You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 450451452453454 524>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 12:29am
Just watching Big here, the Tom Hanks classic. Imagine they made one of those role reversal, pro diversity remakes of this featuring chicks and minorities. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:34am
Image result for hotel artemis

6/10
L.A in the future during riots. Hotel Artemis is a hospitals for criminals.
One of the rules is not to kill other guests, but rules are made to be broken.

I thought this would be similar to the hotel from John Wick. It was ok. Saved any fighting too far near the end and Charlie Day as a coked up arms dealer is very Charlie Day in Sunny but still entertaining.
There's not too much out at the moment so this was good to pass the time.

Incredibles 2
Usually pixar films can be very funny but there were barely a handful of chuckles out of this.
I wasn't keen on the first one either but thought this might be better.

Whitney
Not sure if this is the same one that is on Netflix at the moment.
Interesting to hear her family say she had a great childhood and sugar coat everything but she actually had a lot going on.
Was grand but wouldn't be recommending, one to keep the other half happy if she's into that kind of thing.
The dark side.. And the light
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:15am
Watched Alien last night for the first time Embarrassed

Class film, intense as f**k!

8/10
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

8/10

Shocked

You hadn't seen Alien up until now.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 10:23am
Watched La La Land the other night, holy god what a depressing film. The ending is just heart wrenching
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:07am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

8/10

Shocked

I know, shocking altogether as I consider myself a movie buff!

Have also never seen any of the Godfather trilogy EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Aliens next, maybe Alien 3 and then the above trilogy!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:13am

Enjoy! Wow. Would love to be watching that again for the very first time.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:21am
Are you serious Podge Shocked wow, I remember watching them for the first time when I was 12 LOL I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now but man I'd love to be watching them again for the first time like Devrozex said.

Aliens is a f**king masterpiece though. Definitely up there with the best sequels of all time. There is nothing lacking in it Clap

I'd stop at Alien 3 though, the storytelling is nowhere near as strong after that. And theres way more CGI nowadays. It basically ruined Alien: Covenant for me Thumbs Down
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:33am

8/10

Shocked

Have also never seen any of the Godfather trilogy EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

You've never seen Aliens either seriously Podge you disappoint me.

Definitely watch Alien 3 much better film then what people give it credit for. Fincher was treated like sh*t by the studio while doing it and you can definitely get the sense that it wasn't the film he wanted it to be.

This would be the reason I'd highly recommend watching the assembly cut (directors cut) as this gives far more depth to movie and a lot closer to what Fincher wanted even though he rarely speaks about the film.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 30 Jul 2018 at 11:33am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Are you serious Podge Shocked wow, I remember watching them for the first time when I was 12 LOL I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now but man I'd love to be watching them again for the first time like Devrozex said.

Aliens is a f**king masterpiece though. Definitely up there with the best sequels of all time. There is nothing lacking in it Clap

I'd stop at Alien 3 though, the storytelling is nowhere near as strong after that. And theres way more CGI nowadays. It basically ruined Alien: Covenant for me Thumbs Down

I liked Covenant at first viewing but a rewatch opened my eyes to how terrible it was. as you say the CGI ruined it.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 30 Jul 2018 at 11:51am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:36am
I have no interest in Aliens, but you have to watch The Godather trilogy, it should be a necessity.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:59am
Saw that movie Weekend at Bernie's.  9/10.    Very deep and full of subtle subplots.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 1:38pm
[/QUOTE]Have also never seen any of the Godfather trilogy [/QUOTE]

Get out. Seriously.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:56pm
Went to see the Meg... 

So bad it's kinda good
The_Yank View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Yank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 7:26am

8/10

Shocked

After Alien 3 go for Alien vs Predator... I liked it as it had the best of both film series in there and a lot of familiar faces that paint the picture for the larger universe in which it takes place. ClapClapClap
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:28am
Originally posted by The_Yank The_Yank wrote:

8/10

Shocked

After Alien 3 go for Alien vs Predator... I liked it as it had the best of both film series in there and a lot of familiar faces that paint the picture for the larger universe in which it takes place. ClapClapClap

Cry  I'll agree AvP had it's enjoyable moments but overall it was terrible. The second one I actually felt like walking out of the cinema as it was that bad.

Talking about Predator I am not looking forward to the new Predator movie looks terrible, I think it seems to be the thing with rehashs of films now let's make them all action, action, action. The best thing about both the original Alien and Predator films is that it invested in the characters.

For example Alien- all the characters just seemed like an everyday construction worker  team. The same for Predator the bond between the soldiers
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 10:24am

8/10

Shocked

The best thing about both the original Alien and Predator films is that it invested in the characters.

This line absolutely cracked me up! Just what you want in a film about creatures from another planet popping out of you, in-depth characters.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

8/10

Shocked

The best thing about both the original Alien and Predator films is that it invested in the characters.

This line absolutely cracked me up! Just what you want in a film about creatures from another planet popping out of you, in-depth characters.

LOL  You know what I mean. both Alien, Aliens and even to an extend Alien 3 all have character who have they own unique persona and traits unlike say the newer ones were it's all shooting and let's kill everything and jump straight into the action.

The first 30-40 minutes of Alien doesn't even have the Alien in it at all. Same with Predator the predator doesn't actually appear until after the whole other subplot of the rescue mission finishes up, yes you get some slight build up, it doesn't jump straight into the Predator killing them until at least 30-40 minutes into the film. Unlike AvP (SPOILERS) were they are attacked within the first 10-15 minutes of the film after they set up some crappy back story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 450451452453454 524>
  Share Topic