You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 413414415416417 523>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:32pm
0/10, fell asleep for about 30 mins. disappointing as had potential

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/apr/13/helen-mirren-fast-and-furious-8-great-actors-daft-movies#comment-96552943

I never realised they had made so many of these films, is it not the same thing over and over again? Anyway, Helen Mirren is in the next one!

The article made me think of my favourite quote from an actor ever, Michael Caine on 'Jaws 2: The revenge';

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and that is terrific."

That Michael Caine quote
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 8:17am
The trailer for that Boss Baby looked good enough when I was in the cinema for the Lego movie with the little fella. But that must've been the best bits already then Count
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:06am
Weekend at Bernies was on last night.

Havent seen it in about 20 years. Held up well. 

Proper, late night Saturday film Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:21am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Um.. it's Friday
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:59am
Watched "Argo", really really good.

Also watched "Inferno", not bad but I'd read the book about a year ago so kind of spoiled it.

Stopped watching "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" after 20 mins, appalling stuff.
* all the original The Harry Potter movies very very good.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:07am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Um.. it's Friday

Thanks for that.

My point being, it's the type of film you stick on on a late night Saturday.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:33am
On again on Monday night. Didn't get a chance to see it last night because of the United game
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 9:03am
Going to see Alien Covenant tonight shall post up a review after
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 9:19am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Going to see Alien Covenant tonight shall post up a review after
I misread that as Alien Convent, a film I would be far more interested in.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 9:42pm
Alien Covenant 4/5

I truly enjoyed this being a massive alien fan.

It mixes all the good parts from the first 3 and adds a few more scares for good measure.

Your typical Ridley Scott movie slow to begin with but draws you in then before you know there is blood flying everywhere.

Fassbender made Prometheus bearable he makes this brilliant.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:21pm
Alien: Covenant - 2.5/5

Also a big fan of the Alien franchise but was left pretty disappointed by this effort. It's an awful lot closer to Prometheus than it is to the earlier films. It was a slow-burner, which I've no issue with if the atmosphere is building nicely, but it wasn't really in this film. The middle part is probably the strongest, and also the most entertaining, stage of the film before it kind of turned into an Alien/Aliens tribute act for the third and final act. It's really disappointing that all these years on Scott still can't seem to figure out why Alien worked so well. I suppose this film connected the story line reasonably well but it was the seemingly random nihilism of the Aliens in the first few films that made them so alluring. Doesn't seem as fun when everything is explained out as it has been in the last two films. The dialogue wasn't exactly top notch either. As a stand-alone action/horror film it is decent enough but again just not a patch on the first two for me.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:19pm
Guardians of Galaxy Volume 2.
3/5

I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot, I am Groot.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 5:47pm
Recently watched:

Trainspotting 2  - 4/5 As far as sequels go this was great. It was funnier than the first one but not a classic like the first one.

Friday night lights - 3/5
Haven't read it but the book is suppose to be great. A decent sports movie but nothing you haven't seen before.

Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 5:51am
Image result for get out

8/10 - Horror/comedy. Very good film. Something a bit different. Can see it being a cult classic. Brought out a good few jumps and laughs from the audience in the cinema. 

Image result for the gambler

5/10 - Wasn't pushed on this. I always find Wahlberg watchable and he is good in this and there's some fine support too (Brie Larson, Jessica Lange, John Goodman) but the film felt a little aimless. I dunno... It didn't keep me really interested or invested in the character really. Soundtrack is great though. 

Ahh heya!
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 7:12am
Image result for guardians of the galaxy 2

7/10 - Very enjoyable. Just as funny as the first I thought and how awesome was Baby Groot's dance at the start? It got a little CGI heavy towards the end but that's countered by how majestic they made Kurt Russell look in the opening scene Clap 

Image result for chef film

7/10 - A feel good film. Directed by and starring Jon Favreau, it's a nice, fun drama with a great soundtrack. Worth a watch and it's on Netflix.

Ahh heya!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 9:30am
Kill the Irishman. 

Based on true story of Danny Greene in Cleveland and his mixing it up with the local mob.

Some of the absolute worst acting ive ever seen - over acting at times, wooden, just awful. Low budget stuff with small cameos from Christopher Walken and other familiar mafia role playing actors.

Never heard of the lead actor (Ray Stevenson) and feel he was cast poorly. This was a role made for Russell Crowe! His bit of fluff in it however Heart

Vinny Jones as one of his sidekicks with horrific Irish accent Dead

How this scores 7.1/10 on imdb is beyond me. Good story but poor execution. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 10:24am
Wonder Woman

Something about the more recent DC films in that the special effects look comic booky which I'm not a fan of.
This was fine and a bit of fun but not amazing. I found myself just looking at Gal Gadot and thinking she is unreal looking.
One thing that did annoy me was that Chris Pine is a spy with an American accent. He goes undercover to a German gala party and he 'POOTS ON ZIS OVA ZE TOP JERMAN AKCENT TO FIT IAN' and that seems to make him a spy.

6.5/10
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 413414415416417 523>
  Share Topic