You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 449450451452453 521>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

I thought Solo was a bit of a bore. 
I saw that and Infinity wars for a 2nd time yesterday and still preferred Infinity Wars. 

Ehrenreich wasn't too bad, he had the smirk and even the stance when shooting the blaster. Lando was good and sounded like him too.
Wasn't mad about the droid and all that equality sh*te. They're droids, not people but slight hidden meaning there.
Also the ending which Blanc pointed to was a surprise because the timeline of that seems way off.
Rouge one was much better.

Aye Glover done a good job and if rumours are true shall be getting his own movie spin-off.

The droid was a headwreck all right. 

In regards to the timeline  believe that it is set about 10 years before A New Hope so it is plausible.

Maybe we're not talking about the same thing here, but how many years was the Phanthom menace set before A new hope?
Obi Wan was only the young apprentice during PM and was well into his 60's by a new hope.
Phantom menace is set 32 years before a New Hope
Solo would be about 10.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:04pm
Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom

The follow up to Jurassic World, the plot of the movie is that the island is threatened by a volcano so a rescue operation is sent to save them or  so it seems.

I wont go any further as to not spoil, but overall it was enjoyable some good moments and some bad.

I'd give it 3.5/5 

It has its scares and some tense which Bayona (the director) is renowned for but one or two of the characters are simply annoying or under utilised 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 10:34am
Jurassic Park was released 25 years ago today. Still one of my favorite films of all time.

The Raptors in the Kitchen scene has to be up there with one of the most tense and scary moments of any film franchise. Brilliantly shot and well paced

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 10:36am

Jurassic Park was released 25 years ago today. Still one of my favorite films of all time.

The Raptors in the Kitchen scene has to be up there with one of the most tense and scary moments of any film franchise. Brilliantly shot and well paced

The scene where Denmark score 5 goals is the scariest for me
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The scene where Denmark score 5 goals is the scariest for me

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 1:38pm
Super Troopers 2 - Absolute dog sh*t, I was disgusted by how bad it was, the first one is an absolute gem of a movie.

1/10
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Super Troopers 2 - Absolute dog sh*t, I was disgusted by how bad it was, the first one is an absolute gem of a movie.

1/10

Yeah, saw it on Monday. It's not in the same league as the original obviously but I'd give it a little more than 1/10 myself! Definitely had a few moments - although padded out with plenty of garbage. They went waaaay overboard on the whole Canada/'Murica thing anyway. That's for sure.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

1/10

Yeah, saw it on Monday. It's not in the same league as the original obviously but I'd give it a little more than 1/10 myself! Definitely had a few moments - although padded out with plenty of garbage. They went waaaay overboard on the whole Canada/'Murica thing anyway. That's for sure.

I think it's just because my expectations were so high that I felt it deserves 1/10, probably is a bit harsh, the scene with the drugs was quite funny as was the opening scene but I just feel they got everything wrong, even the Fred Savage scene that they built up so much during the movie was crap.

Edited by BigPodge - 20 Jun 2018 at 6:01pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:19am
Just seen they are making Creed II

Apollo’s son trained by Rocky is fighting Ivan Drago’s Son 

Ffs - it’s going to be terrible but I can’t help myself, I will be watching it.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The fact that 'Murica and the Ruskis are such great pals these days really takes the edge off such a premise.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The fact that 'Murica and the Ruskis are such great pals these days really takes the edge off such a premise.

I assumed it was Drago himself he was fighting
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 1:15pm
Stupid sun and World Cup keeping me away from the cinema these days.
Sicario 2 supposed to be very good and looking forward to it.

Jurassic World: Fallen kingdom.
Very meh. Not as good as the other one that re kickstarted the franchise again. 
It was in the trailer so I'm not giving anything away, but how many times can they get away with a T-Rex creeping up and fighting the larger dinosaur and still being surprised?
The whole morality issue too, wasn't sure about that.
The dark side.. And the light
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 8:43am
Went last night to see Dublin Oldschool only for it to be sold out.

Jumped on Sicario 2 (having never seen the first one) and boy am i glad i chose that over Jurassic sh*te or Adrift.

Very entertaining movie. Moves slowly but never get bored watching. Enjoyed every minute of it and some fine acting.

Looking forward to watching the first at the weekend.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 9:22am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Jumped on Sicario 2 (having never seen the first one) and boy am i glad i chose that over Jurassic sh*te or Adrift.

Very entertaining movie. Moves slowly but never get bored watching. Enjoyed every minute of it and some fine acting.

Was Mrs McG not a bit peeved?
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:08am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Watch the first one it's excellent and better than this one imo.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 6:59pm
I see Michael Flatley has made a movie I sh*t you not LOL

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I see Michael Flatley has made a movie I sh*t you not LOL

‘Kin hell, is this the latest Naked Gun movie, is begorrah Flatley replacing Leslie Nielsen?
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 9:24am
Do not put Leslie in the same category as that steaming turd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 449450451452453 521>
  Share Topic