You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424425426427428 523>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 10:04am
Originally posted by ChuckVANSeagal ChuckVANSeagal wrote:

At times it suffers from a lack of budget and the Loyalist/Republican wing sharing seemed really unrealistic. Lawlor and McCann are excellent and just like the break out being a massive propaganda victory and morale boost for the Profesional IRA this should be a massive success at the Irish box office. Although it glorifies the cause it delivers on suspense, tension and has fantastic cinematography.

4/5
Anyone have a dodgy link for this? None of the cinemas near me have had it.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 11:54am
Chucks reviews Clap
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 4:38pm
Image result for goodbye christopher robin

The writer of Winne the pooh uses his son as part of the story and then flogs him off for PR purposes. This is more about how hard it was for people to show any emotion back in those days. The kid grew up to really resent his father.
Not one for the young kids, but nice.

6/10
The dark side.. And the light
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

The writer of Winne the pooh uses his son as part of the story and then flogs him off for PR purposes. This is more about how hard it was for people to show any emotion back in those days. The kid grew up to really resent his father.

6/10
I have been wanting to go and see this but haven't had an opportunity. I was hoping, given the cast and the story, that it was going to be better than a '6/10' film. Disappointing to read that as I find your reviews to be fairly accurate, if not as amusing as Quey's!
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 5:08pm
Image result for wind river

A native American girl dies in mysterious circumstances. Really enjoyed this, kept guessing guessing and the last 1/3 is great.

8/10

Edited by darmack - 04 Oct 2017 at 5:15pm
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

6/10
I have been wanting to go and see this but haven't had an opportunity. I was hoping, given the cast and the story, that it was going to be better than a '6/10' film. Disappointing to read that as I find your reviews to be fairly accurate, if not as amusing as Quey's!

It was probably just a bit too nice.
Maybe just a sign of time was that if your child was crying you'd ignore it and get the nanny to sort it out. Their emotions were very stiff upper lip and restraint. Also before seeing this I heard it was very teary and to brace yourself, maybe I did brace myself as I didn't find it as emotional as I was expecting. A monster calls from the start of the year was much better.

You prag
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 5:26pm

Thought the middle of this dragged a bit. The planning of the breakout seemed to go on for a bit too long and trying to establish a relationship between Marley and the P.O didn't work for me, I know it was only to use him anyway.
Thought the acting between those fenians and prods was a bit gammy.
I was nearly dosing off in the cinema too so didn't grip me. It picked up when the escape was under way but was too late.

5/10
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 5:31pm

6/10

Maybe just a sign of time was that if your child was crying you'd ignore it and get the nanny to sort it out. Their emotions were very stiff upper lip and restraint. Also before seeing this I heard it was very teary and to brace yourself, maybe I did brace myself as I didn't find it as emotional as I was expecting. A monster calls from the start of the year was much better.

You prag
LOL
I've never even heard of that film, will have to have a look later.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 5:37pm

6/10

You prag

LOLLOL

That term isnt used half enough on this site anymore 
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:09pm
Watched “The Day of The Jackal” (1973) on TCM or something last night, hadn’t seen it for a while, great movie.

It was written by Frederick Forsyth, who lived in Co Wicklow in the 1970’s.
He became good friends with Charlie Haughey of all people.
When the Pope came to Ireland in 1979 Haughey asked Forsyth for advice on how to guard the Pope against any assasination attempt.
Forsyth himself was concerned that his children might be IRA kidnap targets, apparently Haughey have him his personal guarantee that nothing would happen to them.

Forsyth appeared with Gloria Hunniford on UK version of “Who wants to be a millionaire”, Gloria knew diddly snot, but ol’ Freddie won them £250,000 single handedly.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:15am
Image result for kingsman 2

After loving the first one this was such a let down.
There wasn't as much humor and everything that seemed to work in the first film was almost carbon copied. Big fight scene 'ok, lets use an obscure 70's or 80's song for the soundtrack'. Got a bit boring when they went to Glastonbury, yes Glastonbury, 'Bigger is better'.
The only shining light was Elton John, totally taking the p*ss out of himself.
And seemed like they are going for a 3rd one which could only get better.
5/10

Was planning on seeing the snowman this weekend but critics are saying it's terrible.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:36am

There wasn't as much humor and everything that seemed to work in the first film was almost carbon copied. Big fight scene 'ok, lets use an obscure 70's or 80's song for the soundtrack'. Got a bit boring when they went to Glastonbury, yes Glastonbury, 'Bigger is better'.
5/10

Was planning on seeing the snowman this weekend but critics are saying it's terrible.

Disappointed to read this as, just like you, really enjoyed the first one and was planning on watching this later today.
Also finally got around to watching Dunkirk, completely over rated and overhyped
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by ChuckVANSeagal ChuckVANSeagal wrote:

The Exception.jpg

Solid acting from the legendary Plummer and James with a good cameo from Marsan as Himmler. Nice costumes, set design and storyline, too.

3/5

Hugo Boss, Albert Speer and Discovery Channel/National Geographic tv biographies.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:23am
Hated the first one, will wait for this to appear on Sky and give it a go.

Mathew Vaughn was making such a great name for himself after Kickass and XMen First Class, has done so little since then except disappoint.

5/10

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:24pm
Just caught the end of a trailer for Geostorm.
Starring Gerard Butler, the guy with the odd accent, like he has someone else’s false teeth in his gob.
Looks like a good popcorn garbage Hollywood movie, I’ll watch it.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:35pm
Just watched Everest on Netflix - decent film.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Can't wait to watch the latest Blade Runner film, got a great review. Might watch the first one again

Saw the 3D IMAX version of this in Cineworld over the weekend - one of my favourite ever cinema experiences. Visually stunning and just an all round excellent film. Interesting to see that it's done poorly at the box office - just like the original.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Can't wait to watch the latest Blade Runner film, got a great review. Might watch the first one again

Saw the 3D IMAX version of this in Cineworld over the weekend - one of my favourite ever cinema experiences. Visually stunning and just an all round excellent film. Interesting to see that it's done poorly at the box office - just like the original.

Not for everyone. Long ass film. At least 6 people upped and left when I watched it at the weekend.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424425426427428 523>
  Share Topic