You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 453454455456457 523>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:10am
The Van. Clap
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:43am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Sorry To Bother You.

Dark comedy set in an alternative future,a black telemarketer adopts a "white voice" to become a success at his job.I wont go into anymore detail but I thought it was excellent.

I thought you were interrupting the RB stuff to ask another question on us to guess the movie LOL
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:47am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Sorry To Bother You.

Dark comedy set in an alternative future,a black telemarketer adopts a "white voice" to become a success at his job.I wont go into anymore detail but I thought it was excellent.

I thought you were interrupting the RB stuff to ask another question on us to guess the movie LOL

LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:58am
I thought the same! I was worried this place was becoming polite.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:41pm
So did I until I looked it up.

Sounds like a good flick
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:49pm
The Van and The Snapper have aged badly. 

RBaggio if you do watch them would ypu post up your opinion
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:21pm
Watched Searching the other night and thought it was quite good 7/10
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:28pm
Brought the kids to see Smallfoot the weekend, decent enough but too many singing scenes led to most kids in the place losing interest until they were over. 
Worth a watch though
7/10
Some people just deserve a slap
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:48pm
A star is born.

Apparently this is the 4th time this film has been made so it might not be new for other views. New to me anyway and I enjoyed it.
Bradley Cooper was very good as the alcoholic musician, and gaga wasn't bad either. She just looked normal for a change.
The song weren't big showy numbers, not like a la la land when it goes ' here comes the song routine'

8/10

Venom

I forgot from my younger days if Venom is always bad ass or does he suppose to get a heart?
This was alright, that's about it. Trying to get laughs like buddy duo between Venom and Brock. Didn't really work for me.
Also the longest end credits for a marvel film i've ever seen and I waited for a new cartoon spiderman that is very much aimed at kids.

6/10

First Man
Gosling was good as the moany Neil. Doesn't come across as a likeable guy.
I did like the fact the one scene during a shuttle launch you are in the cockpit the whole time. It doesn't brake out of that and you get a real sense of being stuck in there.
Good acting and a bit long, and the suspense? You know what happens.

7/10 
The dark side.. And the light
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:11am
Bohemian Rhapsody 7/10
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Bohemian Rhapsody 7/10

Dissapointed in it. Thought it would have been better. Yer man playing Freddie was excellent but I think the rest of the band had too much say inn the film and we missed the full warts and all. 5/10

Edited by drog addict - 27 Oct 2018 at 7:59am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 1:06pm

Bohemian Rhapsody 7/10

Great review.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Bohemian Rhapsody 7/10

Great review.

LOL

‘Twas a good show. The man playing Freddie’s teeth and mouth were too big though. 
Quite emotional in parts. His Irish manager doesn’t come across well at all 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 5:28pm
Bohemian Rhapsody 

3/5

I will split this into two sections

Queen fans will love this, it's a fantastic homage to their music and a truly brilliant film to pay homage to Freddie as a musician.

What brings it down for me is that that is what it is it focuses too much on the music and not enough on Freddie as the wild sex crazed coke fiend he was. It does allude to it alright but majority of the scenes are only either the start of the night or the day after, I'm not saying I wanted to see a lad getting rammed up the arse with his head in a mountain of coke but at least they could have made it better then a cheeky wink at someone across a room.

I believe this is why Sacha Baron Cohen was ousted for as this is what he wanted to tell, would it have been a better film? Who knows I will say one thing Rami Malek was fantastic and the Live Aid Concert was just amazing. Well worth a watch 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 6:22pm
Halloween - 4/10

Just another example of a needless sequel. Some decent kills in it but it almost becomes funny in how bad it is towards the end. Special mention to the young blonde wan with the nips on show throughout the film.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 8:57pm
Watched Gone Girl last night.
First half was really good then it turned ridiculous.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 12:05am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Bohemian Rhapsody 

3/5

I will split this into two sections

Queen fans will love this, it's a fantastic homage to their music and a truly brilliant film to pay homage to Freddie as a musician.

What brings it down for me is that that is what it is it focuses too much on the music and not enough on Freddie as the wild sex crazed coke fiend he was. It does allude to it alright but majority of the scenes are only either the start of the night or the day after, I'm not saying I wanted to see a lad getting rammed up the arse with his head in a mountain of coke but at least they could have made it better then a cheeky wink at someone across a room.

I believe this is why Sacha Baron Cohen was ousted for as this is what he wanted to tell, would it have been a better film? Who knows I will say one thing Rami Malek was fantastic and the Live Aid Concert was just amazing. Well worth a watch 

LOLLOL
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Watched Gone Girl last night.
First half was really good then it turned ridiculous.
Emily though Heart
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 453454455456457 523>
  Share Topic