some of the greatest wits of all time. She was a genius!

I don't doubt the character's intelligence, and it was good to see Melissa McCarthy prove her worth as an actress, but yeah, the storyline itself didn't do much for me at all. I see that Overlord is available for streaming now. That, and A Private War, will be getting a look over the next few days.

Edited by Paulie - 05 Feb 2019 at 1:36pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 1:41pm
Michael Inside

Its watchable, probably because its an Irish film, but the storyline isn't great. You're sort of waiting for it to take off but nothing really happens until the end.

Its more like an educational documentary of why people should avoid getting involved in drugs.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:23pm

The Green Book - 7/10

Thought it was just ok - 

I don't doubt the character's intelligence, and it was good to see Melissa McCarthy prove her worth as an actress, but yeah, the storyline itself didn't do much for me at all. I see that Overlord is available for streaming now. That, and A Private War, will be getting a look over the next few days.
Fair enough! My problem was that they didn't delve more into the letters and her talent. 
I hadn't heard of Overlord, but I just watched the trailer. I don't think it is for me! Going to watch Black KkKlansman over the next couple nights.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 7:31pm

The Green Book - 7/10

Thought it was just ok - 

Fair enough! My problem was that they didn't delve more into the letters and her talent. 
I hadn't heard of Overlord, but I just watched the trailer. I don't think it is for me! Going to watch Black KkKlansman over the next couple nights.

Overlord had me at Nazi zombies! BK is very good except for one (kind of odd) thing. I won't spoil it for you though.
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Michael Inside

Its watchable, probably because its an Irish film, but the storyline isn't great. You're sort of waiting for it to take off but nothing really happens until the end.

Its more like an educational documentary of why people should avoid getting involved in drugs.

Watched this, hadn't heard of it previously.     Thought it was decent enough.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:20pm
I went to see 'If Beale street Could Talk' and was enjoying it when it ended. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, it is a good story brilliantly told and shot, but very rushed. 6/10
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:05am
Cold Pursuit - 1/10

Seems to be the standard role for Liam Neeson these days, getting revenge on those who murdered or abducted a family member. 

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Walked out after 40 minutes.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 12:05pm

Cold Pursuit - 1/10

Seems to be the standard role for Liam Neeson these days, getting revenge on those who murdered or abducted a family member. 

Leaving 'Schindler's List' aside of the debate, has he been any film that is worth watching the whole way through?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 12:43pm

Cold Pursuit - 1/10

Leaving 'Schindler's List' aside of the debate, has he been any film that is worth watching the whole way through?

Michael Collins 
The Mission*
Batman Begins 
The Next Three Days*  

*he was in them at least ;)
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Cold Pursuit - 1/10

Michael Collins 
The Mission*
Batman Begins 
The Next Three Days*  

The one with the Wolves was decent The Grey I think it was called
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Bohemian Rhapsody 

3/5

I will split this into two sections

Queen fans will love this, it's a fantastic homage to their music and a truly brilliant film to pay homage to Freddie as a musician.

What brings it down for me is that that is what it is it focuses too much on the music and not enough on Freddie as the wild sex crazed coke fiend he was. It does allude to it alright but majority of the scenes are only either the start of the night or the day after, I'm not saying I wanted to see a lad getting rammed up the arse with his head in a mountain of coke but at least they could have made it better then a cheeky wink at someone across a room.

I believe this is why Sacha Baron Cohen was ousted for as this is what he wanted to tell, would it have been a better film? Who knows I will say one thing Rami Malek was fantastic and the Live Aid Concert was just amazing. Well worth a watch 

Great review. I seen it last night and that pretty much sums it up for me. I would give it 4/5 though because the music element was brilliant, they were great performances and the Wembley part left you feeling very satisfied at the end leaving the cinema.  The movie even got a clap from the people in attendance which I never see at cinema's here. 

Bit inappropriate to give the film the clap 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 1:03pm

Cold Pursuit - 1/10

Michael Collins 
The Mission*
Batman Begins 
The Next Three Days*  

Michael Collins was sh*te, although I did watch it through. I actually met Neeson in Clon as aresult. Nice fella, terrible actor.

I couldn't watch 'The Mission' all the way through, I thought it was awful. It had an excellent score though. He was a large part of that. He is just not very believable.
I don't understand Batman at all, especially the attempts to make them some sort of gritty noir.

I haven't seen 'The Next Three Days, but it is, supposedly a poor remake of a French film that I din't think much of.

Looking at his filmography, he has been in some awful sh*te.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 1:17pm
Suppose in the 90s he would have been considered a 'serious actor' with Schindler's List and the others mentioned and Phantom Menace would have been a step out of that.
But since Taken (which is 10 years old now) he has done a lot of repetitive stuff.
Saying that, I've heard a few reviews and they seem to think that Cold Pursuit is pretty decent.  
The dark side.. And the light
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 2:11pm

Cold Pursuit - 1/10

Michael Collins 
The Mission*
Batman Begins 
The Next Three Days*  

Michael Collins was sh*te, although I did watch it through. I actually met Neeson in Clon as aresult. Nice fella, terrible actor.

I couldn't watch 'The Mission' all the way through, I thought it was awful. It had an excellent score though. He was a large part of that. He is just not very believable.
I don't understand Batman at all, especially the attempts to make them some sort of gritty noir.

I haven't seen 'The Next Three Days, but it is, supposedly a poor remake of a French film that I din't think much of.

Looking at his filmography, he has been in some awful sh*te.

I thought Silence was very good, although it wouldn't be for everybody. Also, now that I think of it, he wasn't actually in it very much. I recently saw Widows and enjoyed it, albeit not as much as the reviews lead me to believe I would. Taken was very good. One of those movies where you leave your brain at the door and tell it that you'll collect it on the way out.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Suppose in the 90s he would have been considered a 'serious actor' with Schindler's List and the others mentioned and Phantom Menace would have been a step out of that.
But since Taken (which is 10 years old now) he has done a lot of repetitive stuff.
Saying that, I've heard a few reviews and they seem to think that Cold Pursuit is pretty decent.  

You have been warned.

I actually thought The Grey was alright, more to do with the plot rather than the acting.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 7:17am
quite enjoyed malicious - not a radical shake up on past horror movies but well done and a few jump out moments - pretty decent 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 7:23am
hereditary and a quiet place up next 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 458459460461462 521>
  Share Topic